Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Now the met office saying that dumfries and galloway will have thunder tonight. Humph we shall see :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

For what it's worth, and perhaps rather unsurprisingly, some nice (stunning in fact) AcCas south of London - I'm on an earlier train (upon which it's about 45-50C easily - driver has just apologised) so can't photograph it.

The last time I saw AcCas like that it resulted in awesome storms later that night....here's hoping for us slowly boiling in sunny SE!

Now the met office saying that dumfries and galloway will have thunder tonight. Humph we shall see :-(

I'd be surprised if more storms do not fire - hang in there

• Like 2

What a flamin day. Boiled driving the bus. Thumpin headache. Held out hope that those lovely big clouds would eventually produce some flashes and bangs but absolutely nothing! What is wrong with this part of the uk? I was busy saying this morning that i bet the storms are south and east to us, and yep, i was right. Am going for a much-needed cold shower, and sods law i'll get zapped. Not happy :-(

Cheer up it could nearly be Christmas!? Nature of storms afraid to say, very hit and miss the globe over. Let alone the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Had a bit of convective rain at about midday in Birmingham...been working in both Wolverhampton and West Bromwich today aswell...nout! Now home in Dudley...still nout lol

Posted

I just watched the 'rest of the day' forecast on the Metoffice website - it was shocking (not in a good way haha)! No mention of the storm in Yorkshire, there was no rain in S Wales at 4pm, which is where some of the storms are - and kept calling the drizzly mess in N Wales, 'thundery showers'!

• Like 1

Posted

Theres still plenty of energy about over Northern England, so whats currently stopping storms from firing up? 

Apologies for my rookie questions!  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I can't get my pics up yet and have no power to use my laptop but some great pics here from other people if anyone was interested from this afternoons storm courtesy of the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/tyne_and_wear

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like a loaded gun atmosphere for definite

I've got yesterdays blue sky back for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Theres still plenty of energy about over Northern England, so whats currently stopping storms from firing up? 

I'd say the blanket of cloud which has done nothing but produce the odd spot of light rain

• Like 1

Posted

I just watched the 'rest of the day' forecast on the Metoffice website - it was shocking (not in a good way haha)! No mention of the storm in Yorkshire, there was no rain in S Wales at 4pm, which is where some of the storms are - and kept calling the drizzly mess in N Wales, 'thundery showers'!

it really is a major fail AGAIN for the NW , meto are rubbish at forecasting storms here   , i kept reiterating what would happen even yesterday,  but i feel i was ridiculed by some members,  I am right  yet again  , met office wrong yet again, I know this area too well 

Edited by IanR
  • Like 6

For what it's worth, and perhaps rather unsurprisingly, some nice (stunning in fact) AcCas south of London - I'm on an earlier train (upon which it's about 45-50C easily - driver has just apologised) so can't photograph it.

The last time I saw AcCas like that it resulted in awesome storms later that night....here's hoping for us slowly boiling in sunny SE!

I'd be surprised if more storms do not fire - hang in there

Indeed come on south East!!

Tomorrow early morning onwards looks good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'd say the blanket of cloud which has done nothing but produce the odd spot of light rain

Well, no blanket cloud here - currently sunny albeit hazy. Give it time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

It always seems to be the case here that we get storms only when they are unforecasted  :laugh:. The met office always seem to jynx it! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, I had some T&L today so very happy with that. I doubt I'll see anything more till probably Friday Night now so we shall have to wait and see what that brings. :)

Posted

simple, the fact that its the north west , some kind of anti storm shield here , even when all the ingredients are here 

It always seems to be the case here that we get storms only when they are unforecasted :laugh:. The met office always seem to jynx it!

More moans. Incredible really. They just keep on coming!

Edited by fazer76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Can't help but smile wryly at those negative souls who pooh-poohed this hot spell saying records wouldn't be broken (in quite a forceful, dismissive tone, too). One nil to the dreamers! What an incredible summers day! :D 

A few rumbles earlier this afternoon bt it has since returned back to the hot and hazy sunshine. Hopefully more storms brewing later...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

it really is a major fail AGAIN for the NW , meto are rubbish at forecasting storms here   , i kept reiterating what would happen even yesterday,  but i feel i was ridiculed by some members,  I am right  yet again  , met office wrong yet again, I know this area too well 

You haven't been proven right - because it's only 5pm and most models agree that storms wouldn't begin breaking out until later? Seems silly to make such a call now. Maybe a few hours and nothing has happened.

• Like 1

Posted

Seems like the dribs and drabs of the cloud are sat firmly in NW England into the midlands, east of the Pennines have lovely weather again. It actually feels more oppressive with the cloud, than without!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

More moans. Incredible really. They just keep on coming!

I'm not moaning, it's actually a statement of fact based upon what i've seen over the years! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Don't know what all the whimpering is about. Those N of Liverpool in NW England will see storms firing over the next couple of hours....these migrating NE. This was never meant to occur before 5pm anyway. I'd say those In Lancashire/Cumbria should get ready for some potentially severe weather over the next few hours.

• Like 3