Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Is that the view from where you live? That's beautiful.

Mountain that was up by my friends house. An amazing morning here and looks to be plenty more snow on the way

• Like 1

Posted

Clear blue skies here. Not a cloud in sight. Beautiful day, but I'm well jealous looking at those pics. Enjoy it folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Finally the decent stuff has made it here ❄️❄️Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Ice, Plant

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

How long before an amber warning? That’s a lot of precipitation on its way and a lot of snow already on the ground!

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Text

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

How long before an amber warning? That’s a lot of precipitation on its way and a lot of snow already on the ground!

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Text

I don't think there will be am amber. The heavy stuff doesn't really look like getting to the populated South East, so any disruption will be minimal I think.

2 minutes ago, ronan said:

That's definitely alot of snow on the way in by 4 O'Clock

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Vegetation, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Land, Person

Heavy stuff confined to the North Coast. Fizzling out as it moves South East

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I don't think there will be am amber. The heavy stuff doesn't really look like getting to the populated South East, so any disruption will be minimal I think.

Heavy stuff confined to the North Coast. Fizzling out as it moves South East

Same everything fizzling out very light flurries so far and we normally do well in this type of setup all i can put it down to is the lack of wind🤷‍♂️.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

A good fre centimetres here this morning with showers on and off all day so far. Another one just starting, radar looking good for later too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

A good heavy shower earlier and another one happening now. Must be a good 2-2.5 inches out there now. 

I have to pick the wife up from work at 8 she works up untreated roads could be an interesting drive looking at the radar.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Weather, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

A good heavy shower earlier and another one happening now. Must be a good 2-2.5 inches out there now. 

I have to pick the wife up from work at 8 she works up untreated roads could be an interesting drive looking at the radar.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Weather, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

Amazing that this is only 40 or so miles away. A different world.

Posted

So, this is a screen grab from the Met Office webpage for Carryduff taken at 13.45. As you can see it shows a heavy snow symbol for between 2pm and 3pm. The reality is that nothing has fallen from the sky. Now, we know that these automated forecasts are useless but the majority of the population trust them and make decisions based on them. They are dire. I mean it shows an 80% chance of snow and not a flake!

Could contain: Text

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

So, this is a screen grab from the Met Office webpage for Carryduff taken at 13.45. As you can see it shows a heavy snow symbol for between 2pm and 3pm. The reality is that nothing has fallen from the sky. Now, we know that these automated forecasts are useless but the majority of the population trust them and make decisions based on them. They are dire. I mean it shows an 80% chance of snow and not a flake!

Could contain: Text

Massive blob surely this time then na just fizzles before it reaches 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Massive blob surely this time then na just fizzles before it reaches 

Yup, just cloud by the time it reaches me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

It seems like a there's a bit of a thaw happening out there now. The trees etc have a lot of water dripping off them.

Posted

Nice to see some folks getting a good covering. Not much round where I am but was up in Ballymoney earlier and it was snowing rightly and it made for beautiful scenery on the way back to Glengormley. There wasn't too much once I hit Antrim on the way back though, bit of a covering once I got back to Glengormley but that's all it was, very little depth to it.  

• Like 1