Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Wow musta been some partee....

Lol... it’s been a mess for weeks...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Saw a bit of sun late on but didn't last that long. Other than that it's been yet another dull and damp day. Reached 12.4°C, currently 11.8°C

Posted
5 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Beka, can I suggest you teach hubby how to take the kids to, and collect from school. Then get him to put you in a cardboard box, wrap you up, and leave a nearby bowl of water, and wake you up in May2022. This murk seems destined to plague us for months yet, even the MetO have given up on it, and switched Off their super computer...

Bingo!!! I'm up for that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Been pretty busy lately.. weather has been mild & very windy. Topped 14.9°C yesterday.

Currently in the process of doing a new website layout.

1293618097_Screenshot2021-12-30233537.thumb.png.29f67227326d848072ea2e118dc887ec.png

Posted

Topped out at 15.2 degrees this afternoon around a rare glimpse of brightness! Quite balmy and barmy...

Reminded me of 2015 and the 90s Decembers. Was a tall order to beat the 16.4 degrees from December 1998.

Posted

Morning All, another wet start with heavy rain between 6 & 7, which has now moved eastwards, adding another 4.6mm to the pot for 2021. The overnight high was 12.7°C at: 04:50, whilst the low was 11.6°C at: 07:24, with RH96% and a 15mph breeze in from the SW, to blow the rain sideways, for a while..

A couple of brave folks out for a early morning dip, in the surf..

image.thumb.png.9a8c8f32e278ce2fef93c12e24f72585.png

In summary, wet, Very Mild, plenty of Stratus, and a SW breeze..roll on 2022..then we can have a wet, Mild, overcast, and breezy January, no seriously, surely a change must be out there somewhere?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Mild, wet. Be good if that HP near to Spain and Canaries could move North. 15c with some sun would be great. Stuff Winter (Autumn really here)!

Posted
2 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Mild, wet. Be good if that HP near to Spain and Canaries could move North. 15c with some sun would be great. Stuff Winter (Autumn really here)!

It does seem along with the Barlett High, the "NEW Norm" is this Iberian High, that seems reluctant to move as it spins alongside the North Atlantic lows ...

Posted

Gloomy, light on again during the day (glad it's a LED), drizzle, murky, low stratus layer, breezy, another daily reason for Beka to Hibernate..

A few more people around, but it still looks meh!

image.thumb.png.f8ea7d7246d44219aca3842ee07cb588.png

Posted

Finishing this awful month with another yawn... just more grey. To think people actually like mild weather... 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Wet overnight. Groundhog day with the morning murk, but it's now bright with a threat of sunshine

Haven't posted here much this year- or anywhere for that matter.  I've struggled a bit with life the latter few months and not been in a brilliant mindset. Hoping for brighter days in every respect for us all next year

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Gloomy, light on again during the day (glad it's a LED), drizzle, murky, low stratus layer, breezy, another daily reason for Beka to Hibernate..

A few more people around, but it still looks meh!

image.thumb.png.f8ea7d7246d44219aca3842ee07cb588.png

I'm under the duvet on my laptop with a cup of coffee! I'm also nursing Sciatica due to Piriformis Syndrome. My coccyx is in agony too!

Posted
54 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Wet overnight. Groundhog day with the morning murk, but it's now bright with a threat of sunshine

Haven't posted here much this year- or anywhere for that matter.  I've struggled a bit with life the latter few months and not been in a brilliant mindset. Hoping for brighter days in every respect for us all next year

Bless your heart! Massive hugs. It's totally been another carp year for sure!! I suffered with SAD through a lot of the "summer" it was so bad!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Stratus, fog. light drizzle, breezy and mild

Did you not say the same thing this morning Knocker?

It has been one of those days though, I've had lights on inside almost all day, because of the dreary conditions..

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Bless your heart! Massive hugs. It's totally been another carp year for sure!! I suffered with SAD through a lot of the "summer" it was so bad!

When did you take up fishing?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
8 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I was trying not to swear you cheeky thing you!

Beka, I am SO sorry, I thought you had taken up a new hobby to alleviate the SAD effects, from the past year..

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Beka, I am SO sorry, I thought you had taken up a new hobby to alleviate the SAD effects, from the past year..

I bet you are you cheeky devil you! Local Heron been fishing in my pond over the last few years. I have no fish left ...! Only frogs by the ton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Happy New Year

Well the last day of 2021 probably summed up the year here weather-wise, dull and uninspiring with nothing much happening at all. Reached 12.3°C, currently 11.6°C

Here's hoping for a more interesting 2022  

Posted

We actually have clear sky in the morning for the first time since 10 days ago! Amusingly the temperature is about 13c higher than that frosty one though!

Rather a ‘plumey’ look to things with various mid level clouds.