Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

followed by a nice warm,dry spring and hot summer please ..

I'll take a 1976 summer please although a 1995 would do nicely if offered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

What a fantastic spell of weather!! Bit chilly in the mornings with some mist and heavy dew on the grass but by the afternoon it's pleasantly warm with clear sunny skies. Why can't this last for another month!!  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

it's been a fantastic day today - some scattered fair weather cumulus and a maxima of 19C. This week is turning out to be one of the nicest weeks for some time. :)

My bedroom was stifling too, since it had the sun on it all day. :)

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

I'll take a 1976 summer please although a 1995 would do nicely if offered.

Summer1959 was also a scorcher, and long.  After that the '60s saw a couple of bad summers: 1962 and '63, the rest were pretty meh.

Today another nice day that should've happened in July. Dawned clear, with some Cu infill developing that dissipated somewhat during the afternoon, so no cloudless day yet.  Quite breezy, I'd say F2-3. I was able to catch some rays bare-chested in the back garden when I got home from cardiac rehab. Currently clear with visibility >10 miles.  Overnight min: 7.9C, max:21.3C*, current 11.3C.  Pressure 1031mb steady which is a drop from yesterday.

*Sensor sheltered but not screened, I live in a small UHI

Posted

Cracking start to October!! Quite a heavy dew again this morning with a low of 7c but warming up nicely now, 15.4c. Not a cloud to be seen! 

Posted

A beautiful day today. Pretty much cloudless skies and temperatures quickly responding. It's 18°C already.

Posted

1st of October not a cloud to be seen and it's hit 20c.... Absolutely perfect day! Had a wander round Keswick and Derwentwater, it was stunning. 

post-9615-0-23767900-1443712148_thumb.jppost-9615-0-23276800-1443712155_thumb.jppost-9615-0-49703200-1443712161_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

At least you were working outside?? Been a cracker hasn't it... :D 

• Like 1

Posted

it has ,wouldn't been so good on a wet day !!! :).

Shame it's got to come to an end pretty soon!! Back to normal Autumn weather by next week looking highly likely.. :(

Posted

it's looking stormy next week !!

Haven't seen anything that looks particularly stormy just yet but certainly some wet and windy periods by the look of some of the model output... Be a bit of a shock after this last week!!!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

If it can just manage to stop dry and settled for another week then it'll suit me fine.

Do what it wants then while I'm away on holiday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A cooler day today than the others during this week, with a max temp of 16.8°C. Sunny though.

Another cold night last night with a minimum of 7.5°C, the 5th consecutive night in single figures.

Posted

A magnificent start to October:

Posted

Cracking spell of weather and first frost of the season this morning, led into a stunning day. Can always rely on September to deliver the goods. Last day of 'summer' tomorrow? Make the most of it!

Posted

Two superb days on the trot preety much wall to wall sunshine, and no wind with maxes touching 17 degrees under a still preety warm sunshine.. oh why can't we see days like these in July and August, indeed the current spell is more associated with late spring, May this year though was very disappointing. Indeed September as a whole has made up for a rather poor May-Aug period.

Anyone spending a holiday in the Lake District has struck very lucky indeed.

Tonight looks a cold one, with a ground frost very likely.

Tomorrow promises to be another sparkling day but not quite as clear as yesterday and today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Trying to figure out why temperatures were suppressed this afternoon here compared to other parts of the region. Strange as there seems to have been an offshore wind and it was sunny. Perhaps a sea-breeze developed as the offshore wind was too light. Getting cold quickly tonight though, already 9°C. Perhaps I will beat this autumn's record of 6.8°.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I bought my convertible a bit late in the year but to be honest the weather has been totally wonderful

had the roof off every day!! I'm made up!! Glorious weather. Although I think it will all come to an end soon, winter and cold,

but who cares, life is grand, head hunted and new car, one happy bunny

Edited by Jan
  • Like 2