Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I thought that this rain system was the south's long awaited party.

i don't remember being asked if I wanted an invite to it and certainly aren't happy that it came knocking so soon.

just wish it would sod off and annoy someone else.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

6z=BANK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
24 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

6z=BANK

I'll have to hurry up, it shuts at 12 o'clock so what am I banking......two feet of snow, a raging blizzard or just something that downgrades to torrential rain at the last minute.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Horrible day, what's happend to thunderbolt these days ??

Quite possibly took his obsession for mild and rain a little bit to far.

and your right about a horrible day, started raining here about 8.30, not stopped since and still hammering it down.

• Like 1

Posted

Sounds like a squall line is passing through here at the moment, torrential rain and hail sounds deafening on the conservatory roof.

snow might have been in short supply this winter but narrow squalls certainly haven't.

Posted

A strange brightness and colour to the sky this morning.

i did a bit of research and apparently the brightness comes from an object called the sun and the the colour is actually blue and it is the colour what can be seen above the usual grey, called clouds.

quite happy what I've learned this morning and I do feel that I could get used to these rare conditions.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

A strange brightness and colour to the sky this morning.

i did a bit of research and apparently the brightness comes from an object called the sun and the the colour is actually blue and it is the colour what can be seen above the usual grey, called clouds.

quite happy what I've learned this morning and I do feel that I could get used to these rare conditions.

I saw the same thing, I even shouted to my husband that I could see the sun, but its gone now.

Posted
46 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

I saw the same thing, I even shouted to my husband that I could see the sun, but its gone now.

Yes didn't last long but special all the same.

that said we've almost reached noon without any rain and that's a rare event this winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Rain will come later, it won't let us down... Might even if we are lucky get a colder feel to the rain next week... Probably pushing the boat out to expect some wet slush, but you never know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Nice bright day today after all that rain yesterday !! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Bloody freezing and bitter out there today, windy and wet

Posted

Cold, windy and raining !! Back to the norm !!

Edited by Miamay

Posted

Driving over the tops this afternoon and it was 2c and you've guessed it, hammering it down with not even a hint of sleet on the windscreen.

there must be some serious warm air above us.

Posted

Another rather bleak weekend, despite some bursts of blue sky this morning making for a brighter feel to things, the cold wind tempered the general feel. Heavy rain set in during middle of the afternoon making for a quick descent into dusk..

Yesterday turned out better than expected, we had light rain/drizzle until darkness then moderate rain, then it cleared.

Snowline is roughly about 600 metres, but set to drop over the coming days, fingers crossed it will drop down to low levels by the end of the week. Decent snow conditions over the fells but pity we don't have a settled spell on the cards. Easterly winds come Friday making for very bitter conditions.

Posted

Slider lows don't do it for me, they tend to deliver more to the South West, that said if we stayed on the colder side of things and got some decent crispy, frosty weather, I won't be too bothered about missing the white stuff - but if it engages bitter easterly winds it will take the edge off any joy of being outdoors.

The BBC forecast for the week ahead played it cautiously though, and make it out be more of a shabby weak low that won't drag too much cold air into the mix.

We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Thinking about snow  chances for the general Liverpool area esp coasts: Anything tomorrow night I think is a bust as the wind will still be on-shore. Later in the week however when the wind begins to acquire an easterly component, that is a totally different ballgame. Also slider lows are usually brilliant for this area. E.g. 18/01/13. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

Thinking about snow  chances for the general Liverpool area esp coasts: Anything tomorrow night I think is a bust as the wind will still be on-shore. Later in the week however when the wind begins to acquire an easterly component, that is a totally different ballgame. Also slider lows are usually brilliant for this area. E.g. 18/01/13. 

These Slider lows wont effect the Region according to the GFS,thats not to say the track wont change

But Current modelling has the lows stalling in the Midllands,also to add to this if this morning ECM

Verified then most places would be wet and not White,still along way to go and things can change.

But for now the kids sledge can remain in its bubble wrap.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain !!! Very windy out too. 

Edited by Miamay