Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spain Weather

Posted
1 hour ago, Metwatch said:

Warmth is back in the Canary Islands associated with warm air advection from the south due to low pressure over the Azores. Gran Canaria airport reaching 30C which may be a new record following January 2010, and another station with 29.4C. 27C in northern Fuerteventura. Warmth continues for another 5-7 days. Looks like great timing for you @RJBingham

Untitled.png

Looking good, can't wait ☀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Incredible.

image.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

There's been record temperatures here in Spain this week. Here, near Cordoba, we have been getting around 23/24c the last few days, but over towards Valencia area 29/30c has been recorded. I brought warm jumpers and boots, I've had to find my summer stuff

• Like 4

Posted

Knew last week when charts showing high pressure over Spain they’re warm up considerably… didn’t think record temps in 30c though… friends in Gran Canaria for friends 40th birthday this weekend… looking at booking a few breaks in Spain in spring and early summer… need some sea sun and vitamin D 🏖️ 🇪🇸 

• Like 4

Posted

Incredible warmth for Spain recently!

Also a near miss for the Canary Islands today, but a lot of that dust still heading our way in the coming days.

GEyLVwtWkAABaZp.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

According to friends on Fuert the forecast Calima didnt really materialise today. Slight change in wind direction steered it away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Bristawl Si said:

According to friends on Fuert the forecast Calima didnt really materialise today. Slight change in wind direction steered it away.

Short clip from the Island of La Frontera around 1100m above sea level, on snapmaps (somewhat useful for seeing different weather conditions around the world i've found and very accessible), just about grazed it there. Saharan air layer is usually a lot lower in winter compared to summer.

https://map.snapchat.com/ttp/snap/W7_EDlXWTBiXAEEniNoMPwAAYdGFieHltdXdkAY1Gl6YVAY1Gl6GRAAAAAQ/@27.767394,-18.020099,10.64z

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

@Metwatch

All that dust was over Cape Verde due to a sandstorm.Boa was hit worse but we had our flight cancelled from Sal on Thursday and got out yesterday luckily and got home early hours this morning.Those hoping to go to Boa not so lucky as no flights in or out yesterday and some poor souls from Birmingham who were diverted to Sal on Thursday had their whole holiday cancelled yesterday and were flying home yesterday.Sal airport was chaos on Thursday and we were stuck there 9 hours before we got shipped back to a hotel.And we were lucky as some people ended up sleeping in hotel reception as all hotels were full!!😢

• Like 1

Posted

@Hotspur62

That sounds quite bad, almost like the disruption caused by Isha nearly a week ago with all the flights being rerouted. Someone on Twitter mentioned it's about as bad as what the Canary Islands had late Feb 2020, which was the worst they've had in decades for them leading to a lot of flight disruptions, an article:

WWW.NIOZ.NL

Every now and then, the Canary Islands experience severe dust outbreaks from the Sahara Desert. The local population call the wind that carries the Saharan…

Also a closer view on Cape Verde last Thursday:

GEtk-UOXgAAs9Kg.thumb.jpg.7b497b2e7728c1cedd6bcfe0a3f76d15.jpg

And I found 2 more clips via Snapmaps on Boa Vista and Sal, very low visibility! 

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

@Metwatch

Thanks for sending those clips above.I thought it might be more newsworthy but I found nothing on mainstream news about it🤷🏼‍♂️.What was strange was the British civil aviation authorities felt it was unsafe to take off from Sal on Thursday which is fair enough yet flights from Sal still continued that afternoon to Helsinki,Milan and Prague as our European friends felt it was ok to fly.Although it was pretty chaotic and frustrating I would much prefer to be safe than sorry in these instances.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Calima this afternoon for the central and eastern Canary Islands, quite a strong one in fact:

SFvdng2I.thumb.jpg.03b0879737001283146c7f4dc47d357f.jpgimage.thumb.png.56b8f1b12c810bc882f72d2603f6e988.png

About a 6 hour difference on a webcam in north Fuerteventura, not far off February 2020 levels!

image.thumb.png.3c3c1151d8b6271488a0c5a15996b9e3.pngimage.thumb.png.988041830e52ebadee8817a38d034672.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Tenerife applies for water emergency drought restrictions after 34% of normal Winter rain

WWW.NATIONALWORLD.COM

UK holidaymakers face new water restrictions when travelling to Tenerife as the popular holiday island is set to declare a drought emergency

Posted

Any thoughts on what sort of temps Barcelona will have for the week beginning 11th of March? 
It’ll be my first time abroad but I’m just wondering if there’s any warm spell or what sort of temperatures are likely. 
Thank you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
31 minutes ago, MidlandsWeatherWatcher said:

Any thoughts on what sort of temps Barcelona will have for the week beginning 11th of March? 
It’ll be my first time abroad but I’m just wondering if there’s any warm spell or what sort of temperatures are likely. 
Thank you. 

Looking very wet and unseasonably cold I'm afraid .....😨

Posted
On 04/03/2024 at 10:23, MidlandsWeatherWatcher said:

Does look like it's turning a bit drier with a slight warmup next week.

image.thumb.png.afafed4002b11feb837bf5774917f515.png

WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Barcelona 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

I think @SunSean off to Tenerife next week as well and there looks to a nice warm up as well, not great news for the UK though likely more wet weather with the jetstream whizzing over England. Few runs really building the heat for north Africa / southern Europe.

ECMOPEU12_216_2.thumb.png.e0e5383a0d6058657d5a6e3432ba5488.png

Edited by Metwatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Metwatch Yeah saw a few 24's & the odd 25c on the forecast when I booked- Although was just pleased to see the sun symbols haha. Should hopefully be a bit of respite from the grey clag.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

MidlandsWeatherWatcher

There are the Travel world cities forecasts 

WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Weather forecast for barcelona, SPAIN. Detailed forecast for the next 7 days. Updated four times a day to keep you totally up to date.

and AEMET is the national agency for spain, for any warnings.  This weekend looks wet and windy for Spain frmo the NW due to the same low that affects the UK but there seems to be some improvement next week, at least initially

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Copying over this thread on here to look back on in the future. Several reports of the "DANA" event 22nd - 24th March in the Canary islands. There was also some thunderstorms in southern Spain last night, though haven't seen many reports of that around.

A few more reports:

Lightning from a webcam in Tenerife

Night lightning

A lot of flash flooding also in Tenerife

Interesting rotation in a timelapse Tenerife

Hail

Very close lightning

Dried river bed in flood southern Fuerteventura

Flash flooding in parts of Gran Canaria

Satellite loop of the event. A lot of dust was brought up with the low pressure system, with some very thick haze in parts of northern Morrocco

Edited by Metwatch
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Gfs paints a poor outlook for Iberia and North Africa , in the next ten days ....

maxtemp-4.webp

h850t850eu-56.webp

6hrprecip-3.webp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Calimara event here now in Lanzarote. Saraha sands I believe 

20240405_153234.jpg

20240405_152550.jpg

Metwatch never heard of this before today in Lanzarote 😎

20240405_171938.jpg

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

stewfox

You've obviously been to Greece before....

The Calima is the sand and dust storm off the west coast of Africa, and the Canaries have had more this year so far than ever before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

matty40s didn't say I could spell it 😢 Lasted about 12hrs