Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

You better watch out, rain! The snow will be coming back down from the North to knock ya down! Teach you a lesson for the chaos you have created. (I hope).

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Proper snow now,not big wet flakes with rain mixed in like earlier.A good covering now which isn’t melting either.

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, Alloy Wheel, Car, Car Wheel, Tire, Transportation, Vehicle, Wheel, Road

Could contain: Lamp Post, Outdoors, Nature

• Like 2

Posted

The only way I can describe today is... yo-yo snow. The temperature has been up and down more times than I can count on both hands 🤣

Posted

Blowing an absolute hooley, precip stopped, feels warmer than 2 hours ago when we had a rain shower at colder temps than the heavy snow at midday, but the snow on the grass and most pavements has survived, expecting more snow tonight. It's messed up. 

But saw deeper snow today than at any point in that crap 2009-10 winter. That'll do if we see nothing more 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

I honestly don't know what is coming out of the sky here. Blowing a gale, throwing some precipitation or other down. Its seems to be a soft hail 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's hammering it down with rain here but the temperature hasn't gone above 1c all day and evening. It just feels wrong that we have rain at 1c 🤣 normally always snows at that tenperature. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

21mm today so far which is the wettest day since 21st November and 15th November 2022 if I record another 1mm.

Temperature currently at 1.3°C. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

It's hammering it down with rain here but the temperature hasn't gone above 1c all day and evening. It just feels wrong that we have rain at 1c 🤣 normally always snows at that tenperature. 

dew points and 850's too warm! why snow is a tricky game, lows too need to be placed just right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
5 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

You better watch out, rain! The snow will be coming back down from the North to knock ya down! Teach you a lesson for the chaos you have created. (I hope).

Agreed…when taking a moment in looking at the radar you can clearly see how the low at present is moving on track and how the back edged over Ireland is flowing downwards 🤓

That’ll be us in five hours with s#it loads falling ❄️❄️❄️😁

image.thumb.gif.22103d0438b5ef58987ec458ee978741.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

☔rain, heavy.  wet.  🤣  Snow early hours maybe?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Blizzards continue here.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Agreed…when taking a moment in looking at the radar you can clearly see how the low at present is moving on track and how the back edged over Ireland is flowing downwards 🤓

That’ll be us in five hours with s#it loads falling ❄️❄️❄️😁

image.thumb.gif.22103d0438b5ef58987ec458ee978741.gif

Fascinating DWW..

Also look North to the Scottish North Sea Border.

You can see the upper cloud and precipitation moving Eastward, but clearly at lower levels there are streamers setting up and getting pulled back westward into the borders under the strong strengthening easterly.

It all ends up with snow piling up in the Pennines from both East and west.

When the low moves to the east this will then all start to move further south.

Mmmmmm   ???

MIA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Final update from me, and I've got that horrible drizzly rain thing. Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow morning, and hopefully we can get some neat photos for the second day running!!

• Like 9

Blizzard conditions here ST10 (Alton) heavy snow combined with strong winds. What had turned to rain early evening didnt affect the snow on the ground much and now the CMs are piling up again. 

if this stalls and heads south overnight we are gonna see quite the snowfall total. 

Hoping you all get some of the good stuff 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, markw2680 said:

Just been for a drive up the lickey hills to be greeted to heavy sleet but deep snow 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Snow, Weather

Always remember driving up there from King's Norton to the Lickey Hills and the Monument car park there was no snow anywhere in Birmingham apart from at the top where it was covered lovely place in the snow. 

• Like 4

Posted
46 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Blowing an absolute hooley, precip stopped, feels warmer than 2 hours ago when we had a rain shower at colder temps than the heavy snow at midday, but the snow on the grass and most pavements has survived, expecting more snow tonight. It's messed up. 

But saw deeper snow today than at any point in that crap 2009-10 winter. That'll do if we see nothing more 

Seriously I can t believe that..

13 inches here from this...

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Chart, Plot

• Like 1

Posted

I'm going for a snow walk shortly up the lane when I've finished my cupa, there's so much snow in the air, proper blizzard conditions now here. Will try and take some pictures.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Snow still covered on the grass but roads are clear, pavements are mostly clear, just some parts where its slushy. But also snow remaining on some roofs and even partly on trees. Surprised how much is still laying after all the rain. Looking forward to the fresh top up in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Just now, Polar Maritime said:

I'm going for a snow walk shortly up the lane when I've finished my cups, there's so much snow in the air, proper blizzard conditions now here. Will try and take some pictures.

It is bad enough in the higher Sheffield suburbs 20cm  easily at 200m so you must be at  1ft+ easily now. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Winter-Chaser said:

Heavy snow here now in Mickleover Derby. Settling rapidly. 👌🏻

Crazy that's only 5 miles up from here and it was all rain when it passed. Boundary must be edging south.

• Like 1