Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted

Despite the letdowns for our region apart from on the tops in Dartmoor and some spells through the Cotswolds, I think things are looking like becoming interesting. As always, there's caveats in place for the South West but I wouldn't write this winter off yet.

Edit: I know nobody is writing anything off, we're all well aware of what's going on in terms of SSW etc. and the uncertainty coupled with that, but I feel it in my bones that winter will have the last laugh, even here. It's been a mediocre starter, but at least it came on time. I'll have a cider while I wait for my main course, by the log fire.

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Having looked at the radar earlier and seeing what was happening oop North I thought I'd pop my head in the regional thread. Not sure I should have done that, I used to live in Harrogate, now wishing I still did. Jammy beggers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy again and although the temperature was slightly higher, it felt colder as there was a bit of a breeze. Reached 2.3°C, currently -0.7°C

Posted

Morning All, an overcast start bringing a temperature rise after an overnight low of -1.3°C at: 01:35, currently -0.1°C with RH95% and a light breeze in from the East, the frost will likely soon disappear..

Posted

No frost this morning. Misty over Clearbury Down, but there is blue sky above.

Bought burgers, etc at the butcher's yesterday for a winter bbq, in anticipation of a sunny day today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, grey and murky here this morning, not a glimmer of frost. The comedy flailing on the deck of me and the dogs after going out to the garden revealed it's actually sheet ice out there. Looks wet, not frozen, caught all of us out; ever seen a spaniel with all four legs splayed out trying to stop sliding? His face was a picture of WTF!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fogged up again. So warm at 0.0c. humidity 93% Rh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sub zero last night but warmed up again so no visible frost this morning. 

Just grey and boring again now. 1.5C

Posted
32 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Sub zero last night but warmed up again so no visible frost this morning. 

Just grey and boring again now. 1.5C

2.0c here with sunny spells

Posted

Dull and boring here. We struggle to get snow from m4 south yet Madrid in Spain is covered 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, camturbo said:

Dull and boring here. We struggle to get snow from m4 south yet Madrid in Spain is covered 

Yes but they are currently experiencing their heaviest snowfall in the best part of a century. If we got that we’d be getting our heaviest snowfall since... February 2019...

Our time will come. They’re essentially getting one of our channel low scenarios, just with the low hanging around a lot longer.

Posted

A warm 1.9°C at: 13:59, just taken down my outside Christmas lights, now to fix the busted ones! Its not so bad out there today, yes overcast, but a lack of wind it doesn't feel so cold as it has done over the past few days..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Almost identical to yesterday although I did briefly see the sun not that long ago. 2.1°C

Posted

Certainly not as advertised today. Only glimpses of blue sky.

Trimming and burning the Wisteria is an attempt to stay warm.

Still going to have a BBQ in a bit, might eat indoors. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Maximum 1.8c. Now 1.0c. Humidity 90 % Rh.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Still grey, murky and miserable here too.  No fog or frost this morning but no hint of brightness either.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that the forecast was for better this afternoon.

On the Spanish theme, my sister lives near Malaga and has texted to tell me that they've had one of the worst storms she can recall down there in nearly 40 years.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Still grey, murky and miserable here too.  No fog or frost this morning but no hint of brightness either.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that the forecast was for better this afternoon.

On the Spanish theme, my sister lives near Malaga and has texted to tell me that they've had one of the worst storms she can recall down there in nearly 40 years.

Yes Lyn-M re: Spain. My Mum spends a lot of time in Estepona. She's just sent me a video from her friends of the aftermath on the beach. Debris everywhere.

The Madrid snowfall looks awesome too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
6 hours ago, camturbo said:

Yeah it annoys me. Just like when it's 36°C in Siberia, and we are stuck under thick cloud and 19°C in summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

So much for today's forecast!

No sunshine and still overcast now. It was showing -4°C by midnight but now it's overcast until tomorrow morning. It's only just reached zero.

Posted

Only just below freezing here and hardly moving. -0.3°C

Posted

Minus two this morning. Fog rolled in for an hour or so but now pulled back a bit . No wind. hoping to get some sun through soon....

Posted

A high of 3.5c at 2:30pm yesterday, -0.7c at midnight
A low of -1.6c at 6:30am.
A wash of white cloud this morning, no frost.

Warming up slowly this morning, now 0c
Wind has moved from Northerly overnight 6-8mph to WNW now 1-2mph
Dewpoint fell to a low of -2.8c at 7am.
1027.2 hPa