Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Still on a knife edge i am right on the dividing line so it could be anything here but we do have decent asl here. But cant complain if we dont get any last night was brutal with a ground and air frost. And previous two nights were very snowy. So gd luck to everyone especially those who have seen nothing so far.:snowman-emoji: How do i get rid of the snow man lol it wont let me delete it. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

dew point is too high here currently.

Its dropping though the later it gets here the better and there are reports of snow in th NW already even at low altitude.:snowman-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

it seems to be rising here, but maybe it will drop later. dew point 1.3 now and was 1 about 15 mins ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Temp has fallen here to 2.7 °C, but the radar looks as though nothing significant will reach me. Derbys/Notts/Leics might do quite well later if it's cold enough, though. Fingers crossed for you N/E folks!

• Like 1

Posted

Well we've now got mostly sleet forecast. Can't say I'm surprised. Always the way. Hopefully we will be pleasantly shocked, never mind...

Edited by Adzyy

Posted

Met have changed to rain, sleet and snow mix ppn looks alot lighter than forecast also think this is a bust for me but the peak district could get 10cm out of this.:snowman-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Right, I've had enough. Now continuous light rain, occasionally verging on moderate. Can't see this "cold spell" being anything but a 0/10 disaster, so I'm off to have a moan in the moaning thread, then I'll be taking a short break from weather forums. I'll be back when I feel a bit less grumpy!

All the best to you guys, and it would be great if some got some snow tonight. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Temps have looked cooler all day in NW, must be lower uppers there.

Posted

2c here and rain was a tiny bit sleepy in heavier bursts but just cold rain. Cudnt have to get much colder to snow surely. Would the nite time help u think?? 

Posted

Real knife edge stuff

could be good later this evening, I'm sure im East side of west mids lol:) @500ft asl also 

so all to play for , Alton towers seem sweet spot heavy snow fro 17.00 also hednesford heavy snow from 20.00 that's only 3 miles due north of here .... Exciting weather times .....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nothing here yet... very cold tho and clouding over... ive probably just wrecked it by going to the cellar and getting the kids snow boots out of storage...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

These north-westerly cold spells always seem to fail to impress when it comes to bringing snow. The easterlies always seem to bring the snow here, while the northerlies/north-westerlies rarely bring any decent snowfall.

Anyway, the forecast from the Met Office is only rain here, so I'm certainly not looking forward to tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well I keep seeing the odd flake dropping from the sky so I'm pretty hopeful of it been decent here if it gets heavy enough 

Posted
6 minutes ago, nobble said:

Real knife edge stuff

could be good later this evening, I'm sure im East side of west mids lol:) @500ft asl also 

so all to play for , Alton towers seem sweet spot heavy snow fro 17.00 also hednesford heavy snow from 20.00 that's only 3 miles due north of here .... Exciting weather times .....

Yh this could go either way what worries me at present is the ppn looks to be fragmenting and weakening let's hope it peps up a bit because anything light will be rain. Met have changed forecast for here about 10 times now today lol. Just shows how close it is from rain to snow. Also real chance of freezing rain in places could be interesting.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

It's snowing up in Lancashire further west than here and lower down. WTF????

3C now, still light rain. 

Do you not look at obs?

NW has temps generally around 2C and dewpoints at 0C or below, whereas many parts of W Mids have temps at 3-4C, with dewpoints around 1C in some parts.  Add to that WBPTs of around 3C and 850s creeping up toward 0C this evening and overnight, it's as marginal for lower level parts of the W Mids as it can get.  

Posted

I am really surprised how far east the band has gone!!somewhere around the central midlands could get some good snowfall from it!!at the moment derbyshire looks a good bet!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

now full cloud cover but very odd looking cloud.... really bright.. feeling colder than it has at any point in the day so far.... i hear its Snowing in Manchester currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Ugh, It's just a damp squib here, drizzly rain...  :angry: