Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost
2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

There will be storms about but as ever they will be hit and miss. If we get anywhere near 40c will cause so many problems we simply ain’t used to that level of heat

Absolutely!!!

Ive just recovered from COVID a couple of weeks ago, I'm still feeling a tad shortness of breath 🙈.  A huge worry is I know a lot of friends around us who have COVID at the minute, I'm praying that they and the vulnerable will be ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
21 hours ago, seabreeze86 said:

Expecting Met office to issue a red warning for parts of our region for Tuesday if not I’m struggling to see why not 

6498DABE-D5D6-4BB2-B836-36E967E7AF23.png

I've been waiting for the usual downgrades, but those are exceptional temperatures! Heat like that should go hand in glove with an MCS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

Still looking like northern records could be well surpassed tomorrow. In the meantime it's just gone 11am and the temp is already 29c

Screenshot_20220718-110351.thumb.png.accf3f08e3905de79c83cac0e726670a.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looking at how some lively showers popped up in the south last night, I have a bit of hope we might get something potentially overnight tonight, maybe the odd brief pop up storm, there should be enough heat and maybe the early sunrise might help. Some models are breaking out some showers from around North Wales moving north east overnight. Something to keep an eye on. 

Other than that, the actual breakdown looks fairly quiet at the moment unless I'm missing something. Maybe a bit of potential overnight tomorrow night but it feels like clutching at straws at the moment. What I was originally hoping for was an MCS moving up the country overnight, but little sign of that.

Edit: Convective Weather have just put out a forecast highlighting the potential for a few isolated storms... "Perhaps the greatest risk (albeit still very low) is across Wales, the Midlands into northern England during the afternoon and evening hours."

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2022-07-18

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm
  • Like 3

Posted

Nearly 3 o clock and currently 34. I know these arnt very accurate and can probably take a degree or 2 off the actual temp but that would still be 31/32c for the north east which is just exceptional and to think tomorrow will be hotter 

Screenshot_20220718-144149.thumb.png.6b3d0161ba41cf333f012808f6cfdd2e.png

Posted

I'm at work in Durham keeping an eye on the nearby Durham Uni weather station, which is a proper setup with a Stephenson screen. Highest so far today has been 31.9c, just less than 1c short of the all time (since 1900) record. That's sure to be smashed tomorrow though. 

Someone who lives near me in Stanley has reached 31.0 on their station which always seems pretty reliable. Impressive for Stanley! 

Posted

34.8c in the corner of my garden which has been shaded from the sun all day. Thermometer accuracy is +/- 1°C.

20220718_154010.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Snow-mad-dave said:

Upto 34 now!!! Hopefully this will of peaked for today, fingers crossed!! 

Screenshot_20220718-165730.png

Durham University is still creeping up, 32.2c now after hovering around 31.7c for a while. 

Posted

We have a cool !! 31.2 at the moment which strangely is the highest I have had today, tomorrow is forecast higher but we are off to the lakes which s supposed to be a tad cooler than here.

Posted

Just the 31 degree's at the minute, some lovely clouds developing, the 2nd photo of the cloud in the distance is getting really high, praying it turns into a storm, we can wish 😁

PXL_20220718_191040478.MP.jpg

PXL_20220718_191119795.MP.jpg

Posted

Well same as yesterday so far. Just before 11 and it's 29c. Hit 34 yesterday with the temp rising right upto 4/5pm supposed to hit higher today

Screenshot_20220719-105032.thumb.png.10d336a086b71b275284b6664007442f.png

Posted

Hitting 34 now. Also shows 34 on the live data metoffice website so that would already be north east record gone with a few hours heating left 

Screenshot_20220719-121938.thumb.png.d7aee4facd1a3a3db31eed1925057135.png

• Like 1

Posted

35 in Middlesbrough at the minute Phil.  I've just been reading the local paper 60% chance of a storm after 6pm, I'll take that 👍

Screenshot_20220719-123054.png

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Snow-mad-dave said:

35 in Middlesbrough at the minute Phil.  I've just been reading the local paper 60% chance of a storm after 6pm, I'll take that 👍

Screenshot_20220719-123054.png

The risk is bigger towards Yorkshire and Lincolnshire I'd say but fingers crossed. I'm at work from 2pm like. Nice cool air-conditioned workplace 

• Like 1

Posted

Just had to pick my son up from school at 1pm, apparently it's too hot 😡 but that's for another day.

There's quite a strong breeze getting up, just feels even worse, a giant fan outside blowing really hot air around.

Screenshot_20220719-134639.png

Posted

Few weather stations in North Yorks, Teesside, Durham, Tyne and Wear, showing temps over 100F:

twitter.png
WWW.WEATHERLINK.COM

WeatherLink gives you real-time weather & air quality data from the largest network of sensors in the world.

Posted

37.3c here in Westmoor - its roasting