Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 20th August 2015 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

diddly squat here, despite the forecasts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well that was an anticlimax for us SW Londoners. It's like it hit a brick wall and was sapped of energy! Squall lines are normally fairly predictable in their movement. This one is just bizarre!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well that was an anticlimax for us SW Londoners. It's like it hit a brick wall and was sapped of energy! Squall lines are normally fairly predictable in their movement. This one is just bizarre!

Just a few miles west of you and I've been sat under this narrow squall line for 2 hours now! Crazy amounts of rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just a few miles west of you and I've been sat under this narrow squall line for 2 hours now! Crazy amounts of rain.

I know I know! Coming down a bit harder now but not sure we will see anything close to what you have had - or indeed north London (among other places)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Give it a chance, there appears to be interesting stuff forming behind the crud. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Just had at look at the recent radar seems some are getting a right hammering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

My word, that squall line has erupted big time entering the Netherlands and Belgium :O

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

My word, that squall line has erupted big time entering the Netherlands and Belgium :O

As some would say, naturlich!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a glancing blow from a plume Sat night which GFS is currently advertising :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

As some would say, naturlich!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a glancing blow from a plume Sat night which GFS is currently advertising :D

Quite a shift East on the latest GFS. We don't want anymore of those, one more could see us out of the game entirely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a shift East on the latest GFS. We don't want anymore of those, one more could see us out of the game entirely.

I think we all know where this is heading.....east! Yet again more eastward shifts of anything remotely interesting (heat & storms) with the Atlantic not letting up. So boring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Indeed, does seem to be creeping that way.

I'm going to be down the coast over the weekend so might get lucky if there's a clipper.

Models do seem to be struggling with the setup for the weekend so wouldn't completely rule out a reversion to a more favourable setup

Hi ya, does anyone have any video of the rain storm you had please?

I got 1.8GB of stuff from it yesterday on my phone so I am uploading to google drive now and will make a vid shortly :)

First few pics uploading now..

post-12648-0-87852900-1440663921_thumb.j

post-12648-0-59475200-1440663930_thumb.j

Here is the first tiny bit of the vids I got, I promise im not talking through all the other footage I got lol! Was exciting though.. 

Just thought I would add this is my usual view out of my office window where I filmed all the action.. 

post-12648-0-23508500-1440665756_thumb.j

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

I have to say some nice convection to my north however it doesn't ever look like it'll reach that thundery stage considering I'm not sure how much instability around, interesting to watch however!

Seems to have developed nicely out of nowhere!

But from my view certainly seems to be reaching a certain height and then collapsing again.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I have to say some nice convection to my north however it doesn't ever look like it'll reach that thundery stage considering I'm not sure how much instability around, interesting to watch however!

Seems to have developed nicely out of nowhere!

Sat in here in my office in Aztec West and can see a brilliant whale's mouth type cloud structure on that cell just to the north of Bristol. Some very dark echoes on the radar too. Bit early for thundery activity though I think - just shed loads of rain/hail.

Posted

Sat in here in my office in Aztec West and can see a brilliant whale's mouth type cloud structure on that cell just to the north of Bristol. Some very dark echoes on the radar too. Bit early for thundery activity though I think - just shed loads of rain/hail.

Yeah I was going to say, seems to be a fair few showers today, and sat at work so I don't have a view now, but nevertheless nice to see so early in the day!

Posted

Yeah I was going to say, seems to be a fair few showers today, and sat at work so I don't have a view now, but nevertheless nice to see so early in the day!

And within minutes of typing that, rain of tropical proportions making a right racket on the office roof lol. Car park is filling up nicely with water. One of those days where even the smallest cloud could blast out a massive downpour. Maybe scope for some thunder later.

Posted

I'm surprised by the lack of "thundery" potential forecasts for England today, not even a 15% area from Estofex, nothing, a primarily non severe day it seems but we've already had sferics nr Swindon and across East Anglia hmm, won't be surprised at a few thundery showers popping up anywhere.

Posted

I can see another massive cb moving NEwards to the northwest of Bristol from my office. Lovely clear structure now that surrounding low cloud has shoved off. These sorts of days have been quite rare this summer.

• Like 1