Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A heavy shower dumped a covering of hail about 5.15 but it looks like it’s melting now as did last nights decent covering of snow.

hopefully there’s no late frost as I don’t fancy that slushy mess turning to ice.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Nice and sunny in Derby.

Just a sprinkle of snow on the tops.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A largely sunny and breezy morning here. A dry day today and I would think a mostly dry weekend to follow as well in this part of the region at least.

• Like 4

Posted
15 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

China is biding their time like they've done for the past 40 years. They will take Taiwan eventually but for now they are seeing what Russia gets away with and the response they get. They've played the long game, patiently and steadily built up their economy from the late 70s/80s whilst staying out of the more recent wars and barely speaking out about American interventions. And made the world rather reliant on their goods. Now they are a powerful force economically and militarily. The Chinese aren't stupid.

I thought this was a weather related thread, I didn’t come on here to listen to your opinions on world affairs, I’m sure you could find somewhere else to express them and leave us to talk about the weather 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

The river Derwent in Derby City Centre.

Debris evidence suggests it go pretty close to finding a route through the shopping area. 

20220225_142710.jpg

20220225_142751.jpg

20220225_143659.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well we finally got some proper snow last night. Only a small dusting but at least it settled and was good to see heavy thick flakes!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a letter from my energy supplier saying they are increasing my direct debit to £340 a month!!!! From 1st April. Hope April is warm !!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Just had a letter from my energy supplier saying they are increasing my direct debit to £340 a month!!!! From 1st April. Hope April is warm !!

Question will be how much monthly you were paying before the increase.. is it like 45% increase? I think this is what its been announced on most suppliers

• Like 3

Posted

According to stats issued by the EA via Jo Farrow, see Storm Franklin thread, the NW has had 168mm of rain in Feb 2022 (so far) which is 218% of normal, with 80mm in the past week. These are by far the highest figures in the UK . Small wonder re the flooding on the Mersey and elsewhere in the region.

• Like 6

Posted

Paying £180. Then last month they put it up to £240. Now £340. Heating is going off on 31st March

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Pretty sure my missus had a text earlier in the week saying that ours was more than doubling although they were offering a tie in which would give us a massive reduction down to just doubling.

It’s going to hit us hard even with disposable income and next to no debt so I really feel for those out there where it is literally heating or eating.

But as is always the case, there are winners and losers and a few are no doubt making a fortune from the current fuel crisis.

meanwhile the rare site of a decent day’s weather today and even more surprising, a dry if cloudy weekend coming up.

At long last some usable weather

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, manonthegrassyknoll said:

I thought this was a weather related thread, I didn’t come on here to listen to your opinions on world affairs, I’m sure you could find somewhere else to express them and leave us to talk about the weather 

Us? Looking at your profile you don't actually talk about the weather do you? the last post from you was 3 years ago. Maybe we don't want to see a pic of you in a vest?? it's put me right off my tea 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Us? Looking at your profile you don't actually talk about the weather do you? the last post from you was 3 years ago. Maybe we don't want to see a pic of you in a vest?? it's put me right off my tea 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Ramp said:

Didn’t see the snow last night as I was visited by the Novovirus, what a blast we’ve had.

I hope you’re feeling better, although if you’d had a cold and sneezed once you’d have missed last nights snow.

it was a bit dicey driving home over the tops from Burnley last night but nothing at all left this morning.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Yest 

Birkrigg Trig looking NE 

05F6BAF4-5E52-478D-A4FD-A275B7FC23FF.thumb.jpeg.7c5f6169578ef6583f496bdec67c4c25.jpeg

Coniston range a light dusting. Impressive drive up as ever today through Grizebeck and Torver.

Good memories  

Edited by Iceaxecrampon
  • Like 6

Posted

Decent Moon and Venus 5am. 

Just disappointed with the rest of the World. 

• Like 5

Posted

Tomorrow if your up. Or Set your alarm clocks. 

FB821402-FAE2-4526-AD09-B6F99BC4D6D5.thumb.jpeg.6d0f253af5edb135e1e84156f67f52a7.jpeg

(Courtesy Earth Sky) 

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Yest 

Birkrigg Trig looking NE 

05F6BAF4-5E52-478D-A4FD-A275B7FC23FF.thumb.jpeg.7c5f6169578ef6583f496bdec67c4c25.jpeg

Coniston range a light dusting. Impressive drive up as ever today through Grizebeck and Torver.

Good memories  

Can’t beat a view from a good trig point, I might do a couple myself this weekend.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A glorious sunny and chilly start to the day, currently 3.2C. Time to go out for a stroll to enjoy.

• Like 3