Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Same dross different day. Least thursday looking sunnier.....................

• Like 4

Posted

Another glorious day.

Overwhelmingly clear blue skies, calm conditions and currently 7.1c.

eedf.thumb.jpg.8484795d284c7bd3f71029ce67b6dcf6.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Wind getting up again and after a bright cool start at 5c its clouding over a bit from the west.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Another pic from Athens….

6BEFB327-5CCD-46AB-A1C6-3B00CBC881BA.jpeg

None of the Sleety pish there, that’s a proper whiteout ❄️

Just now, Penicuikblizzard said:

Don’t know why this has posted 3 times but hey ho lol

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Don’t know why this has posted 3 times but hey ho lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well if we can't have pics of whiteout here then you might as well post 3 from Athens, even if they are identical. 

Quinach posted what it's like here, far from awful but I'm beginning to crave a good period of heavy rain, just fir something different. Not sure if that's on the cards, but other than a brief colder spell at the end of the month the models have trended away from any sustained cold again. 

• Like 6

Posted

Staying with the Hellenic theme, YHC says there not much double glazing, gritting, ploughing, snowmen or anything much that suggests the locals have experienced much snow before or know what to do when it hits. A lot of people just stay indoors and wait for the thaw - which may be very soon.

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, Quinach said:

Another glorious day.

Overwhelmingly clear blue skies, calm conditions and currently 7.1c.

eedf.thumb.jpg.8484795d284c7bd3f71029ce67b6dcf6.jpg

You know what, im starting to like aberdeen, despite all the grey associations it gets. Its been amazing weather since i got here 9 days ago. Beach nearby, good hiking within an hour. Whats not to like!

• Like 7

Posted

Spring begining to show now catkins on nearby tree , fields greening up and bulbs bursting through the ground. Lots of us oldies think nature will balance the books shortly so much so that a few  more mature hay customers are getting spring hay while the weather is good  just in case they get winter in spring.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

And yet another Fifty Shades of Grey day today, except that the good folk of Ayrshire can’t take the excitement of all those possibilities so they settle for Five Shades of Grey. Or for ‘grey’ read ‘dull’, where 1 is hardly dull at all and 5 is as dull as an utterly dull thing. Today was a 2. Slightly dull.

High temperature for the day is 6.6⁰C now, up from the low of 4.6⁰C at 07:54, humidity is 88%, wind 2 to 6mph southwesterly with a maximum gust of 9mph at 13:18, pressure is 1029.8hPa steady, there’s been no rainfall today nor in the last 24 hours, cloud cover has remained a resolute 8/8 all day and the dew point is at 5⁰C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Yawn, sigh grey, dull and meh. 

So bored with the weather have booked two trips, home to Cornwall at Easter and more excitingly Orkney in July. Staying in a farm house overlooking the sea. Anyone else been? Any must sees? 

• Like 8

Posted
27 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Yawn, sigh grey, dull and meh. 

So bored with the weather have booked two trips, home to Cornwall at Easter and more excitingly Orkney in July. Staying in a farm house overlooking the sea. Anyone else been? Any must sees? 

Oh man, what? I went there for a week a couple or so years ago, to do the Orkney Isles, stayed for ten days and never got beyond the ‘mainland’. It’s the most interesting place I’ve ever been to, and absolutely steeped in history. Definite candidates to visit are Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar, Ness of Brodgar, Maeshowe, the Broch of Gurness, Tomb of the Eagles, St. Magnus Cathedral, the Italian Chapel, The Orkney Brewery, Kirkwall town and Stromness town. After that it’s just museums, pubs, cliff walks and puffin spotting. I think you’ll love it.

• Like 6

Posted
18 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Oh man, what? I went there for a week a couple or so years ago, to do the Orkney Isles, stayed for ten days and never got beyond the ‘mainland’. It’s the most interesting place I’ve ever been to, and absolutely steeped in history. Definite candidates to visit are Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar, Ness of Brodgar, Maeshowe, the Broch of Gurness, Tomb of the Eagles, St. Magnus Cathedral, the Italian Chapel, The Orkney Brewery, Kirkwall town and Stromness town. After that it’s just museums, pubs, cliff walks and puffin spotting. I think you’ll love it.

Yep, all of this. It's a glimpse into prehistory that you can't get anywhere else.

I've been trying to get to grips with Baltic ferries today. Weird timetables for some of them.

• Like 5

Posted

Day started with potential with plenty of blue skies and a nice crisp crunch to the grass...

image.thumb.png.512bde185e6da5c882daa5776e75dda2.png

Didn't last as cloud has rolled in, and without that sunshine it feels cold outside even though temperature is around about the same as this time yesterday (currently 7.0c).

Calm conditions.

• Like 7

Posted

Cloud rolled in  here too  with a few showery bursts mid pm but the most noticeable thing is the wind which is very strong and gusty making the temperature of 9c seem cold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A mostly cloudy day here with a strengthening breeze and increasing temperature from a low of 5.1C this morning to 10.2C now.

January has been mild and quite sunny here but I see the Outer Hebrides has been pretty dull so far this month with a black spot over Stornoway.

449A0334-E62D-4CA6-96D5-4B1941BB22FA.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Howling gale tonight just as  I finally get hold of roofer to come and fix a couple of  broken skylights on steading roof from Storm Arwen. . Here its been a very breezy winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A high of 11.3C here, which was around 8pm, with it dropping to a mere 8.8C currently. Pretty breezy from mid to late afternoon and still is. Dry though. 

• Like 2

Posted

Today was another in the run of dull days from dawn to dusk but with the added elements of wind and rain, just to confirm its place as a dull Winter day. Now, I’m not complaining, but I could do with a chuffing change.

High temperature today was 9.2⁰C at 22:10 (?) up from the low of 6.2⁰C at 11:15 and now 8.6⁰C, humidity was between 87% and 95% now 94%, wind 2 to 6mph westerly with a maximum gust of 22mph at 17:06, pressure dropped from 1030.0hPa at 00:13 to 1016.6hPa at 21:05 and now 1017.6hPa steady, 3.0mm of rain fell today and 3.4mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover was 8/8 all day and the dew point is at 8⁰C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just seen this mornings ECM... nearly fainted... probably be completely different on its next run.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Just seen this mornings ECM... nearly fainted... probably be completely different on its next run.

Enjoy the optimism before it gets trampled...

Still got the main lights on here this morning - or at least, turned them off then back on again. Pfft.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 minute ago, Hairy Celt said:

Enjoy the optimism before it gets trampled...

Still got the main lights on here this morning - or at least, turned them off then back on again. Pfft.

Yeah same here... horrible school run this morning, sleety pish is best way i can describe it..

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

Yeah same here... horrible school run this morning, sleety pish is best way i can describe it..

Sleet?!?!? Where!?!?! 

• Like 1