Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted

FWIW I don’t think Sunday looks like a shadow situation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s more of a problem (I think) when there’s a very keen SE’ly surface wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
3 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Yes I can't see it being that productive in the east of the region but then it may not even make it up as far north as our region .. we will see!

The one thing I don't miss about where I used to live. Always used to deflate me whenever the SE flow was forecast during a potential snow event. Scraping a dusting of snow when all around are buried. Mind you, the cold North Westerlies sure made up for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
24 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Just the pickup I needed after feeling crap all day.

Feel even worse this morning and half expecting my test result to come back positive but at least the mighty Clarets have put a bit of a spring back in my step.

Oh no, I've just noticed your post.

I truly hope you are ok mate, I'll be thinking of you.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
4 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

FWIW I don’t think Sunday looks like a shadow situation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s more of a problem (I think) when there’s a very keen SE’ly surface wind. 

I wonder if there still could be a shadow though? If the Welsh mountains eat all the moisture for example.. though that is more the feature losing energy but we will see... That would be the problem here if the flow was southwesterly .. we'd get nothing or very little.

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

5ºC here with some clear skies, but lots of looming cloud too...

For the first time both the Beeb & METO are forecasting snow for us here in Preston; will believe it when I see it

Posted
6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

The fax for Sat looks rather troughy (is that a word?) More organised bands of snow to swing across us all?

Sat.thumb.gif.eb9398844a17cfc8d7b89df73efb246a.gif

For what it's worth, I'm fully on board with the further use of 'troughy', excellent word.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Excellent! In the mean time a cup win against SW on Sunday will be nice.. as long as it doesn't get snowed off! (Not that it will with undersoil heating)

PS a small rain shower going through.. maybe there's a little streamer setting up 

Hear hear to that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
9 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Didn't realise you two where blues, brilliant I like you even more now! There seems to be quite a few on here.

Could be above them next week.

I'm only an armchair supporter, but have stuck with them since the 1980s.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

The one thing I don't miss about where I used to live. Always used to deflate me whenever the SE flow was forecast during a potential snow event. Scraping a dusting of snow when all around are buried. Mind you, the cold North Westerlies sure made up for it.

The chart above certainly seems to point at that scenario.. northwesterlies thereafter.. and presumably a good load of shower activity

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hear hear to that!

Paul, the site owner is a blue as well as far as I recall

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Be careful you lot or I will run away. ⚽

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I'm only an armchair supporter, but have stuck with them since the 1980s.

Season ticket holder since 95 in the Lower Bullens, don't half miss it especially as it's the only time I get to spend with my Dad. I just hope this nightmare for the country & the world can be at least brought under control this year. Will the vaccines truly work in the long run? I hope so.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Be careful you lot or I will run away. ⚽

Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Regarding snow shadow expect there will be one at first but as wind backs north-east shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t think Welsh mountains will have any problem they don’t usually in this cyclonic loop scenario.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
16 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Oh no, I've just noticed your post.

I truly hope you are ok mate, I'll be thinking of you.

Cheers mate.

TBH I was told to book the test by the doctor to rule out Coronavirus before they will investigate something else but I have felt out of sorts for a couple of days so glad I did go for it really.

good you see you are on the mend again now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Will be shocked if i see more than 0.5cm of snow this weekend but we are seriously overdue a decent snow fall so hopefully get lucky with that stuff moving further north on Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Cheers mate.

TBH I was told to book the test by the doctor to rule out Coronavirus before they will investigate something else but I have felt out of sorts for a couple of days so glad I did go for it really.

good you see you are on the mend again now

Thanks mate, I'm still not back to full health yet and still off work. Get yourself one of those Oximeters they are a big help, mine touched 94/95 for a couple of days so really helped the COVID nurse when I spoke to her over the phone. They are obviously a life saver.

Fingers crossed for you.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I’m a Stockport fan and yesterday we sacked a club legend as manager in a non results based decision but they won’t say why. We are sat 4th with games in hand and not lost in the league for a month.  Not impressed

Then as well yesterday Glastonbury was cancelled which I attempt to go to every year. (It’s not easy to get tickets)

That jaffa cakesed me off, and then on top of all that the winter wonderland had disappeared when I woke up in the morning.

It was #bluethursday for me

• Like 2

Posted

Eyes on this next week too, not sure it would just blast through as quick as it's showing at present. Plenty to keep us on our toes next few days that's for sure.

a.thumb.png.6762ab671d5ae30cbbeec8d916c041f5.png

Posted
26 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Will be shocked if i see more than 0.5cm of snow this weekend but we are seriously overdue a decent snow fall so hopefully get lucky with that stuff moving further north on Sunday.

I think Tuesday holds significant interest.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

May see some met office warnings appear for tomorrow and Sunday, most likely yellow saying a mixture of rain, sleet and snow, and ice.

yeh typical setup.

I suspect a rash of hail/snow and ice for the Wirral.  Biggest risk is the ice forming after sunset.  So warning will be ice with 1-3cm covering in places

That LP for Sunday looks interesting, the actual centre of it pivots over NW england, but doesnt seem to have anything on it at the moment... but loaded with potential id say...

Posted

The met office forecasts change on a minute basis, I've just checked three times last 5 mins, was snow tomorrow morning now sunshine, sleet and snow showers suddenly appeared for today were not there 5 mins ago.

BBC forecast just as bad changes on hourly basis, maps show snow tomorrow, forecast sunshine.

Please do not use these  they are unreliable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
7 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

The met office forecasts change on a minute basis, I've just checked three times last 5 mins, was snow tomorrow morning now sunshine, sleet and snow showers suddenly appeared for today were not there 5 mins ago.

BBC forecast just as bad changes on hourly basis, maps show snow tomorrow, forecast sunshine.

Please do not use these  they are unreliable.

Same for here.. Has me dry all day Sunday now.