Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
33 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Cloudy, damp and mild. Very 2020esque.

I think with all the hype and carrying on, down here it still looks like promise of change but always 240hrs away, so being content with rain is a must, makes a change from the dry cooler spell though, kinda breaks the monotony!

A classic comment posted in the MAD thread today sums things nicely "The hi-res GFS snow depth does not really activate in the south until d10 and that will not last long on the 06z.."

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I think with all the hype and carrying on, down here it still looks like promise of change but always 240hrs away, so being content with rain is a must, makes a change from the dry cooler spell though, kinda breaks the monotony!

A classic comment posted in the MAD thread today sums things nicely "The hi-res GFS snow depth does not really activate in the south until d10 and that will not last long on the 06z.."

This week seems to be a milder continuation of the monotony. Personally I preferred the colder dry outcome but hey ho. This month is in danger of turning out just like a standard January if something doesn't change very soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Breezy day. 32mph.  Dull and  dismal. 9.2c Hunidity 97%rh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

This week seems to be a milder continuation of the monotony. Personally I preferred the colder dry outcome but hey ho. This month is in danger of turning out just like a standard January if something doesn't change very soon.

I think something special needs to turn up very soon to save us from another mundane Winter. We have plenty of time left, so all is not lost - but I'm not liking the way things are heading!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

I'd rather have that cool dry spell back thanks, nice frosty mornings beats this crud we have at the moment! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull and damp. 10.9°C

Posted

Bumping along nicely in double figures again today, in fact a couple of brighter spells, briefly, maximum today 10.8°C at: 13:09, only marginally below that now..

Posted
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

It's always day 10 ?‍♀️

• Like 2

Posted

I nearly threw up looking at the national forecast,  9c here in our little corner of the Country,  and 1-4c with rain/snow every where else.

I so hope we get some action here soon. 

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, SteveB said:

I nearly threw up looking at the national forecast,  9c here in our little corner of the Country,  and 1-4c with rain/snow every where else.

I so hope we get some action here soon. 

Rain Rain Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Doesnt look like a great week ahead to live in west country.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull and damp for most of the day but the sun did come out for a short time towards the end of the afternoon. Reached 11.3°C, currently 9.5°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Damp and breezy day. Reached 9.5°C, currently 8.9°C

Posted

A more "traditional" January day, temperature currently 10.0°C hardly moved overnight with a low of 9.7°C at: 00:00, seems as though it's been drizzling for some time, RH96% and a measured 0.4 mm since midnight..Oh did I mention it was overcast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Overcast. Rain. 9.0c. Humidity 97% Rh.

Posted

Wet mild and breezy, I could be describing any day throughout the year if I'm honest!

Temp 8.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Reports of the white stuff in the northeast and down here in ‘southofthem4land’ it’s 9C with sunny spells!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
19 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Ok, I have a bit of an update. Looks like the correction westward for today got the predicted snowfall about right . Nowcasting really comes into its own for this weekend. The team think another correction westward on the frontal system moving into The British Isles on Saturday. Perhaps not as advanced as shown on the models or UKMO fax. So a slowing up or disruption of the trough could give a more prolonged spell of snow. The  outer parameter of the snow computer flag up up the East of England with a moderate fall in places , especially East Anglia. That would indicate a wedge of cold still very close to the British Isles. The front is expected to move through by the end of Saturday .  Long term very uncertain but likely to stay cold for many, how  cold ? not sure but there is now some sort of thinking of undercut scenario to develop  around the last 1/3rd of the month with Southern Britain trending to a snowy outlook ( more southerly tracking low pressure systems )

Hope that helps.

C

Would be very pleased if that ends up happening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
13 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Would be very pleased if that ends up happening!

Also very surprised if it did. Seen several reports on TV this morning about all snow in UK and just makes me rather sick. 

• Like 1

Posted

Not enjoying seeing all the snow pics while it's mild, dull and wet again here. 9.4°C 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Another dark, wet morning. This entire situation is mind numbing! 

At least there's Cricket on Test Match Special Andy.