Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Looking back on this so called cold spell, ever since storm Bella came through on boxing Day. We've never really had a sniff down here in EA & the SE, the best we've managed is a few frosts and that's about it.

Towards the N, NW and Midlands. They've had a decent week or so with a few falls of snow. But for us down here it looks like we need a complete reset, if that means mild for a week or so, so be it.

Let's hope this SSW works out for us, so we can finally see proper cold funneling down into Eastern Europe that gives us something to feed on.

One thing I hope we don't see any more of is these NWesterlies or anything coming down from the NW. As last week was just hopeless for us down here, as we've seen so many times before. For us it's all about getting proper cold into Europe, and then just hoping we can eventually tap into it.

Still plenty of weeks of potential left this winter as yet, just as 2018 showed us. Our time has to come eventually, and it will be all the sweeter for it!!

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

It seems, that apart from the favoured few. Showers failed to turn especially Wintry.

As pointed out by earlier Posters, Dew Points have remained stubbornly high. 

This has no doubt as a result of anonymously high S.S.T's in the Southern North Sea.

On my trip into the Model Discussion Thread, I was expecting a lot of spitting out of dummies.

Apart from one or two posters, one who was expecting an imminent response from an S.S.W., that's in its infancy, all is pretty calm over there. 

There seems finally to be an acceptance in some quarters, that any beneficial effect in terms of cold and wintry Weather affecting the U.K, will be a couple of Weeks away and we are likely to see a bit of Atlantic action, with the Azores High featuring more than it has done, for a few Weeks. 

But the relaxing of High Latitude Blocking, that has been apparent in the Forecast Models for a few Days, now looks on course, to occur. Hopefully, this will be a temporary relaxing of a more beneficial Synoptic pattern.

As has been stated many times though, an S.S.W. is not necessarily a guarantee of delivering Wintry Weather to the U.K.

Regards,

Tom, 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning all 

technically we should have snow, seem to be under the blob, dew points 0 to -1 but nothing falling! Not even sleet! Who’s stolen it!???  

Sue x 

(Farnham, Surrey

Edited by paget
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Sleet here in East Dene. Sleet is such a waste of a perfect snowflake. The ground is far to wet for any snowflakes to land. Take care everyone. Good Health to you all.

Posted

Sleet here but you have to look at windscreens to see it. T +1.7 D 1.3

Posted

Sleet here also KT14 under the blob, surprised to be honest, we're at a low altitude here and always do poorly in marginal situations.

Edited by Cableguy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
47 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I can confirm, rain and lots of it, so excited ☔

It's rain alright. And it's a pure as the driven snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

I can confirm the tiniest wee flakes coming down, you need to squint to See them (Farnham, surrey) 

❄️

Posted

T 1.5c

D0.4c

Sleet with snow mixed in during the heavier bursts. Dog had a covering of flakes, but not settling anywhere else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I have looked out the window and I've checked with my sources, I can now report that it is in fact raining, again.

P.S. Now I've got the Peppa Pig theme tune stuck in my head, thanks for that Steve.

Edited by Met4Cast
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow events, cold zonality. Heat and humidity.

Light rain showers here in Folkestone.

4.2c following a low of 3.0c.

3.4mm rainfall so far today in a light NE'ly.

• Thanks 2