Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
36 minutes ago, The PIT said:

A tropical 3 degrees here. Some showers popping up which will be rain here perhaps something wintry on the highest peaks in the peak district. If they push further north you may get lucky.

I will be surprised  if we get anything away from the peaks as you say it is 3c dew points above freezing.

All I can see is sleet and cold rain.

Posted

I'm curious how this feature will unfold tonight/early hours. Judging by the radar a band of showers is moving from WSW having a slight NE direction. Then there are some showers coming in from further NW where the flow is already Northwesterly. 

It doesn't help also that METO professionals are not bothered too much to provide a more accurate forecast. I still think that some places might end with 5-7cm by the morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
5 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

I'm curious how this feature will unfold tonight/early hours. Judging by the radar a band of showers is moving from WSW having a slight NE direction. Then there are some showers coming in from further NW where the flow is already Northwesterly. 

It doesn't help also that METO professionals are not bothered too much to provide a more accurate forecast. I still think that some places might end with 5-7cm by the morning. 

Looks like its a watching brief imo, if i could sit up all night!😁 METO seem clueless or edging their bets, see what the morning brings 🙏

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Had 2-3 snow events a few years back that meto never advertised. I even called them to say how poor their forecast was! It was deep too. Not seeing or feeling it tonight though. I think far north of england place to be. Sooo frustrating indeed!!

• Like 1

Posted

That area to the west looks to me to be moving away from us toward the north east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

I’m not feeling it tbh and the chance on weds has disappeared now too, good job I’m off skiing ⛷️ this weekend get to see some snow at least cause the Uk is 💩 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Good grief how low has the bar been set 🤣there really isn't anything of interest going forward only high pressure. Enjoy anyway 

• Like 1

Posted

Really heavy snow here!!

In the north pole, or on mamouth mountain hehe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

The pivot is starting to show now SW of Cumbria...

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

La météo en temps réel et prévisions météo pour la France, Observations météo, modèles numériques et logiciels météo (GFS, ECMWF, UKMO, GEM, AROME, ARPEGE, JMA)

temps and dewpoints cold enough.

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Températures en temps réel des stations de France et des pays limitrophes.
WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Points de rosée en temps réel des stations de France et des pays limitrophes.

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

The pivot is starting to show now SW of Cumbria...

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

La météo en temps réel et prévisions météo pour la France, Observations météo, modèles numériques et logiciels météo (GFS, ECMWF, UKMO, GEM, AROME, ARPEGE, JMA)

temps and dewpoints cold enough.

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Températures en temps réel des stations de France et des pays limitrophes.
WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Points de rosée en temps réel des stations de France et des pays limitrophes.

Meaning?? I am watching the radar loop. But could this be a south yrks event?? Hence why the meto didnt shift the warning area north??

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well no ice either thankfully. As expected no snow and it doesn't look like they'll be any in this cold snap.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

God grief the snow is miles away in Berwick on Tweed or something! Why in earth is the warning for so far south 😭 Once that band fizzles over Newcastle, its another bone dry cold spell of nothingness. This winter is not going well at all for us. Not sure what's happening in the southeast but they at least have something falling from the sky down there... again! 

• Like 1

Posted

I'm hoping the precipitation over Gretna and Carlisle survives to make it to our area. The band that just passed through hear produced nothing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Looks like the band of precip over northern England is now starting to lose intensity, so I doubt there will be much of it left by the time it reaches Yorkshire.  Northern parts of the Yorkshire Dales and NYM might get a few showers from the remnants but those of us further south will just see cloud.  
After that its looking largely dry and cold for the rest of the week with some sunshine, so better than last week but little in the way of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Was that TWO gritters just gone passed @Wold Topper??

Looks to me, just from the bedroom window there’s just a frost out there today. No real threat on the radar.  Anything north of us looks to be degrading before it would ever reach us. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, can't really see that band producing anything and it is forecast to break up as it moves SE.  Would need to maintain good intensity for any decent snow anyway as temps are marginal and it is now daytime.  Almost zero chance I would say. 

It seems so difficult to get any snow this winter. 

• Like 2

Posted

What a pathetic winter I really thought we was onto something special at first lol, East Yorkshire seems to have some sort of snow shield this year apart from two small flurries 😂😭😭

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.
Just now, Aiden2012 said:

What a pathetic winter I really thought we was onto something special at first lol, East Yorkshire seems to have some sort of snow shield this year apart from two small flurries 😂😭😭

Early days yet .. often get cold snaps / spells in February and early March over the last 10 years with some moderate to heavy snow showers .

This is Ol Blighty remember so we can't expect too much being an island.

Roll on the longer days I say .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
4 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

We did do well in December, had the snow & ice for a full 11 days, but then we are higher & closer to the coast.

3 minutes ago, matt brid said:

Early days yet .. often get cold snaps / spells in February and early March over the last 10 years with some moderate to heavy snow showers .

Could contain: Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Sunrise, Purple, Sunset, Vegetation, Advertisement, Night, Book    😄😄😄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Another bust lol. Not surprised in the slightest. The naff 'winter' continues.....

Posted
6 minutes ago, matt brid said:

Yeah tbh I love winter but I can’t wait for summer. I can finally come home at 5pm and sit in the garden and have a drink and take the dog on late walks and it still be light out haha 

Posted

Some graupel at the coast in the last half hour. Just too warm to settle properly here, cars and roofs slightly whitened, but ground is just wet

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
53 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Was that TWO gritters just gone passed @Wold Topper??

Looks to me, just from the bedroom window there’s just a frost out there today. No real threat on the radar.  Anything north of us looks to be degrading before it would ever reach us. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Car frozen over this morning but roads were fine on drive to work, standard winter morning!

• Like 2

Posted

That band is teasing us.  It is pasting Newcastle now.  Doesn't seem to be losing much intensity at the moment, but just know it will be break up as it hits the Yorkshire Dales.  Models support this too unfortunately. 

• Like 1