Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Temp maxed out at 37.4c dropping now at 36c can't wait for the cooler air now. Going back out in the garden to experience the last of the extreme heat.. what I day!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

This is from Dave Throup, retired EA guy who most of us will have seen on TV talking about Worcester floods etc. The cooler (though still not exactly cold) conditions are on our region's doorstep now!

Posted

Oh well this has been a really stifling couple of days !!

not the best two days to break my covid19 virginity🥵 

time to get bets on for white Christmas , reckon odds will be good at mo 👍🏻

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Get well soon, nobble!

What a day it's been here. Maxed out at 35.1 °C (95.2 °F), the first 35 I have ever knowingly experienced in the UK. Much more sun than yesterday, with 30 reached long before midday. Cloud late afternoon, but now clearing again and the sun out. Still sitting at 31 °C at half past six. It's been fascinating, but I would *really* like a proper cool down now, please! The thought of another very warm night doesn't fill me with joy...

Posted

A chilly 30c here now and clouded over.

Posted

Dramatic weather this afternoon not...

A few distant rumbles rainband came across 2 tiny spots felt...

Wind now dropped and feeling hot again at 29.6c and sunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

This is from Dave Throup, retired EA guy who most of us will have seen on TV talking about Worcester floods etc. The cooler (though still not exactly cold) conditions are on our region's doorstep now!

Feel this location is too far east, certainly not here yet, Sun is shining getting warmer

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Feel this location is too far east, certainly not here yet, Sun is shining getting warmer

No, it's taken me by surprise how feeble the band of showers (which didn't reach ground level anyway) has been. Temps well into the 30s here even now. May have to wait for sunset before things start cooling down properly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

West Midlands regional temperature record now at 39*C

Birmingham record now at 37*C

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 19.25.47.png

Wow, we actually have some rain falling. Very strange feeling given how warm and humid it now is

Edited by Midlander

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather Events
10 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

No, it's taken me by surprise how feeble the band of showers (which didn't reach ground level anyway) has been. Temps well into the 30s here even now. May have to wait for sunset before things start cooling down properly.

More Humid Now Than Before In Dudley.  Unbelievable 

Posted
11 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Cloud gone. Clear sky no wind, still stifling. Where's my cooldown?

Exactly, really disappointed with the forecasts

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A maximum of 36.6c today, exactly 4c higher than the old record ( before yesterday ) set on August 3rd 1990, and this was after the highest min' on record, 2.6c higher than the previous record also on August 3rd 1990. Even more incredible was that it was accompanied by a SE wind gusting between 30 and 40 mph.

• Like 3

Posted

The humidity won't be helping but temp now at 29c here on the Davis and 54% humidity. Was around 25% 5 hours ago..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Temperature has actually gone up in last half hour. Still 31C, humidity also creeping up now.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Temperature has actually gone up in last half hour. Still 31C, humidity also creeping up now.

This area not cooling down at all

Posted

Cooled to 28'c here now, humidity 41%, so that'll wipe out any temperature drop overnight and it'll feel just as hot.

Just opened the windows upstairs as it's equalised now at 28'c inside and outside, this is far more miserable than I ever could have imagined.

That and having to work in a red hot glasshouse half of the day at 58'c+ I really feel ill 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I see there's a shower popped up just to the North of us. Does it give us any hope of something overnight as nocturnal cooloing gets underway?

Posted
6 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Cooled to 28'c here now, humidity 41%, so that'll wipe out any temperature drop overnight and it'll feel just as hot.

Just opened the windows upstairs as it's equalised now at 28'c inside and outside, this is far more miserable than I ever could have imagined.

That and having to work in a red hot glasshouse half of the day at 58'c+ I really feel ill 😞

Not surprised given the temps, you should not of been in there. Get some ice on your head and a cold bath. Probably to late now and you will have heat stroke. Look after yourself and drink lots and take paracetamol.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Yes so far tonight looking worse than last night. The house is at its warmest yet here at just over 28C and still can't do anything about it because it's 30C outside. If you're feeling bad I'd get a cold shower and then go straight to a fan after don't bother drying off with a towel.

• Like 2

Posted

Dropped to 26c now here.. house 27c all windows and doors open now. God help those in built up areas with no air-con..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Sitting outside now kids in bed out the way , 

really looking forward to cool down and feeling better ☹️

Posted

Back up to 31C again 😀