IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 20th August 2015 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Cloud fart here in Wendover!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Squall is becoming electrically active according to blitzortung. Looks very impressive on radar now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Indeed, currently the radar looks pretty lively in certain areas as hinted at in my post to the CSE & SW regional, copied below.

"It looks like quite a vicious squall passing through in the past few minutes over parts of East Hants and up into East Berks right now, will be interesting to hear of any reports especially nearer the coast."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

thunder heard here post-squall

Ah, good to know. I think that is what is also known as a cloud fart according to our resident forecaster in training, Nick L.  :D

Cloud fart here in Wendover!

???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Had around half an hour's worth of absolutely torrential rain here which has caused flash flooding! Multiple cars breaking down trying to go through flood water, people wading in bare foot to push them out and buses struggling to get through, mental! Sadly no thunder and lightning though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Squall is becoming electrically active according to blitzortung. Looks very impressive on radar now.

Yup! Just had a huge flash of lighting and very loud thunder here, plus tropical rainfall! Quite exciting now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow! That rain was mad! Lightning and thunder made me jump lol.

Posted

I'm in Sussex at the movement and I notice on the radar a potent squall line is coming this way it's absolutely saturated round here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Wasn't expecting any weather today and the opposite has happened, got lots of it, thunder and rain so heavy, it is cleaning the bird poo off my car, thank you weather, one less chore to do. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

There has been some mental floods down Lymington way. A foot of water in some places. Luckily it's reading off a lot now.

• Like 1

Posted

The biblical rain just keeps falling! Over an hour of it now, glad I live on a hill lol...

Posted

2 feet of water in the estate where I work now it's getting dangerously close to the door  :help:

Notice how dark it is to wow!

Wow, it's mad isn't it?! Just keeps coming and getting very dark again. No lightning anymore though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Bizarre, nothing particularly heavy in Twickenham yet and in fact it has temporarily stopped.