Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

The latest fax charts are worth a scan through.  Frontal systems portrayed as skimming the Kent coast in the next 36 hours.

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Météociel propose le modèle UKMO à maille moyenne (1.25 degrés) jusqu'à 144h. Cartes de prévision des précipitations, du vent, des températures à tous les niveaux

A set for the scrap books there.

and Euro 4 is flexing its muscles on the 12z

Showing 25cms accumulated snow at Ewell Minnis north west of Dover at 5pm tomorrow

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine EURO4 0.04° du UK MetOffice (météo angaise) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest...

Sheesh.  Seems way out compared to the other models, and Im not sure why?

Ewell Minnis automated:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u10fun2jx#?date=2021-02-06

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
4 minutes ago, Mr_Pessimistic said:

Err, yes there has.  Unless you live in Kent. No frontal snow now for Norfolk and Suffolk according to the hi res models.  So yet another carrot chasing affair as expected. Thought this would happen right at the end. Not counting on any showers as I live in the snowless triangle. Yawn.

I can’t believe you were expecting a let down?

• Like 3

Posted

Rain again, arghhh. Come on cold, dig in for us please, it would be ironic with all the rain we had today it turns drier, but the temps look blomin freezing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
5 minutes ago, mulzy said:

That looks very disappointing for quite a lot of the region including the populated London area.

Those in the amber warning zone will most likely do well.

About time too as its basically this area that missed out on the Janaury snowfall ive not seen more than a few sleety flakes blowing in the wind for 3 years- Things even out over time Hopefully further west will join in with the streamer action still 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
11 minutes ago, mattneal said:

Must say that chart doesn't look very good for most of the SE. It also looks wrong for the time now let alone in 12 hours time

It looks right to me, it's raining here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

This is the best snow potential in my area for years, possibly since the 2018 Beast. And yet I’ve still got a terrible feeling that it’s going to go spectacularly wrong...

Let’s hope I’m the one that’s wrong

Posted
7 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Looking forward to a few drinks tonight to get “in the mood” for a late one. Nice bottle of red, with maybe a cheeky glass or two of scotch after. What are anyone elses plans?

Same as yours mate. I'm planning on drinking beer, watching the radar and seeing a snowflake.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Euro 4 to midnight 

image.thumb.png.9a482fb09abdb6a3797aa1a18fbabb66.png

East Suffolk and north Kent the top spots. Areas further west have to wait until the showers really get going but signs of these pushing well inland and quite frequent too.

This doesn’t look too bad for us out toward the West from what I can see? 

I do hope there’ll be some more snow opportunities for us in the coming week if this one fails!(for my part of the region)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Help!! My internets been down since 2pm aaaggghhhh! Worst possible time!

Just walked up the lane to find a paltry H+... can't view the models and not even sure if this will post but please can anyone tell me how it's looking in my area? (Mayfield, E.Sussex, 8 miles south of Tunbridge wells)

Mother in law just said it's looking to be too far east. There will be tears if she's right!

Not a breath of wind and just the odd spot of rain. 6.8C I'm getting a sinking feeling...

Edited by Darkcloud
  • Like 1

Posted

Louise Lear on Beeb now.. Shes saying Snow is nailed on for Essex and Kent, and that it could extend west towards the London Area.. One would assume with a NEast wind some of it would blow South of London towards the Sussex's too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, sunshine, snow

Brand new member here, been lurking over the last week or so watching this play out- I’m in the very western part of Kent so hoping that the hills surrounding (Ide Hill Sevenoaks, and Biggin Hill) don’t keep all the snow to themselves! Cant wait for the curtain twitching to start later and that anticipation leading up to the curtain opening in the morning, just hope I’m not too disappointed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
18 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Just having a quick flick through, has there been a downgrade for the south east

Yes for regions to the West of London. The Met Office only has intermittent light snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Born in Hillingdon Started my younger years in West Drayton.. Can I join da crew? 

West Drayton aye . Mini bronx ☝️

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Euro 4 to midnight 

East Suffolk and north Kent the top spots. Areas further west have to wait until the showers really get going but signs of these pushing well inland and quite frequent too.

Look in a sweet spot here. 10-15cm! ??????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

The cold is getting almighty close....

IMG_20210206_175331.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

You've probably bumped into me a few times if you get the train to Greenhithe a fun night shift in store for me tonight with an adverse weather warning out some trains cancelled but so far none of our area

Yes quite a few cancelled tomorrow 

DED209CF-72C2-4E94-8913-8719C843E52D.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
9 minutes ago, Downpour said:

I think 3-4cm Chingford/Waltham Abbey maybe 5-6cm in the favoured elevated spots in Epping Forest itself. 

Somewhat underwhelming given what might have been but we are in a better place than those further west. 

But a few chances next week as the weather stays cold and the winds stays easterly. 

Yep I’m not expecting huge amounts from the front here, although we’re far enough east to hopefully get some. The showers/streamers are the big unknown at the moment and could deliver a lot potentially, so long as we have more of a E/ENE element. Could also deliver nothing. 

Im hoping we get a lot of convection kicking off across the region rather than one or two narrow bands. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
15 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Mmmnn nice. A good one?  

I’m a vegan apart from the meat, eggs, cheese etc.  A salad is nice from time to time. A pork pie goes well with it. 

Rib eye. chips and onion rings. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
14 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Euro 4 to midnight 

Hi Matt 

out of all the precipitation charts with which most are still showing different outcomes from tonight/ tomorrow what would you say would be the best and most reliable at this timeframe ? As quite a lot now have my location (Brentwood slightly to west and north) as I still see some which have me in with a good shout for a decent covering still.  

thanks 

Edited by simonhall6

Posted
2 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Yes for regions to the West of London. The Met Office only has intermittent light snow now.

Louise Lear said the same thing just now, however the Orange warning seems to have moved in land further in south Kent. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I’m just off long lane so classed as Uxbridge ( Hillingdon crew) ✋

I grew up in Harefield

Moved to Kent 20 years ago as I convinced myself (as a child) that it always snowed in Kent

still go back to Harefield regularly (pre covid) as friends and family still there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1