Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Interesting forecast today,6 53 this morning overnight rain giving way to dry conditions with sunny intervals,actual conditions steady drizzle and rain,low light levels and gloom,not ideal for gardening work,but completely wrong.Anyway,a  quick visit to TWO yesterday saw posts for the outlook for next April and May,thats almost worthy of a police officer,a doctor and a Sectioning Order.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A few outbreaks of rain or drizzle today, resulting in 3.2mm. Top temp of 13.2°C

Temp: 12.5°C - Hum: 95% - Dew: 11.7°C - Bar: 1018.25hPa - Wind: S ~ SW @ 8mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Nothing like the forecast....it started grotty, stayed grotty and drizzle prevailed on and off all day, how anyone can enjoy this weather is beyond me. Whatever happened to the freeze....it now only resides in the worlds of Madden and the Express, dream on, at least there is Christmas to look forward to, yeah

Posted
On 12/11/2016 at 20:07, khodds said:

I have I idea about what's going on in the MOD thread at the moment. I follow the thread but it's so damn confusing I've given up. Sounds like it's going be mild this week.. then cool and possibly frosty over Christmas.. uttering of a SSW and then not a SSW earlier today.. Tamara then comes in and may as well write her post in Swahili as it's most definitely not English.. I'm just going to look out the window from now on, damn sight easier!

Khodds, it's OK an easier explanation can be found here

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/742699/Snow-UK-weather-forecast-coldest-winter :oops:

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Bobd29 said:

Nothing like the forecast....it started grotty, stayed grotty and drizzle prevailed on and off all day, how anyone can enjoy this weather is beyond me. Whatever happened to the freeze....it now only resides in the worlds of Madden and the Express, dream on, at least there is Christmas to look forward to, yeah

Classic, classic, classic, I love this comment from Jamesie boy "“Colder conditions will be accompanied by potentially countrywide snow events particularly around the periods of the 12th to the 17th and the 21st to the 29th of December."

No hang on let me check my calendar. Yep it's the 13th, so I am right in the midst of the first cold snowy snap now, AND

It's raining and 12.3C. He was talking about UK and NOT Moscow wasn't he? 

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Bobd29 said:

I'm not sure that there ever was one. You can rest assured that the big freeze will always reside in heads of Rao and Madden; but that's simply because they're both self serving idiots.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Khodds, it's OK an easier explanation can be found here

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/742699/Snow-UK-weather-forecast-coldest-winter :oops:

Thanks Dorsetbred, I love The Express, it's my favourite newspaper   :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted

Half an hour pottering in the garden at 20.00 on 13th December , tidying up using light from the security light. Muggy enough to be perfectly comfortable in a t-shirt, seems utterly unfeasable doesn't it!!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Half an hour pottering in the garden at 20.00 on 13th December , tidying up using light from the security light. Muggy enough to be perfectly comfortable in a t-shirt, seems utterly unfeasable doesn't it!!

Similar to last December (2015). I went on a company Xmas do on a Thursday night (17th i think). Stood outside a club at midnight in just shirt and strides, and it was 15c!!

Posted

They've just started singing carols in the MOD thread. 

And judging by the tone of the posts in there, there is no chance of seasonal weather anytime soon. Fabulous.  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, khodds said:

They've just started singing carols in the MOD thread. 

And judging by the tone of the posts in there, there is no chance of seasonal weather anytime soon. Fabulous.  :nonono:

Sometimes I love the mod thread, but the ego's, oh my days. i can't handle it, and struggle not to take some to task, especially when they are rude. But I've come to learn that some posters have a hierarchy and are not punishable. Had I or anyone else spoke in certain ways, we'd have been banned! Yet they are treated like martyrs lol! 

As for cold weather, pfft, given up. Who said the 90's was dead. 

• Like 3

Posted

Not too sure what's happened to the cloud and slight rain for these parts but at the moment quite clear with some Ci and Ac. Temp 11C and a fresh breeze from the SSE

Edited by knocker

Posted
7 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Sometimes I love the mod thread, but the ego's, oh my days. i can't handle it, and struggle not to take some to task, especially when they are rude. But I've come to learn that some posters have a hierarchy and are not punishable. Had I or anyone else spoke in certain ways, we'd have been banned! Yet they are treated like martyrs lol! 

I need to stop killing myself by going in there.

on the plus side, it's nice to see Iceberg back posting this morning 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Plenty of sunshine today, but still very damp.

Temp: 12.7°C - Hum: 76% - Dew: 8.6°C - Bar: 1017.31hPa - Wind: SSE ~ SE @ 7mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Even if its damp etc. sunshine makes it so much more pleasant

Posted

Just found a brilliant app for like minded weather enthusiasts. It's called, ssec - realearth and it's free. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
17 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

I gave up a few days ago... nothing but distant pipe dreams I can just see this winter going down the toilet like the previous 4.

What I would give to see 2009 and 10 all over again with the buzz and excitement in this thread. :sorry:

Who knows maybe we can look forward to a back end loaded winter  :rolleyes::rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I gave up a few days ago... nothing but distant pipe dreams I can just see this winter going down the toilet like the previous 4.

What I would give to see 2009 and 10 all over again with the buzz and excitement in this thread. :sorry:

Who knows maybe we can look forward to a back end loaded winter  :rolleyes::rofl:

Not another 2013!! That's was absolutely soul destroying seeing the north of England get plastered in feet of snow!!  :cray:But it wouldn't surprise me!!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
9 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Not another 2013!! That's was absolutely soul destroying seeing the north of England get plastered in feet of snow!!  :cray:But it wouldn't surprise me!!

Yes the spring that brought us nothing but ice days and zero snow... might as well of been faux cold but at least that would have been better because we could have seen some visible frost instead of the dry cold air day after day.

I remember the saying that year too... get the cold air in place first then.... :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Some wary optimism in the MOD thread after the pub run. More runs needed. :) x

Has anybody here actually ever seen a White Christmas, by the way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 hour ago, katemart said:

Some wary optimism in the MOD thread after the pub run. More runs needed. :) x

Has anybody here actually ever seen a White Christmas, by the way?

Closest I've come is having partially melted snow on the ground on Christmas Day in 2010. 

• Like 2