Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Can’t beat a view from a good trig point, I might do a couple myself this weekend.

Here’s the full version Ian.

Yes. Post them up. 

B0BF1B03-44F7-41EC-B19B-37CB12C13495.thumb.jpeg.aec39600227de8cb71dbd69e59a340ce.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
42 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Here’s the full version Ian.

Yes. Post them up. 

B0BF1B03-44F7-41EC-B19B-37CB12C13495.thumb.jpeg.aec39600227de8cb71dbd69e59a340ce.jpeg

It looks like a decent view.

Daughter and dog on their way so I’ll see if we end up anywhere near one.

• Like 5

Posted

A very pleasant day again. Light winds and good spells of sunshine which has an edge to it now. Early Spring feeling and it's a light evening. Fells looking good etched black against a clear sky. May be a bit of frost about overnight. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bright day here but not a lot of sunshine and a coolish breeze.

could have been a damn site worse though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

That's me done for the Winter.

Score 0/10, the lowest I've ever rated it.

PATHETIC!

Catch some of you if & when Summer storms are about, I wonder how the world will be then?

Ps @WillinGlossop & @Had Worse I'm sure you agree that was a stone wall penalty, VAR seems to be making the game even more incompetent not less. The officials bar Michael Oliver are a joke!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another sunny, chilly start, 2.1C. Another dry day coming up today to round off a decent weekend of weather for getting out and about. It's downhill tomorrow though with a wet day in prospect.

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Arktikos said:

PATHETIC!

Catch some of you if & when Summer storms are about, I wonder how the world will be then?

Ps @WillinGlossop & @Had Worse I'm sure you agree that was a stone wall penalty, VAR seems to be making the game even more incompetent not less. The officials bar Michael Oliver are a joke!

I’ll give winter a 4/10 up here with a few coverings so far but it’s only been salvaged over the last few days and was a pitiful 1/10 up to that.

still time to redeem itself I suppose although as we go into March and beyond, I want sunshine and warmth, not wintry conditions.

as for the penalty that never was, I couldn’t agree more.

whoever still couldn’t see that this was deliberate after watching it from every angle has more than proved that they need a new career away from Stockley Park.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Arktikos said:

PATHETIC!

Ok Pal I know how you feel

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Gorgeous morning but with the same nagging wind as yesterday.

Aye same here although so far a lot less cloud and a lot more sun than yesterday.

• Like 5

Posted

Definitely a taste of spring in the air today, and despite a cold start and yes, nagging wind...it's sunshine all the way and it's getting stronger by the day....

...but it's the North West and and the rain will make up for lost ground tomorrow.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
5 hours ago, Arktikos said:

PATHETIC!

So you are now buying into a snowy March just saying.........

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Today is a reminder that spring is almost here. Warm sunshine and clear blue skies. 

i think it’s a reminder that after our seemingly never ending stinkfest of a winter, that the people of the UK simply can’t take another poor summer. Come on, can we at least have one proper season this year. We need it. 

Edited by Backtrack
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Great day today, walked from here up to the summit of Hartshead pike with the dogs then back. In the mid day sun it felt pleasantly warm

• Like 5

Posted

A great day to be out and about in the peaks, Castleton was typically choc-a-block for a 'sunny sky sunday' so luckily I wasn't hanging around there for too long and decided to hike to a less-trodden Shatton Moor summit and then driving on to Higger Tor & White Path Moss before sunset. A shame the weather is back on the downwards-trend once again as a few more days like today would be perfect for spring.

04.thumb.jpg.3baab5c9e9a02ca105d2bbf8906b2893.jpg06.thumb.jpg.b5e217102f883dbaf54ece7f30bcdda9.jpg12.thumb.jpg.1c6f3d432be996d61f7b9d602ca71de7.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A beautiful Springlike ☀️ day here in S Cheshire today that was pleasantly mild during the day but quickly got chilly towards sunset  - enough to briefly distract you away from the news at least anyway ??

• Like 5

Posted

I always think that there is a day early in the year when the conditions make you think that better things are just around  the corner.

Yesterday was a little bit hit or miss up here but today was that day so yes there will no doubt be a lot of crappy weather in the coming weeks but we are on the way to something much better.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
2 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

A beautiful Springlike ☀️ day here in S Cheshire today that was pleasantly mild during the day but quickly got chilly towards sunset  - enough to briefly distract you away from the news at least anyway ??

Anything to distract from the news.

Been cooking all day as my Mother / Father in law need support. Tomorrow they'll be getting Meat and potato pie.

Like you said, a nice day although a bit chilly at times when the breeze got up. 

• Like 7

Posted
15 hours ago, Arktikos said:

PATHETIC!

Here’s my answer and 6 points ahead ⚽⚽⚽⚽

E45F3819-F52D-4DDF-8B6A-D34125FB05B7.png

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Anything to distract from the news.

Been cooking all day as my Mother / Father in law need support. Tomorrow they'll be getting Meat and potato pie.

Like you said, a nice day although a bit chilly at times when the breeze got up. 

Lovely weather sunshine making it feel like spring with bulbs coming…. Planted 250 bulbs last year…. All making an appearance now…. 
meat and potato pie sounds yum  

just been to comedy night at Crystal ball room in glossop… was good… Jo Caufield

• Like 6