Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted

Well I dusted down the yearly cobwebs to log in to see us all ready for snowmageddon to see the mod thread having a meltdown, are we no longer due any cold and snow now?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
1 hour ago, NorthEastSnow said:

are we no longer due any cold and snow now?  

Depends which model you look at 🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Diagram, Atlas

I'm not holding much hope of anything until sunday morning at the earliest when we get a more easterly wind. Even though its a slack uninspiring wind. Certainly no BFTE here. This spell could well be one where we have to endure reports of all the snow hitting further south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
3 hours ago, Continental Climate said:

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Diagram, Atlas

I'm not holding much hope of anything until sunday morning at the earliest when we get a more easterly wind. Even though its a slack uninspiring wind. Certainly no BFTE here. This spell could well be one where we have to endure reports of all the snow hitting further south. 

Have you not seen the meto 10 day analysis? There saying mid next week 70% chance of easterly bringing snow showers into the east coast. 

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, P-M said:

Have you not seen the meto 10 day analysis? There saying mid next week 70% chance of easterly bringing snow showers into the east coast. 

That's fair enough, but I said I don't hold much chance until this Sunday when the wind veers more easterly. You are saying not for another week until an easterly. I'm saying before that and I posted a chart to highlight this. 

Edited by Continental Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Might be a few surprises in the morning if a few of those showers make it further south, some showers are expected overnight in the NE

Edited by Boro Snow
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Continental Climate said:

That's fair enough, but I said I don't hold much chance until this Sunday when the wind veers more easterly. You are saying not for another week until an easterly. I'm saying before that and I posted a chart to highlight this. 

I think you've mistook my post as I was only trying to inject some positivity.  Meaning it doesn't matter its a few days at the beginning of winter with loads to offer on the plate. I honestly wouldn't be concerned.  Let the south have the snow over the weekend Wednesday next week will be here soon enough.  Not sure if you think I was having a dig I genuinely wasn't. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cloud 10 said:

The line of showers to the north looks to be sneaking inland a bit.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Atlas, Map, Diagram, Snowman, Winter, Snow, Rainforest, Vegetation

Agree, worth watching, might get my 1st flakes of the winter fingers crossed if it drifts south

Edited by gazzac69
correction

Posted

Looks a fair chance a number of spots in the NE away from the coast could see there first snowfall of the season, may not be much, but certainly some snowflakes from the sky I imagine. Hard to pinpoint what may happen with the feature, it may track further east and protect more central parts, or it may be further west and most of the region sees something, it may simply fizzle and produce no more than a few flurries, or it may stay coherent and become slower moving to give an hour or two and a light cover. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, AdrianHull said:

Radar looking promising later on this morning 😁

It does.  I'm away to Edinburgh this morning so hoping to see a few flakes.  

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, P-M said:

I think you've mistook my post as I was only trying to inject some positivity.  Meaning it doesn't matter its a few days at the beginning of winter with loads to offer on the plate. I honestly wouldn't be concerned.  Let the south have the snow over the weekend Wednesday next week will be here soon enough.  Not sure if you think I was having a dig I genuinely wasn't. 

No mate everything is fine. Hopefully get a covering later on today. I'm not after snowmageddon just want an inch or two on the ground to look festive. If we can get that sooner rather than later it will probably stick around for a good while. Here's hoping. 

• Like 1

Posted

Very slightest dusting of snow this morning. Radar does look promising for later 

• Like 2

Posted

I’ve been lurking on the forum for a couple of weeks now keeping an eye on development with this cold spell, but am I missing something…it just looks like it’s going to be rather cold with snow opportunities for the minority and it doesn’t look particularly great for our region following the MOD threat today? 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Continental Climate said:

No mate everything is fine. Hopefully get a covering later on today. I'm not after snowmageddon just want an inch or two on the ground to look festive. If we can get that sooner rather than later it will probably stick around for a good while. Here's hoping. 

I agree it's frustrating like.  But give me a convective easterly over frontal snow any day of the week lol 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes we need that low to stay well south and move east to draw in the east/north east wind 

• Like 1

Posted

I can understand members impatience but now the cold is here it will not be long before the Christmas card scenes appear. As to a proper dumping that could be some time in the distance.

Posted

had a few flakes here over night, hoping we might see some more later today, quite a lot of showery activity to the north🤞

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Edited by gazzac69
  • Like 1

Posted

I've just looked at the radar and that band of showers seem to be getting weaker as it makes it's way south. Looks to be very weak by the time it hits the south of the region. Northumberland looks to be OK though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Some light showers developing ahead for the front.  Big flakes here.  A good sign.  Looks to be coming later than forecast....

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Rainforest, Vegetation, Plant, Tree, Outdoors

• Like 1