Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

If it's anything here on the coast  it's exciting. We are going to get battered by something,   That's for sure; thunder, hail, graupel, snow;  whatever, I like it all! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Now another warning for the west of the region for Thursday into Friday suggesting winds  veering Northerly and further snow! 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Now another warning for the west of the region for Thursday into Friday suggesting winds  veering Northerly and further snow! 

I'm thinking an Amber warning might be due..... 

Wednesday into Thursday shows the warning not getting to Manchester, the strength of the wind would suggest otherwise..... One to watch

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Liverpool snow run now up to 22 Thursday and Friday that is 99% certain for snow.

Don't know if that is accumalating snow our just snow falling all academic really

The distribution of the showers or troughs have yet to be established 

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

I appear to be right on the very edge of the warning area...according to the warnings likes of Bacup, Haslingden and Manchester ,Oldham areas miss out...can't see that being right...surely the strength of the wind will blow the snow showers further inland.

Posted

How very odd that the likes of liverpool is in the warning area. usually we're just west and don't meet the requirements for snow at all! Even so im pretty sure places like oldham are going to get more than we do.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

If it's anything here on the coast  it's exciting. We are going to get battered by something,   That's for sure; thunder, hail, graupel, snow;  whatever, I like it all! 

That is how I'm seeing it in my location, I'm not expecting lying snow here but falling snow would be nice and seeing some dramatic hail showers would be good too. Chances of thunder and lightning being embedded is quite high and Im looking forward to Thursday in particular.

So fun and games start around wednesday afternoon into the evening, some places could wake up on Thursday to a covering of snow I suspect and then making the most of day light hours seeing some dramatic skies and impressive PPN shafts. Not only that but gale force winds also to boot!

• Like 5

Posted

For those concerned about how far inland the showers will get take a look at todays radar.  The wind speed today is much lower than forecast for thurs and there are showers already pushing well to the east of the M6. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

For those concerned about how far inland the showers will get take a look at todays radar.  The wind speed today is much lower than forecast for thurs and there are showers already pushing well to the east of the M6. 

the issue for me and thee will be what flavor the prcip is...any thoughts?

Posted
13 minutes ago, chris78 said:

If it hits you head on rain,if you miss the PPN it will be snow,

Well that's how it works down here:nonono:

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, chris78 said:

I think strawberry with a hint of lemon, although mostly pineapple east of the M6. 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Really no idea.  As usual things will need to be better than perfect for us to get snow :).  We will get the showers as its almost a direct wly but tbh that is what makes me think it wont be cold enough. Best chance maybe if wind changes wnw. Fingers crossed for those pineapples.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
4 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Well the meto actually have us as best place to be, the coast, yes the coast! Nearly fell over when seeing the warning!

Sleet, snow, thunder, lightning, sun, wind! Excited.com

I hope it comes off !!! Trying not ti get excited though as we always miss out 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Not as confident anymore for imby, the flow is now slightly too northerly so i'll probably miss most of the showers, still looks good for the south of the region though

Posted
4 minutes ago, Miamay said:

I hope it comes off !!! Trying not ti get excited though as we always miss out 

We never used to miss out that much, I think we just been incredibly unlucky recently. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Latest 12z GFS as a doosra of a Cheshire gap snow streamer.

Oh hello like the sound of that

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I dunno what to think anymore! Models look good for most but they have been good before and even on the day but still been let down. Some will get snow just dunno if it will be west of m6 or not. Seems to be modified air temps off the irish sea with winds being so high IMO? I think it will be rain to snow event so might take a while to stick to any lower levels if any lol

But xcweather still has me for over 20cm!!!IMG_0035.PNG

• Like 1

Posted

2c rain/graupel/ice pellets mix atm.... hoping for some of the white stuff thu/fri/sat.... gem shows a cheshire streamer on latest update....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Lookin good for those in the west of the region as it stands.Could be a bit frustrating those of us in the east thou...

Yeah looking good for Merseyside & Cheshire... load of crap for us, prob just a pathetic dusting.

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Lookin good for those in the west of the region as it stands.Could be a bit frustrating those of us in the east thou...

It's going to be hard Impossible to get a direction we are all going to be happy with. Me being on the staffordshire border I need a more NW, any hint of WNW and we're screwed too! haha. Let's hope some feature pops up that makes us all happy. :D 

• Like 2