Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 20th August 2015 onwards

Supacell

Posted

Skies darkening here, breeze picking up. Feels like something is brewing.

yep its called a band of rain, unlikely more than that

• Like 1

yep its called a band of rain, unlikely more than that

Well a few heavy showers have developed west of here so convective activity brewing nearby. No thunder but shows that energy is there. Don't like the condescending tone of your post, BTW.

Posted

Well a few heavy showers have developed west of here so convective activity brewing nearby. No thunder but shows that energy is there. Don't like the condescending tone of your post, BTW.

sorry about that, done in a hurry but not meant that way. The risk of a storm, compared to this time yesterday is very slight in my view. Of course I could be wrong but I have looked at the relevant skew-t diagrams and checked the latest radar. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Some fresh storms breaking out ahead of the front to the north west of here. Not all over yet folks.

• Like 1

sorry about that, done in a hurry but not meant that way. The risk of a storm, compared to this time yesterday is very slight in my view. Of course I could be wrong but I have looked at the relevant skew-t diagrams and checked the latest radar.

No problem John. I appreciate its more straw clutching today and up here at least we're looking at the odd flash and rumble at best. Something more potent further NW though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Had some lovely towering cumulus clouds earlier. They eventually got taller and a cumulonimbus cloud formed to my WSW. It turned very muggy and now it has been raining heavily since here. Still no thunder but a good convective day here that's for certain!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

I thought it was quite funny and of course you then did the commentators curse and caused a few lightning outbreaks. :) Keep it going John

Cell going up near here but probably too far north of us to bring me any joy but if it keeps back building se you never know.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

I wonder if the showers could keep their oomph when they get up here? Although going by experience from last night I wouldn't count on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

Very impressive towering cumulus at the moment and very dark in the distance(towards Exeter way),no thunder or lightning I don't think though,still warming though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just as Nick F forecasted...some limited instability in front of the Cold Front....the forcing from the CF acting as a trigger for the slight instability resulting in a line of convection with an embedded storm to the north of Manchester

post-4149-0-92581300-1440342118_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Just missed me to the west of Chorley, light bit of rain and a distant rumble, wind has dropped significantly, just waiiting for the main band of rain to arrive.

Posted

thought i heard two distant rumbles when out in the garden thout it was a wheely bin lol , looking at the radar probably from that line north of here,  just overcast and breezy, does not feel thundery apart from the warmth

Posted

Damn everything to the north of us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just got soaked walking round wentworth park,had to dash quickly to the car,that was fun and refreshing lol

where the bloody hell did that come from.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Already fizzling out now its north of blackpool. The main band has weakened significantly too. Very light rain now in Eccleston.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looking like N England, especially NW is the place to be again today. It has not been a bad couple of days for storm lovers up there. Yorkshire has done very well too.

It is the turn of the south over the next couple of days from looking at forecasts and charts.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Will there be any exciting weather in the south today or was the forecast a bust for our area?

Not sure about our chances for this week either. Summer seems to be fading with a whimper :-(

Posted

moderate to heavy rain here no lightning rain now gone light. sky darkening.