Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Great weekend, especially yesterday with wall to wall sunshine and sat in the garden!  Today has been less sunny but pleasant enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Lovely day yesterday,  with a max of 15.3C

First real ground frost of the season this morning 7:20 with a minimum tempof 2C.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
12 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Lovely day yesterday,  with a max of 15.3C

First real ground frost of the season this morning 7:20 with a minimum tempof 2C.

MIA

I’m not posting about 🥶 until it gets - 0…..😁

It did feel rather chilly this morning though….first time proper 😉

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather lover and heat hater

Feels like it's going to be a chilly one tonight🥶. Another fine and warmish day preceded it again though 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes was 14c in the living room here this morning and 4c outside in the early hours this morning, a bright moon again rising over the hill in the East, I've put the Aga range on for a few hours befor I go to bed..,😬

IMG_20221011_201836.thumb.jpg.4c5c940543658dacc995c2d1e37fcde3.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Light rain here currently for past hour or so, Nights are drawing in fast now..

Temp 11c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Looks to be a dull and dreary morning out there today.  I can see a little blue sky so we’ll see if the sun manages to poke its nose through!  Temperature in my garden room is reading 13.3. 

Hmm, don't like to criticise forecasters but Met Office predicting a mild night with a low of 10c here, but its chilly and already down to 8.2c. 🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Tidal Wave said:

Hmm, don't like to criticise forecasters but Met Office predicting a mild night with a low of 10c here, but its chilly and already down to 8.2c. 🤔

seems odd, time of year now where its much warmer when wet/cloudy/windy, much colder when clear/sunny

17 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

seems odd, time of year now where its much warmer when wet/cloudy/windy, much colder when clear/sunny

Yes, I guess that because it's clear tonight it's colder.

Posted

Agree been thinking the same for past few nigjts. Crystal clear again here and temp dropping into single digits..

Temp 6.7c here

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Single digits…..you lot 🤔

Same here as you guys with clear skies …I’m at 10.8c 🥴

Posted

A beautiful day today.  We have a gentle breeze.  Sun is out with a few wispy clouds around.    

EDIT - an hour later and its clouded over completely  

Edited by Snowycat

Posted

Don’t know if anyone else had the same, but we had some real torrential rain overnight at times.  No thunder or lightening with it though.

Edited by Snowycat

Posted
3 hours ago, Snowycat said:

Don’t know if anyone else had the same, but we had some real torrential rain overnight at times.  No thunder or lightening with it though.

Not here SnowyC..

A few bits of showery rain in the evening,,,, just enough to dampen the ground,Disappointing really after some really threatening clouds at sunset. We still need a lot more rain around here.

MIA  

• Thanks 1

Posted

A good washing day here, washed all my curtains and dried them on the line ☺️ sky's have been clear all day with a nice breeze.. starting to cloud over a bit now, I'm hoping my last set will dry from our the dinning room before sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

A definite Mini Mezzo Cyclone, over here tonight...torenntial rain , very gusty winds. Was not forecast....😢

Posted

Well it was.. Never mind the charts.

Screenshot_20221016_232603_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e3d2a1575b9accf37a9782fe0402fe3e.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

69.6 hrs of sunshine here so far in October, 15 hours more than at the same point in September and already the 9th sunniest October since 2000; and still  13 days to go until the end of the month.

• Like 1

Posted

Persistent fairly heavy rain all morning so far but thankfully the wind has dropped.  16c in my garden room although I think the rain is making it feel a little colder.  The rain is what we need though as my neighbour was telling me they went to the Elan valley last week and the reservoirs are still very low. 

Posted

Yesterday started dry and bright.

But just around  10;00 the cloud and rain appeared.

Recorded a total of 16.9mms until 23;00 but it has been dry since then.

This is my heaviest rainfall since last winter. Occuring at this time of year, it started quite a bit of local flooding due to the leaf-fall at the same, which blocked many local drains.

However happy to have 2/3 of an inch of rain to help with the dry year we have had.

Mild with brief sunny intervals this  morning.

MIA

Posted
8 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yesterday started dry and bright.

But just around  10;00 the cloud and rain appeared.

Recorded a total of 16.9mms until 23;00 but it has been dry since then.

This is my heaviest rainfall since last winter. Occuring at this time of year, it started quite a bit of local flooding due to the leaf-fall at the same, which blocked many local drains.

However happy to have 2/3 of an inch of rain to help with the dry year we have had.

Mild with brief sunny intervals this  morning.

MIA

I finished with 21.3mm in the end, I forgot what puddles look like in my back garden 😁
Dry and bright today, then for tomorrow the MetO have issued a yellow weather warning ⚠️ for thunderstorms ⚡⚡⚡

Next week is looking very mild for the time of the year 17c to 18c 😊

Posted

Goodness me, it is 08.45 and it might be 20.45 with how dark it is particularly indoors.  The torrential rain has been absolutely hammering down now for almost 2 hours.  The rain is so heavy when I went out to feed my foster charges in their summerhouse pen the garden path slabs were squelching as it isn’t draining away quickly enough.  The pond overflow pipe is also struggling 😳  Don’t know how many millimetres has fallen but the cats drinking bowl, which is a large dog bowl, in their outside catio was half full and is now full up!

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 1