Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
5 hours ago, skifreak said:

Having a flick through charts for something more palatable, looks like lows to our north putting a squeeze on things and it could get pretty blowy particularly far North and the hills later in the week towards the weekend, but that could just be the warm up act for really stormy spell early February, and colder too? Very little snow in Jan 2020 on the hills either, then February, particularly in the West brought lots of snow and was persistently stormy into mid March. Would take a repeat of 2020 weather from here given the spring we had! 

February 2020 was quite decent in Edinburgh too, would take a repeat of that anyday. 

Had some proper blizzard conditions over here, despite the winds coming in from the west rather than the east. 

Anyway, it seems like storms could be making a return soon, just hope the high pressure sinks south and expands towards Greece/turkey to flatten things out a bit. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

10c here yesterday and 14c in Bonar Bridge down the hill about 10 miles away.  Breezy and mild again this morning but hills bit clearer. 8.2C.  Time is still wrong on fieldcam..

20220122092123_19751937_screenshot.jpgA.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

30730094_20220123112020_19751937_screenshot35267.thumb.jpg.ef9249ac52cecf208ac6b7dafd850008.jpg

This mornings view hills are bit clearer to NW (Ben Hee)

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Dull again...currently 6.3 deg/C, its dried off again though.

I zeroed the thermometer before going to bed last night...overnight Min was 5.9deg/C Max was 7.6deg/C...not what I would call winter weather.

At this rate the snaw shovel won't be out the shed this year.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

It's been a hard slog 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

As I child I always thought Sundays were dull. Today is dull to the core. And a dull sort of dull at that.

High temperature so far was 7.2⁰C at midnight falling to a low of 5.8⁰C at 10:11 and now 6.1⁰C, humidity is 83%, wind is 3 to 8mph southwesterly with a maximum gust of 11mph at 06:20, pressure is 1029.6hPa falling slowly, there’s been 0.4mm of rain today and 0.6mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is a thick 8/8 and the dew point is at 3⁰C.

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely day today, not sure of the temperature but I managed a post lunch snooze in the sun. 

Felt more like April or early May though so hopefully something more seasonal is on the way! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Very mild here too but also very windy all day  so ground still drying up Took advantage and got wintering sheep in in the afternoon as a few lame. Young Mr Northernlights had the backbreaking job of clipping thair overgrown hooves while I was in charge of syringe and antibiotic for each. Hopefully they will be much more comfortable now so few more dry days will let the hooves harden up. Put them back out to fresh  field with a couple of inches of fresh green grass. Remind me its January.Notice a few of the houses round about have their robot garden mowers working too.

Well we have the January page of the calendar on display so I guess it's January. January 2022.

Youngest HC expecting to be snowed in tomorrow - in Athens! Scamp he is.

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, Spindrift2017 said:

Did actually encounter some snow yesterday, albeit 900 metres above sea level on a hill above a Glen Tilt. Pretty close to the geographical centre of Scotland, and far from the sea (in relative terms), you’d generally expect plenty of snow cover at the time of year, but this patch at the top of an east-facing slope was about the biggest remnant to be found.

860F58D6-500D-4847-AAA3-63B1A72B5D19.thumb.jpeg.a75b242fb9a7dcb87f754f4829ece387.jpeg

Looks as though things might become a bit livelier within the not too distant future, though, with better prospects of hill snow, at least.

Same in the cairngorms, drove past the ski centre on the aberdeenshire border and there was an absolutely minimal amount of snow. Really dry on the peaks overall.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Well, I see I'm not the only one stuck in the weather doldrums! It seems to have been the same dull pish for weeks without even a downpour to break the monotony. Anything worthwhile coming up in February then? Y'know, sunshine, maybe a wee touch o' frost and dare I mention the White Stuff?

• Like 8

Posted

Morning , echoing most peoples comments ,, its been a rather dull and boring winter so far 

Lots of grey mild days here in Gourock , only a couple of air frosts and a a few flakes in December  to give any excitement

Here is photo from yesterday a surreal blue and grey sky just after sunrise 

I am off to sacrifice some irn bru  over the Granny Kempock Stone and see if it wakes up the Weather gods

FA76209A-075A-4945-95A6-3C16AADC78D4.JPG

• Like 6

Posted

The run of gorgeous sunny days continues.

Currently 9c with just a hint of some high level cloud.

Calm conditions and a very enjoyable lunch sitting outside in the sun - felt better than a lot of the days in summer!

ssdc.thumb.jpg.6222cc5e8ca5a535a5b423fa6e2e137d.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Nice day here today and pretty mild  

Istanbul and Athens on the other hand are having a snowy day ❄️ Unreal

Fair few snowy places in the northern hemisphere, just not here. Pfft again. At least it's not pithing down!

• Like 5

Posted

As others have said another lovely and surprisingly warm day in Aberdeenshire. I had to nip over to Aviemore to collect something and managed to eat my lunch a short wander from the top of the Lecht pass in short sleeves. The pickup was showing 10 degrees - very pleasant tucked in out of the breeze. 

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

36F5C451-E164-46F2-B948-38A6ECB0BD6F.thumb.jpeg.d1b2906677f178ff66a2c16d5c07a385.jpeg

Just a tad snowy in Athens tonight ❄️❄️

Oh crikey. He said they had a foot of snow and I thought he was exaggerating...

• Like 2

Posted

It was a nicer day today, mainly due to it being a brighter sort of dull.

High temperature was 8.8⁰C up from the low of 5.8⁰C at 06:09 and now back down to 6.2⁰C, humidity went from 80% at 14:45 to 89% at 18:27 and now 88%, wind was 1 to 3mph south to southwesterly with a maximum gust of 10mph at 11:22, pressure rose from 1027.5hPa at 04:23 to 1032.4hPa now, there was no rainfall today nor in the last 24 hours, cloud cover was 7/8 to 8/8 and the dew point is at 4⁰C.

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's finally snowing here but it's light splattery Scottish nonsense:

It might be "light splattery Scottish nonsense" to you but that's a blizzard to the Daily Expish.

• Like 7