Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2015/16

reef

Posted

Looks like roger j smith going for very cold and blocked pattern end jan through to feb for snow central and southern england maybe indicating a easterly but mild first half to winter in the seasonal thread if you guys wanna have read very interesting indeed hes been preety spot on for his predictions.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like roger j smith going for very cold and blocked pattern end jan through to feb for snow central and southern england maybe indicating a easterly but mild first half to winter in the seasonal thread if you guys wanna have read very interesting indeed hes been preety spot on for his predictions.

Link?

Posted

http://www.weatherbell.com/

Have a listen to today's video blog on the right hand side of the page - a good explanation of why winter conditions under one el nino may be quite different to conditions under another.  Some major differences in SSTs between 1997/98 and now - which should mean a quite different winter time synoptic pattern across the US and Atlantic.

Edited by beng
  • Like 3

Posted

Link?

saying please might help you be given that link mate!

• Like 5

Posted

Well, he got it without ;-)

I'll say please though ;-) A lot gets discussed about the UK and US, but in Eastern Europe not so much. Any thoughts for my little country? :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Oh dear

Another 4-W Winter expected for Europe: westerly/warm/wet/windy. Learn more: http://ow.ly/TzXU3 

Good for the daffs? :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Oh dear

Another 4-W Winter expected for Europe: westerly/warm/wet/windy. Learn more: http://ow.ly/TzXU3 

Nice that they've stated the chances to be colder than normal in the UK for December and January :)

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear

Looks good for the UK with a cold NW/N/NE airflow I would say for Dec/Jan, however if my fading memory serves me right is this the same site that chops and changes its LRF like a incontient pensioner changes his pads? Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks good for the UK with a cold NW/N/NE airflow I would say for Dec/Jan, however if my fading memory serves me right is this the same site that chops and changes its LRF like a incontient pensioner changes his pads?

Unfortunately given the rest of Europe is near or above normal then I suspect the dominant wind direction will be westerly with cool Atlantic SSTs giving cooler conditions in locations exposed the westerlies, in this case the UK and western France.

Personally at the moment I don't see the pattern being so westerly dominated, but at this time I don't see a coldies winter wonderland either.

Posted

Unfortunately given the rest of Europe is near or above normal then I suspect the dominant wind direction will be westerly with cool Atlantic SSTs giving cooler conditions in locations exposed the westerlies, in this case the UK and western France.

Personally at the moment I don't see the pattern being so westerly dominated, but at this time I don't see a coldies winter wonderland either.

I think it would suggest an unusual sort of mid Atlantic ridge which at times would migrate Northwards enough to pull in winds from the above direction. Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Couple of months ago, the same chap thought the atmosphere was primed for northern blocking:

http://www.wsi.com/blog/traders-things-that-make-you-go-hmmmm-regarding-the-upcoming-winter

:unsure2:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny weather regardless of the season, thunder storms, frost, snow

Couple of months ago, the same chap thought the atmosphere was primed for northern blocking:

http://www.wsi.com/blog/traders-things-that-make-you-go-hmmmm-regarding-the-upcoming-winter

He is almost as bad as the express.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny weather regardless of the season, thunder storms, frost, snow

Just watching BBC weather with Matt Taylor and he has just said into the weekend there are signs of something MUCH COLDER

:good:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just watching BBC weather with Matt Taylor and he has just said into the weekend there are signs of something MUCH COLDER

For the rest of Autumn and throughout WINTER  ...... :D:cold::yahoo:  :crazy::cold::laugh:

• Like 9

Posted

Or it might not.

I was kindly given the link around one minute after requesting it.

Thank you kindly for the good manners reminder.

• Like 1

Posted

Always good to keep an open mind and update tho'.

Good for the daffs? :D

Indeed ; second crop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Always good to keep an open mind and update tho'.

Absolutely, and in fact his forecast is still colder than my own somewhat pessimistic outlook. Moreover, his prediction is in agreement with the most recent JAMSTEC and GloSea output.

Of course, I'm hoping for a daff-destroying blockbuster. :cold:

• Like 4