Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.
1 minute ago, SnowTornado said:

just need to move the shard from london to birmingham and put a garden at the top 

Yes with a slope and lift to go with it......!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not sure what to think here in Derby. Some models have me east of anything and so a dry night would be the outcome, others have snow but then others have it remaining as sleet down here with snow on higher ground. We will all know by this tomorrow who, if anyone, got the snow. My pick would be the Staffordshire hills as the best place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Not sure what to think here in Derby. Some models have me east of anything and so a dry night would be the outcome, others have snow but then others have it remaining as sleet down here with snow on higher ground. We will all know by this tomorrow who, if anyone, got the snow. My pick would be the Staffordshire hills as the best place.

snow for Derby, dumping Buxton, Staffs hills snow yes, but low levels Staffordshire missing out, too far west, looks great for most away from Staffs and Shrops

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Looking in the Wales thread, it's raining in Wrexham. Not sure what altitude that's at, though. Mind you, I'm still a bit irritated at not getting the bright, sunny day I'd been looking forward to!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Im looking forward to this tonight.... i got that funny feeling in my tummy... Mrs Bigsnow just ask why im so happy today...  i really do hope this comes off big style and that many more of us get in on it... not been so excited since March 2013 i remember that front was meant to come thru and it didnt it stalled out over us and gave a 3 day dumping... not expecting anything like that but im thinking some of you guys and girls that are down beat about chances will get a nice little boost.... all the best to everybody... Also as much fun as this weather is for some remember the Old and frail folk that suffer at this time... go knock on a door make sure they are ok... stay safe stay warm and enjoy the ride...

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Im looking forward to this tonight.... i got that funny feeling in my tummy... Mrs Bigsnow just ask why im so happy today...  i really do hope this comes off big style and that many more of us get in on it... not been so excited since March 2013 i remember that front was meant to come thru and it didnt it stalled out over us and gave a 3 day dumping... not expecting anything like that but im thinking some of you guys and girls that are down beat about chances will get a nice little boost.... all the best to everybody... Also as much fun as this weather is for some remember the Old and frail folk that suffer at this time... go knock on a door make sure they are ok... stay safe stay warm and enjoy the ride...

Yes, you are in a good spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Looking in the Wales thread, it's raining in Wrexham. Not sure what altitude that's at, though. Mind you, I'm still a bit irritated at not getting the bright, sunny day I'd been looking forward to!

80m asl.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

system has loads of cirrus cloud ahead of it, not sunny here either and a complete thaw, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
6 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

80m asl.

Thanks. I'm a whole 10m higher here, so clearly I'm on for a dumping! :rofl: (Though as it's 3.3 °C and still rising...)

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

My phone shows snow, then rain, then snow. So not particularly exciting as snow will be washed away and then too wet for it to settle when it turns back...

Posted
4 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Thanks. I'm a whole 10m higher here, so clearly I'm on for a dumping! :rofl: (Though as it's 3.3 °C and still rising...)

0.3C here, max so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Afternoon folks.. back for the first time this year :)

Hows the snow looking for tonight ? had a quick read through the past few pages. Some say it's an east mids event and others a west mids event, so not really sure what to expect.. hope it turns out well for all though, that would be preferable! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

It is raining, right now, here in Bewdley. 3.6 °C and rising slowly. Back to the cricket for me, I think. Would love to see some Midlanders get some snow, though.

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Just been on Met Office app and now showing rain for my locale this evening, turning to snow much later. Not a good sign.

Posted
Just now, Gustywind said:

Just been on Met Office app and now showing rain for my locale this evening, turning to snow much later. Not a good sign.

showed rain for me all day, although was a sleet symbol for 9pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Dont give up hope Brummies..

North west thread is reporting snow between Manchester and Liverpool, though nothing further North!

MIA:D.

• Like 1

Posted

Leicestershire now the sweet spot according to the Met App, heavy snow for Ashby de la Zouch for example. Nothing for west Mids or Warwickshire of note.

Posted

Hi everyone, just popping in to say good luck to you all this evening, looking good for the midlands, especially so around brum and the very close North and East. Unfortunately I'm in Leeds so it doesn't look like I'll be joining in the fun 

Posted

Best to expect nothing in the West Mids and hope for the best. It really is on a knife edge, though I'd say the odds have shifted in favour of the East Mids today so far. When your talking 20-30 miles though it could yet shift back west.

Posted

Still looking alright for tonight here according to the Met Office but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I just want some snow that lasts a day. Is that too hard to ask?