Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
16 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Cool  and sunny day

best day for a while although feeling cold out of the sun

at least it has been dry and hopefully is setting a trend for the coming days and weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
7 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Aye ,looking like a change in fortunes at last .

Role on lighter nights when you can do something outside in the evening.

just hope the weather starts to get back in sync with the seasons and we can finally see the back of our two year long autumn.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, iand61 said:
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Role on lighter nights when you can do something outside in the evening.

just hope the weather starts to get back in sync with the seasons and we can finally see the back of our two year long autumn 

Lol ,that is so true:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Never mind snow it's been like pulling teeth to get decent frosts this "Winter". Tonight another example with light showers & cloud still coming in off the Irish sea preventing the temperature dropping.

Posted

Expect trough features to appear in the cold northerly flow Sunday onwards, these won't be picked up by the models until very short notice. Before then lots of uncertainty where the front will position itself on Saturday, based on today's charts, Peak District looks a good bet for some decent snow, but much of the southern part of the region away from the coast could see some falling (not necessarily settling on low ground), chance snow threat could head northwards if the front positions itself more to the north but this would lower the chance of snow in southern parts, conversely it might not even make it into the region resulting in a cold raw cloudy but dry day.

Posted
3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Expect trough features to appear in the cold northerly flow Sunday onwards, these won't be picked up by the models until very short notice. Before then lots of uncertainty where the front will position itself on Saturday, based on today's charts, Peak District looks a good bet for some decent snow, but much of the southern part of the region away from the coast could see some falling (not necessarily settling on low ground), chance snow threat could head northwards if the front positions itself more to the north but this would lower the chance of snow in southern parts, conversely it might not even make it into the region resulting in a cold raw cloudy but dry day.

There will be plenty in the southern forums trying to drag it back if it threatens to head a bit further north.

personally I'm going for the cloudy dry day option for much of our region, myself included and after the rain over recent weeks I'll take it.

i'd prefer sunny and 21c though but maybe I'm asking a lot for February.

Posted

The pub run shows Saturday's low further south keeping most of our region in the dull, grey and cold category, but gives us a mid-week freeze up after that... The pub run will have a mighty hangover in the morning, unless it calls our bluff and proves to be correct.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Still 50/50 here.... Im 300m still will see... Oh well.....oh well will have two rentals on at 300m or above from april.......

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
48 minutes ago, iand61 said:

There will be plenty in the southern forums trying to drag it back if it threatens to head a bit further north.

personally I'm going for the cloudy dry day option for much of our region, myself included and after the rain over recent weeks I'll take it.

i'd prefer sunny and 21c though but maybe I'm asking a lot for February.

The fells are white down to 500 metres at least, so won't have to venture far to see the white stuff whatever happens. A good decent dry spell is what we are after 3 months of constant wet. Mid Feb onwards often produces a drying out theme. Cold frosty conditions very welcome. Great winter walking conditions, crisp and even snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Typical when i want a decent frost there is PPN around,light to

Moderate rain showers here with a temperature of 1c

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Just had a moderate shower alternating between rain and sleet, i actually get excited when i see sleet these days, its pathetic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

The fells are white down to 500 metres at least, so won't have to venture far to see the white stuff whatever happens. A good decent dry spell is what we are after 3 months of constant wet. Mid Feb onwards often produces a drying out theme. Cold frosty conditions very welcome. Great winter walking conditions, crisp and even snow.

Thanks for the info Damian

Setting off to Cumbria tomorrow afternoon and staying at wasdale head inn until sunday morning,at the moment,it is looking dry looking at the latest models,although i do not know how for NW this system is going to be by saturday,but i am not fussed,it will either be sunny and cold(well below freezing) or snowing and well below freezing,would like a sunny day either fri or sat for the assent up scafell pike and great gable on those two days for some good pics though.

hoping to see scenes like this when i get up there,this is a pic from near gable end looking at great gable in feb 2013

PICT0014.thumb.JPG.eaf77006c48fa975c56f1

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Another light frost this morning, just got down to 0c. Currently 1.4c with light winds and mainly clear skies. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Rain shower before, not even a hint of hail/sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Some parts of Scotland have had nearly 10cm of snow overnight & this morning! :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Sleet and hailstoning here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well it looks like we are heading into a cold spell,Saturday now looks dry for the region

apart from the far south of the region were light rain could still be an issue.

The colder uppers start flooding south on Monday,but Monday looking mainly dry,but cannot rule

out a rogue snow shower.

Wednesday into Thursday looks like a front tries to get in,bringing snow to the region,but at this

stage to early to put any detail on this,but could prove to be disruptive if verifies,in between all this

Sub Zero nights and some good sunny spells.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!
16 hours ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Just had a moderate shower alternating between rain and sleet, i actually get excited when i see sleet these days, its pathetic.

Lol same here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I think it is a good sign that the beeb weather tweeted that the disruptive snow is on the way for next week. Still could be wrong though.:)

It did downgraded it last time when they show easterly winds coming back last month by Tomasz Schafernaker. I wouldn't be too excited for the disruptive snow yet.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1