Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

IMG_2002.thumb.JPG.7185504e40e774bb0065069bd4d87106.JPGNice to see some clouds took just now 🙂

1318102493_ukwwmon.thumb.jpg.684d430c350444bb0833235a2e2a27e5.jpg517699818_tueukww.thumb.jpg.3b6c892265a62a208bbdee10251ce41c.jpg589230509_windy1700mon15.thumb.jpg.18238b607c386d51be5216725b75a82b.jpg

Monday, Tuesday still on the cards or not with the Meto warnings.

ECM Monday 5pm ligghtninnng!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just over 120 hours of sunshine here so far this month which makes it sunnier than 11 of the past 21 Augusts and we're not even half way through the month.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Just over 120 hours of sunshine here so far this month which makes it sunnier than 11 of the past 21 Augusts and we're not even half way through the month.

Yes indeed. A good August is something we'd all but forgotten. Was it maybe 2006? I'm never sure about these things. I'm always amazed that people can remember stuff. I just about hold on to the big stuff like 75 & 76, the winter of 81/82, summer 96 Dec 2010 and so on.

Anyhoo, I'm cautiously optimistic that my few days in Blackpool from the 21st, doesn't look like the usual cold, windy washout, though there's time of course!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

We had a few clouds here too this afternoon! Hottest day of this spell so far (31.9 °C) and a lovely day except for the ever yellower grass. I part company with a few on here in that while I'd be happy with a few days more of this, a few weeks will see us in serious drought and I don't want that. Overnight downpours would obviously be ideal for most of us, but frankly I'm near the tipping point at which I'd even accept another mediocre end to summer if it meant some actual green grass again.

• Like 1

Posted

Probably the last day of endless sun and hot temperatures  I hope we can at least squeeze the first rumble of the summer out, sometime in the next couple of days. After that, I'd like a return to something more settled from next weekend please.

• Like 1

Posted

Clouded over now, but it's fairly thin and still hot. Wonder if there's a chance of something overnight for us in the far North West? Not forecast, although there did look like the odd shower breaking out towards morning, on the TV forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Yes, some clouds over here too, 29.4c currently. 

Light breeze from time to time and my cat likes his frozen towels to relax on!

Posted

A max' of 30.0c here today made it the 4th highest on record in August, back to 1963, behind Aug' 2nd and 3rd 1990 and the 8th in 1975.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Max of 32.1 °C here on Sunday, so the fourth day in a row reaching 30. Very unusual indeed for this neck of the woods!

Posted

After the 4th highest max' on record in August yesterday, last night gave us the equal 6th highest August min' at 17.3c.

• Like 1

Posted

This much talked about and much needed rain looks to have evaporated again!!!

warm sunshine breaking through here just now .

the arid conditions continue ………

Posted

Reasonable amount of rain here (at least by recent standards!) on Monday. Only a few very light showers in the morning, but some slightly more persistent (though still light) rain in the afternoon and a bit more after dark. Feeling humid all day in mostly overcast conditions, with far less sunshine than for quite some while. Max only 23.1 °C, even so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Hoping for heavy rain, anything else is a bonus!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Storm moving slowly NE from Leamington is just about to clip Knowle,and miss Solihull,

However it looks as if we may just catch the edge of the rain.  😄

MIA

Posted

Just beenout..

It look as if we have a convergence zone just to the south   of us in Solihull.

Jet black to the south with some bright sky to the north.

The lower cumulus is now moving from the ENE whereas all day it has been coming from the SW.

Is this simply the storm sucking in the air in front of its path?

MIA

Posted

Horrible murky and muggy day, all the forecast storms have delivered are a few raindrops.

No thunder, no lightning, no heavy rain, and the ground is still parched.

Posted

A little rain in the last hour or so. Nothing of note, but enough to properly wet the ground, but it's dried up again now.

Looked like there might be more coming, but the radar now shows it dying out, and even splitting a little as it moves North.

Edited by davehsug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair weather, hate snow/ice. Hate rain even more.
2 hours ago, Stationary Front said:

I reckon we’ve had more than July’s total rainfall just in the last hour

Same here, it's still raining after a couple of hours. We need it though so not complaining 🙂

Posted

Steady moderate rainfall for 2 hrs in the last 3. I have recorded 6.9mms and the outside temperature is now 16.9C.

The only thing missing was the storm.But I am very happy with the steady rain.

Quite a good soaking for the lawns already and more outbreaks of rain are being forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning before it dries up again.

Still - I will not have to water the veg tomorrow, and I might well be able to pick some runners, courgettes and beetroot. The outdoor tomato plants (miniature) have cropped well and I should be picking the superb tasting  fruits from tomorrow after all the sunshine of the last week.

Only another 2 weeks until its time for the N H snow and ice thread. Yippee 🤪😄😛

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

The yellow warning for thunderstorms has expired and we have had a few bits of drizzle and light rain while it was in effect for 48 hours.... Just about enough to wet the ground but not to soak in. There hasn't been a rumble within at least 25 miles of here that I'm aware of. 

Posted
7 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

The yellow warning for thunderstorms has expired and we have had a few bits of drizzle and light rain while it was in effect for 48 hours.... Just about enough to wet the ground but not to soak in. There hasn't been a rumble within at least 25 miles of here that I'm aware of. 

Appears to be the same heree, nothing of note, and certainly not in line with the weather warnings.

Hi all, first post. 🙂 Looking forward to chatting with you all as we go into my favourite time of year.  My first winter living on the edge of the Peak District too so I am excited to see what it brings.  For now though enjoying the relief from the recent heat 🥵