Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Just now, heccygabber said:

Sean batty on twitter says the west should see some snow tomorrow evening.

*should* being the operative word. A lot of uncertainty regarding this, GFS 18z has put it way to the west. General consensus at the moment is that much of western Scotland could see at least a few cm tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: gales & snow
4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

*should* being the operative word. A lot of uncertainty regarding this, GFS 18z has put it way to the west. General consensus at the moment is that much of western Scotland could see at least a few cm tomorrow.

I'll be happy with a few cm :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Thanks Nick, I hope you are right. I guess we just have to keep checking the radar tomorrow :)

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Surprisingly the temperature has been going up and down like a yoyo since the sun went down. Had a max of 3.8C and from that at half 3 until 7pm it seemed to go down by 0.6C then up by 0.3C until it got to -0.4C. Then it went back up to 0.9C by 8pm, which I think was due to the breeze picking up, and stayed about that for 45 minutes, then dropped to -0.9C by 10pm. But now its risen back up again to 0.0C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
18 minutes ago, Big Innes Madori said:

Aye Blitzy! and the added benefit fae the Ladies condition is that twa Fife men huv somewhere tae hang their jaikits!!

Big Innes

You're not wrong...........  This was the Christmas card I sent hubby!:D My way of telling him to turn the heating up!

F90CAE6412A65CAF46B27507847B_001.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Well the 5 day forecast on my phone has changed 3 times today....first thing it was dry for five days then snow on Saturday then rain on Sunday and now it's showing snow on Sat sun and Monday.... It's got the same clue as me.. None  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Reporting Scotland

2-5cm in western areas. Glasgow SSE to east of Dumfriesshire.

He also said early and further east than expected so central belt will get some i think.

moving in about 2/3 ish. 

Take it all with a pinch if salt, i think anywhere west of say Edinburgh (in that central third ie Perth and below and excluding the SE) could get some snow.

let's see what falls! 

But Ayrshire, Dumfries and Glasgow etc are fairly nailed on imo (if no drastic changes overnight)

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Lochgelly (Fife Weather) has us down for heavy snow tomorrow afternoon.   A lot of fluctuations today in the temps and dewpoints though.  Currently sitting at  -0.6c/-2.5c/NW.   Still going to be a window forecast for me i'm afraid.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
51 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Lochgelly (Fife Weather) has us down for heavy snow tomorrow afternoon.   A lot of fluctuations today in the temps and dewpoints though.  Currently sitting at  -0.6c/-2.5c/NW.   Still going to be a window forecast for me i'm afraid.

Still a good covering here from the snaw which fell on Wednesday night and followed by two ice days. Plan to get the nephew oot the morn with the wee quad bike and sledge for some fun in this icy snaw and if there is more snaw falling in the aftrenoon then fkn braw 

Big kid Innes

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I really hope the Euro4 is correct, it shows several hours of snow falling. I just hope it's heavy enough to produce a good few cm's of snow, Glasgow, Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway could do pretty well if it comes off.

All eyes on the satellite and radar later on!

16011618_1518.thumb.gif.58ecb4f3cf901af4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Some horror has stolen my snowflake again. Went to bed last night with Met O showing snow from early evening all the way through to Sun morning. Just checked again and now we just have cloud. Oh and the temps are higher than expected too. Sooooooo glad I didn't get the sledge out in anticipation.

• Like 2

Posted

There doesn't look to be much in the way of moisture in the front moving down (well across) the NW.

Posted

The last two nights have been my coldest of the winter so far with both getting down to -3.7c. The dewpoint is currently lower just now than yesterday at -5.0c which might be useful if the front reaches me later. I'm quite surprised at how far east the front is already.

Posted
8 minutes ago, moffatross said:

I think we may be looking at anoprop on the radar because there are no stations currently reporting ppn except for west coastal Norn Iron.

We'll soon find out as the radar shows the edge of the front moving close to me now. The BBC forecast there showed the snow graphic over me at 12 while yesterday it was from 6pm. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' snaw hunters! Dinnae bother comin' up here if you're lookin' for some o' the white stuff! Not a flake has fallen but maybe later on as it is beginning to cloud over now. And it's gey snell tae!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Not sure about overnight, but the temp here this morning was minus 7. Snow still deep and crisp and even. And even clean lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

The radar is maybe showing the moisture rather than actual hard stuff which might be an hour behind it. Either way the forecast timings have been stone age this last week. Currently -4.1 low of -5 not too shabby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

-5.2 here in thin cloud with -8.0 overnight...so impressive.....doubting the weather station till I went outside....ignoring radar today..if it reaches be a nice surprise if not we will go sledging with what we have on the ground on day 4 of the cold spell...better winter than last already and only halfway through January

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-2.7C here at just before 9am. Might, just might,  have been a flurry of snow overnight but if there was it really was only a few flakes among the frost. 

Looks prety calm and frosty out, with around 50/50 blue sky and thin high cloud.