Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of -1.8°C at: 04:07, a calm, serene morning with hardly any air movement around, mist patches and cloud cover, a kinda of a hmmm day weather wise...currently 0.9°C RH96% 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Afternoon, a low of -2.3°C at: 05:37...

Foggy currently but trying to brighten up. 1.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Stayed just below freezing for quite a while last night but eventually it dropped to -2.1°C. The overnight fog has only just cleared now and its started brightening up although still cloudy at the moment. 1.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Afternoon all,spanking new weather station set up....all good to go .

Cloudy 2.7C

Wind wsw 0.7m/s

Dew point 0.9C

Humidity 89%

Doesn't half feel nippy....not looked in the mad thread today....hopefully not too much wrist slitting going on....and plenty of ramping ❄☃️.

Posted

Another poor METO forecast. We had one patch of blue sky and a hint of watery Sunshine that vanished as quickly as it appeared.

More Wisteria trimming today in 4 layers, while listening to the footie. Got a pint now, but probably won't stick it out much longer. At least this weather keeps your beer cold, which saves trips out to the fridge.

Posted

Some warm sunshine this afternoon, enough to tease me out in to the garden and do more tidying up of the winter dead foliage, after peaking @ 4.4°C at: 15:03, it's marginally lower than that now, but real pleasant in the afternoon sunshine...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Sharing data or self contained?

Self contained until I get properly to grips with it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

mm of rain?

That's snow courtesy of a channel low. However, the GFS op run was an outlier in terms of MSLP, so that suggest to me that the channel low won't be anywhere near us.

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

That's snow courtesy of a channel low. However, the GFS op run was an outlier in terms of MSLP, so that suggest to me that the channel low won't be anywhere near us.

Getting a "perfect" channel low seems a real hard thing to come buy, to much north and we get the rain, too far south and we see northing, perfect placing PLUS the infusion of the colder air from the east is very much a precise art, one few and far between..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Warmer now than it was during the day, and than it's been for the last few days. 3.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

2.9°C was the high yesterday, just before midnight!

Temperature continues to rise now, 3.1°C... which is the highest temperature in 5 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Good morning all. I asked a question on the model output thread that got lost in the frenzy of posting going on there, so was wondering if anyone on here could help me out.

I was wondering what the OP and control runs were and whether they were somehow more powerful or reliable than the rest of the ensembles?

A very novice question I know but thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Posted

Temp on the rise slowly all day yesterday to a high at 23:30pm of 4.4c
Temp has continued is rise through the night.

Now 7.4c, 1020.8 hPa. cloudy.
Wind now from the WSW 8mph. 

Posted

Morning All, an overcast start to the day, considerably milder than of late, with the overnight low of 4.7°C at: 03:03, currently 6.6°C with RH91% with patchy light rain in the area..

Posted
44 minutes ago, John88B said:

Good morning all. I asked a question on the model output thread that got lost in the frenzy of posting going on there, so was wondering if anyone on here could help me out.

I was wondering what the OP and control runs were and whether they were somehow more powerful or reliable than the rest of the ensembles?

A very novice question I know but thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Very novice myself too - always (well some of the time) like to read the mod thread but have never got into trying to learn them properly.

However as far as I know, each ensemble member is fed slightly different (and therefore incorrect) starting data, which is why they then come out with widly varying solutions a lot of the time. Small changes can make a big difference!

Difference between the Operationals and Control runs though, must say I don’t actually know, I’m sure someone else will be able to tell us though.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sun is out for the first time in 4 days and it’s feeling mild at 7C!

Posted
2 hours ago, dec10snow said:

Very novice myself too - always (well some of the time) like to read the mod thread but have never got into trying to learn them properly.

However as far as I know, each ensemble member is fed slightly different (and therefore incorrect) starting data, which is why they then come out with widly varying solutions a lot of the time. Small changes can make a big difference!

Difference between the Operationals and Control runs though, must say I don’t actually know, I’m sure someone else will be able to tell us though.

So some information can be found here:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/pages/ensembles1.pdf

And also here:

WWW.WEATHERCAST.CO.UK

Ensemble forecasts identify the expected spread of weather conditions and assess the probability of particular events

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Only a flicker of sun seen here. Cloudy with light drizzle. 7.4 c. Humidity 03% Rh.