Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The cloud finally cleared about 15:30ish so managed a few hours of sun out of the day! Cooler than of late at just 14.2c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

I think the next 5/6 days will go as current models show ,but beyond that high pressure with just a shift here or there could realy bring many different weather types over the UK .

just got a Gut feeling that some very merky cold days could be on the cards on the far horizon ,high pressure seems to want to hang around to our east or north ,but will that be that or are we seeing some early signs of whats to come over the winter period ,so we have some interesting Model discussions ahead ,Not many about tonight i wonder why ,My 93 yr old mother in law is watching the rugby ,cheers gang  :drinks:thought i,d posted this in Model output discussion ,well should have gone to spec savers .

Edited by legritter
  • Like 1

Posted

Overcast start looks like a grey day on the cards unless we can get a clearance this afternoon like yesterday... Not as cold as recent mornings either with a low of 9.2c, currently 12.7c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

It started off very murky and cloudy here, but has since brigtened right up in the last half an hour or so. I hope there is another sunny and warm-feeling afternoon on the way. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After yesterday's cloudy murk at least the sun broke through today and since lunchtime it has been lovely.

Only mid teens but there is still some strength in the sun and it feels pleasantly warm.

Posted

Nice late afternoon sunshine for the last hour as the cloud that's been hanging around all day cleared northwards, still a bit of warmth to be felt in the sun when it does appear. 14.3c max today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

After Saturday's fog and cloudfest, the day dawned clear with some fair weather Cu developing through the morning.  The afternoon mirrored most of last week: cloudless. Currently cloud seems to increasing from the west.  Little or no breeze F0-1.  Visibility >10 miles.  Overnight min:7.3C, max: 18.3C, currently 12.1C and dropping.  Pressure has been falling over the weekend, currently 1007mb.

Went swimming in my local River Weaver at Frodsham, water temp 13C which is pretty normal for the time of year.  Probably helped by the warm conditions last week.

post-22254-0-16413100-1443984040_thumb.j

post-22254-0-97173600-1443984108_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Yikes swimming in 13 degrees water!!! LOL... I thought it was chilly enough in the sea at 20c in Fuerteventura back in June! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yikes swimming in 13 degrees water!!! LOL... I thought it was chilly enough in the sea at 20c in Fuerteventura back in June! 

ay, he has the build, I would be chilly at 121 lbs

Posted

LOL I'm 195lbs.. Brrrrr  :cold:

Posted

13C isn't cold - this is cold  :D  :

post-22254-0-94327100-1443987985_thumb.j

My avatar was taken in the River Nene at Islip, 13th December '10, air temp -15C, water temp a measured 0C and that slab of ice is 1" thick.

post-22254-0-86099400-1443988461_thumb.j

post-22254-0-44591700-1443988530_thumb.j

I still despise the British winter.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 3

Posted

Flamin heck Pete!!! That's crackers!! Lol...But whatever floats your boat! :)

• Like 2

Posted

Christ you're mad Pete !!!! :).

Flamin heck Pete!!! That's crackers!! Lol...But whatever floats your boat! :)

It's down to physiological adaptation, in my case it took me two years to train in order to be able to do that. I must admit I like the "shock and awe" factor.

Want know how to do it?

https://wildswimmerpete.wordpress.com/2014/10/27/cold-acclimatsation-training/

You can download the PDF

Hopefully I can bring my blog up to date, but the winter swimming help me overcome several years' bad health, confirmed by those treating me.

• Like 2

Posted

Still not for me, 121 lbs probably collapse

Most if not all male bare-skin winter swimmers are built like brick outhouses - it's all that blubb.........err.......insulation. :D

I currently weigh 109kilos

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 1