Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

depends on your height I suppose, I'm just over six five , similar size to jezza clarkson !!.

I'm actually same height/weight as Mo Farah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Cloudy, damp and breezy - Not woke up to this weather type for quite some time! 

Posted

Proper belting it down now!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A bit of rain earlier, 1.5 mm, but much less than I was expecting. Dry now. 15.1°C

Posted

Stopped raining but still overcast and windy, leaves getting blown off trees. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

The sun is trying to come out now. It feels all humid and muggy... lovely :)

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Wet overnight but currently dry, roads etc. damp.  Not been out yet but looks quite breezy. Liverpool ATIS is reporting 17C, haven't checked here yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sun has been out since 11 AM. Temperature is rising quickly, currently 20.1°C. First day over 20c since the beginning of September. Quite rare to get 20c days in October around here. I have the south-easterly wind to thank for today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Been quite nice here, apart from the warmth. It's been wet, windy and pretty dull, just like autumn should be. :)

Posted

Despite the damp & breezy weather it's been very mild reaching 17.2c this afternoon as the rain cleared. 

Posted

Max ended up as 20.4°C after a day of sunny intervals. A little rain earlier this morning and a few spots this afternoon. Still 19 c

Posted

Max ended up as 20.4°C after a day of sunny intervals. A little rain earlier this morning and a few spots this afternoon. Still 19 c

Amazing the difference in conditions here just 14 miles inland.  I could see the sunshine just a few miles away looking towards the Wirral.  We had overnight rain but cloudy and damp all morning.  The sunny conditions appeared to be approaching until a sharp shower early afternoon, then the cloud closed in.  Currently broken Sc with some clear patches.  Breezy this morning but currently light breeze F2. I can see clearly the tit on the top of Moel Fammau so visibility >20 miles.  Forgot to reset my weather station last night so no max or min reading but currently 19.1C. Pressure 996mb

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 1

Posted

Amazing the difference in conditions here just 14 miles inland.  I could see the sunshine just a few miles away looking towards the Wirral.  We had overnight rain but cloudy and damp all morning.  The sunny conditions appeared to be approaching until a sharp shower early afternoon, then the cloud closed in.  Currently broken Sc with some clear patches.  Breezy this morning but currently light breeze F2. I can see clearly the tit on the top of Moel Fammau so visibility >20 miles.  Forgot to reset my weather station last night so no max or min reading but currently 19.1C. Pressure 996mb

yes, as is often the case, the south-easterly wind meant that the coast got the best weather in the region. That's why I love Scandi highs.
  • Like 1

Posted

Well that was a wet and windy night and start to the day but eventually cleared and became quite muggy temps dropped now though had to put my big coat on to go the shop

• Like 1

Posted

Well that was a wet and windy night and start to the day but eventually cleared and became quite muggy temps dropped now though had to put my big coat on to go the shop

I know I keep saying this but it amazes me how un-wet and windy it was last night here after reading posts like this. Calm and damp would be a better description. Makes me unusually glad that I live where I do.
  • Like 1

Posted

I know I keep saying this but it amazes me how un-wet and windy it was last night here after reading posts like this. Calm and damp would be a better description. Makes me unusually glad that I live where I do.

I grew up in Wirral (Heswall then Parkgate) there was a definite micro-climate.

Posted

Temp holding up, it's still 15.6c. Just starting to rain again.