Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Started off OK today then the cloud  and a spell of rain  nothing dramatic  but a wet surface at least   hope this winter delivers as it will be my last in my home area  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Started off OK today then the cloud  and a spell of rain  nothing dramatic  but a wet surface at least   hope this winter delivers as it will be my last in my home area  

No way, sorry the selfish part of me is coming out, only because when it’s Winter your valued regarding your posts and your love for the white stuff 

Wherever your going I wish you well BUT!!!  like you mentioned…before then…let it snow, let it snow ❄️🤞👌

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It's really tiresome how another fine day descended into a cloudfest. So many times this summer we've had relatively high pressure, only for it to be ruined by a stray dying front bringing dull weather, when the synoptics look decent. Almost makes you wish for slack low pressure, which can bring some good weather if you dodge any showers, but at least usually guarantees some sun.

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

No way, sorry the selfish part of me is coming out, only because when it’s Winter your valued regarding your posts and your love for the white stuff 

Wherever your going I wish you well BUT!!!  like you mentioned…before then…let it snow, let it snow ❄️🤞👌

Ha ha thanks  moving to the smoke  so literally no chance of the white stuff down there  

Posted
7 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Ha ha thanks  moving to the smoke  so literally no chance of the white stuff down there  

Sorry for my sorry state of not knowing where the Smoke is…enlightening me would be Coolio  🥴

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some very welcome light rain here for the last 2/3 hours or so and continues. Fields realy greening up now from the heat of last week.

The smoke is London Dancer 😊 

The saying comes from the industrial revolution when London was very very smokey..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Sorry for my sorry state of not knowing where the Smoke is…enlightening me would be Coolio  🥴

sorry dancer  off to London next summer  work and all that  just waiting for my son to finish school  and he can then do his A levels down there.  

Posted
2 hours ago, weirpig said:

sorry dancer  off to London next summer  work and all that  just waiting for my son to finish school  and he can then do his A levels down there.  

Okies, from 731ft to at a guess 10 ft 🤣 is a fair drop 😳 Oh! well, when we are snowed under your more that welcome to pop in...So we can have bragging right’s 🤪

• Like 3

Posted

Well it's 'y not' festival time here. No escaping it ☺️

Least they have good weather for it.. Seems to get bigger every year, I can remember being there when it was just a few locals in a field with a handful of tents and local bands and DJs. All saying 'why not let's do it.. How it's grown..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Lots of places enjoying a lovely sunny summer day. We have 100% cloud cover as usual.

Same here with cloud all day, but it's pleasent with little or no wind at all to speak of which is rare especially for my location.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Same here with cloud all day, but it's pleasent with little or no wind at all to speak of which is rare especially for my location.

You might have guessed I'm getting thoroughly fed up of this summer! Seems to me it can be divided as, cold and cloudy - unbearable heatwave - warmer and cloudy frequent rain. I don't know if there is an official sunshine recording station in this area, but I doubt there's been a duller June & July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

No sun, but at the moment, just thankful it's dry, Sun and Mon look a write off here, Tues showers too

Posted

Just heard Travis and Stereophonics playing at the Y Not Festival while out with dogs, walked 6 miles on the lanes and back.. Hardly any wind and the sound must be traveling miles. Fireworks after Stereophonics was superb..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Finally...

After 3mms overnight, steady rain set in an hour ago. Another 3mms recorded.

The lawn is visibly greening up.

The spoil around the vegetables has now 'wetted ' over, and the top centimeter is now wet. 

Even got some puddles on the road.😄

Current temp is at 19.7C

MIA

Posted

Just to prove it's not always misery, a glorious morning here. Was a bit chilly earlier, but warming up nicely now. Clear blue sky and light wind. More of this please!

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Neil Harris said:

Great day here, sunny all day only really hazing over about 6pm.

now steady rain is falling and we may get a fair bit in WS3.

Agreed, this morning was blinding, skies were Blue, Blue and more Blue, okay as the day went on it started to cloud over....but only fair clouds 

I was in my local park playing badminton with my girls around 4pm, lovely times  🤗 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Very nice Monday for the most part, crept over 25 °C and plenty of blue skies until late afternoon. Clouded over towards evening and rain after dark on and off (light rain right now) but that's OK. We still need rain, I'm happier with it overnight than in the daytime!

Posted
4 hours ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Rained a bit during the night here, not sure of amounts, maybe 6 mm at most

Screenshot_20220802-062343_Rain Alarm.jpg

Lucky you....My gauge from midnight 🕛  0.5mm 🙄

And looking at the latest Models... I cant see any rain ☔️ for us now, for at least 10 days 🥴

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

This is the longest period on record ( since 1963 ), from the beginning of a year, with no thunder heard at this location. The previous record was 7 months in 2017 then thunder was heard on August 1st.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy downpours this morning, coming from the Irish sea. Unusual for this time of year. Indicates that either the air aloft is unusually cold, or the sea unusually warm, or maybe a bit of both.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Apart from 10 minutes of unregisterable drizzle on Wednesday, no rain again.