Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Winter isn't over, the chance of snow hasn't diminished, neither has the chance of deep cold disappeared. It's a long time until spring, a lot can and will happen between now and then. And for those of you who say February's too late for snow, the days are getting longer, the Sun's getting higher in the sky etc, take a look at this site. Scroll through the list, note how many snowy Februarys there have been - not just a dusting but seriously snowy Februarys.

http://www.neforum2.co.uk/ferryhillweather/bonacina.html

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Winter isn't over, the chance of snow hasn't diminished, neither has the chance of deep cold disappeared. It's a long time until spring, a lot can and will happen between now and then. And for those of you who say February's too late for snow, the days are getting longer, the Sun's getting higher in the sky etc, take a look at this site. Scroll through the list, note how many snowy Februarys there have been - not just a dusting but seriously snowy Februarys.

Did you do the Ice Patio, and was it a success?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Lol at the huge outlier....fun to look at nonetheless ha!

gens-7-0-276.png

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Did you do the Ice Patio, and was it a success?

Sadly not. My fiendish plan was thwarted by a dead battery, my elderly Landrover decided it was far too cold to want to start. New one ordered, should snowmageddon happen I don't want to be confined to the village when there's steep sledging slopes and cosy pubs to get to.

Posted
36 minutes ago, jethro said:

ooh...I'm enjoying looking at this. Especially 2012/13. I'd love to see some snow, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Got those firmly fixed on summer :)

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

ooh...I'm enjoying looking at this. Especially 2012/13. I'd love to see some snow, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Got those firmly fixed on summer :)

If you like that site you'll love this one: http://booty.org.uk/booty.weather/climate/wxevents.htm

The booty site puts more meat on the bones, it's not restricted to just the time span of instrumental records but draws upon historical records, news reports etc. There's lots of info on the impact of severe weather, where and when, in much greater detail. For example you can read about the last frost fair held on the Thames in London in 1814, go back to the frost fairs in the 1690's, as well as all the details on hot sunny weather, droughts, pea soup fogs and much much more.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Currently 3.4C though it still feels chilly. RH 85%, pressure 1015 and steady

6.8°c here in Somerset was 8.5°c early but yesterday morning it was -8.9 / outbreaks of rain currently. 

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Took this pic 3 years ago today. Last time it went white here.

You can see St keverne in the background.

Wonder how much longer i have to wait to see this again?

774238_10151480452006833_1408717308_o.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, jethro said:

If you like that site you'll love this one: http://booty.org.uk/booty.weather/climate/wxevents.htm

The booty site puts more meat on the bones, it's not restricted to just the time span of instrumental records but draws upon historical records, news reports etc. There's lots of info on the impact of severe weather, where and when, in much greater detail. For example you can read about the last frost fair held on the Thames in London in 1814, go back to the frost fairs in the 1690's, as well as all the details on hot sunny weather, droughts, pea soup fogs and much much more.

Thanks for that.It'll keep me amused:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

The weather mood matches well my mood really. Phone update is that it has died. Rice and airing cupboards did not save the day. Diddums here has no insurance for it so 2 months into a 24 month contract its all gone a bit bartlett style. Worse thing is it has alot of my new born's photos on there. Down the phone shop tomorrow to see if anything can be retrieved. Be nice to see a decent pub run to lighten my mood!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

No posts on the mod thread in 30 mins!! It must be getting near the end of the run by now!! 

Can only assume it's not good news??!?

hope to be proven wrong 

Posted
24 minutes ago, festivalking said:

The weather mood matches well my mood really. Phone update is that it has died. Rice and airing cupboards did not save the day. Diddums here has no insurance for it so 2 months into a 24 month contract its all gone a bit bartlett style. Worse thing is it has alot of my new born's photos on there. Down the phone shop tomorrow to see if anything can be retrieved. Be nice to see a decent pub run to lighten my mood!

Sorry to hear that. Did you upload any of the pics to facebook or a cloud? Or are they lost?

Posted
21 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Those little bags of silicon that come with purses etc. Seriously if you have a few of them place in a container with the phone. Ive heard that the effect of drawing moisture from the phone is ten times more effective than rice etc. Ive heard that many a phone dropped in water has been revived by this method. Its worth a try. Good luck.

Posted
50 minutes ago, kent said:

Those little bags of silicon that come with purses etc. Seriously if you have a few of them place in a container with the phone. Ive heard that the effect of drawing moisture from the phone is ten times more effective than rice etc. Ive heard that many a phone dropped in water has been revived by this method. Its worth a try. Good luck.

They work brilliantly too, cheap to buy from loads of places on the web, you can also buy granular silica, take the back off and battery out then bury it in the stuff.

Posted
9 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

Sorry to hear that. Did you upload any of the pics to facebook or a cloud? Or are they lost?

Nope! The only good thing is I whatsapped a few photos to parents and siblings so can probably retrieve those ones.

9 hours ago, kent said:

Worth a punt however the phone i got is one of those you can't take the back off so I wonder if it will get any out. But as they say in for a penny in for a pound!

Thanks everyone for your help! :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Now pouring with rain, feeling warm at 8C and may as well be night-time it's so dark! Welcome back November 2015...

• Like 1

Posted

Down in Dartmouth for a couple of days and it's been lashing it down in last few hours. Should clear soon though.

Posted

Urghh... Got soaked this morning. Horrible. :mellow:

7 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Down in Dartmouth for a couple of days and it's been lashing it down in last few hours. Should clear soon though.

If it doesn't stop, get yourselves up the river to Dittisham and sit in the big window at the http://www.ferryboatinndittisham.pub/

There are worse places to spend a lunchtime.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

All mild on the models again this morning :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

One of my friends is living in West Virginia. They've been warned of 2-3foot of snow waaahhhhhh :sorry: