Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 20th August 2015 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Not much to report other than light rain for a couple of hours. Slightly brighter grey now.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Thunderstorm approaching from the south/south east

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Some insanely intense rainfall here near Croydon atm, the likes I've not seen for a while outside chasing in USA, going to cause some flash flooding at this rate, roads turning into rivers!

Edited by Nick F

Posted

Hey guys I was just hoping for a bit of insight, been away all weekend at a festival and I actully caught a decent thunderstorm there, but I am interested in the developments on Saturday. So I have a few Q's, what warning level from estofex/netweather? Worst (best) effected areas? Comparable to other events this year or less widespread/severe? Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A line of thunderstorms developing in a line through Lincolnshire, especially around Grantham. They do not appear to be moving anywhere. It looks like a convergence zone setting up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

BOOOM!!!!!! Lights flickering :)

A line of thunderstorms developing in a line through Lincolnshire, especially around Grantham. They do not appear to be moving anywhere. It looks like a convergence zone setting up.

Edging slowly this way, but as you say very, very slow moving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Edging slowly this way, but as you say very, very slow moving.

I am not sure it is edging this way. If it is then it would appear that it is dying as it does whilst new storms break out over the areas that have just had them. Unfortunately I think it is going to be a very wet and thundery evening along that line with little movement west. I hope to be wrong, would like to see another storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Chucking it down now. Maybe some thunder.

I am not sure it is edging this way. If it is then it would appear that it is dying as it does whilst new storms break out over the areas that have just had them. Unfortunately I think it is going to be a very wet and thundery evening along that line with little movement west. I hope to be wrong, would like to see another storm.

Yes you're right. I played the radar a little more extensively. Some places are seeing a lot of rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hmmm, nowhere near as much rain as forecast, no thundery downpours either. Not the wettest day by any means ans nothing really more to come on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Some nice convection over the pennies when I left work today. This below was to the north of J26 and made me giggle cos I'm very immature.post-7351-0-10702600-1440437455_thumb.jp

Edited by bazookabob
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Some nice convection over the pennies when I left work today. This below was to the north of J26 and made me giggle cos I'm very immature.attachicon.gif20150824_170637.jpg

:D You're not the only one!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Reports of what looked like a Tornado in Kent today, can anybody confirm??

Was out in the van working today around Sevenoaks area. I saw a very thin funnel earlier this afternoon, it didn't last long and this certainly didn't reach the ground. 

It has definitely been an active day around here with spells of torrential rain and several crack of thunder throughout :)

I've found this on a possible tornado in herne bay: http://www.kentonline.co.uk/herne-bay/news/tornado-spotted-in-kent-42169/

Edited by <<Ryan>>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Some nice convection over the pennies when I left work today. This below was to the north of J26 and made me giggle cos I'm very immature.attachicon.gif20150824_170637.jpg

hahaha :rofl:  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Chucking it down again.