Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2021-22 Chat, Moans and ramps thread

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

The run up to this Xmas and Xmas day and Boxing day has to be one of the worst I've known in my lifetime!...endless grim days with drizzle or rain, I woke up at 9 this morning but easily could have been 2 or 3 hours earlier it was that dark, roll on Spring if this is all Winter has to offer! 

P.S. Other than the dire weather hope everybody is having a good one!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
27 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

14 Celsius is forecast for next Thursday in my neck of the woods. We have had cooler days than that in June. Crazy.

Not really, very common especially nowadays, 2022 to be one of warmest January's on record

Posted

Absolutely abysmal Christmas and second half of December in general. It has been dismal, wet and near constantly foggy. I can’t remember the last time I saw sun. The temperature has been up and down. It was cold yesterday and Wednesday but very mild last week and this week coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Well doing my best to scupper the up coming mild spell, been ramping it up to all my family members over the last couple of days, and it seems to be working those +10 850s we were seeing a couple of days back on the gfs are disappearing every run. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Not really, very common especially nowadays, 2022 to be one of warmest January's on record

January 2022 could quite easily turnout to be a cold month, we should all know that by now reliable time frame with computer models is at very most 5 days. 

5 days doesn't even take us up to January. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Staying cold in Latvia, despite the warm up over this way and where Stainsbloke is.

841E61A9-92D0-491E-8541-9504565B90A2.png

Yes, Latvia that much further E. Didn’t get above -5°C today, went for a nice walk in the snow. Can’t believe it’ll be +13°C next week! Crazy up and down temperatures, think climate change is showing it’s hand here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Well i can honestly say with the current awful outlook it is looking fairly certain i will be wearing my shorts all winter. Nothing even remotely cold on any model. Just hope we have a cool summer after this crap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Well i can honestly say with the current awful outlook it is looking fairly certain i will be wearing my shorts all winter. Nothing even remotely cold on any model. Just hope we have a cool summer after this crap!

Why a cool summer?! It’ll just be a continuation of the crap you’re suffering now, but a couple of degrees warmer

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Comments like this are a bit ridiculous to be honest. As stated, five days ahead doesn't even take us into January 2022 yet. We know we're in a warmer period but these write-off comments are always premature and add nothing valuable to the conversation. Just because we're in a warmer climate now doesn't mean every winter month is going to be mild and unseasonable every time. 

Just for fun, how many would have written off January 1917 as one of the warmest Januaries on record. "Winter is over"! "Another record mild January in a row, bleh!" 

image.thumb.png.5021e2905534d6a6d0f3001fc434e119.png

All light-hearted and not meaning to start arguments but it's true. And yes I know it's the moans thread, consider this a "moan". 

Posted

As ridiculous but miles more probable, as posting a wild cherry picked ensemble and saying another '63 on the way! no way

• Like 1

Posted

Meto forecasts indicates nowt for cold lovers for most of January. It'll be wet and fairly mild, as the Atlantic takes charge. If the Iberian high nudges North on occasions, drier and mild interludes will be most welcome.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Why a cool summer?! It’ll just be a continuation of the crap you’re suffering now, but a couple of degrees warmer

Because i'm a very selfish, for me hot summer equals no sleep, discomfort, feeling continually drained and ill, continuous hayfever, inability to get out even for small jobs around the garden, higher energy bills due to air con. The list is long. At  least in this weather, as unseasonal as it is most of those effects are not applicable.

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, markyo said:

Because i'm a very selfish, for me hot summer equals no sleep, discomfort, feeling continually drained and ill, continuous hayfever, inability to get out even for small jobs around the garden, higher energy bills due to air con. The list is long. At  least in this weather, as unseasonal as it is most of those effects are not applicable.

Fair enough, but you said it’s an awful outlook. A cool summer would see similar conditions, so wouldn’t it be awful too? 

Posted
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

This is Markyo we are talking about. He likes his summers at 16-21c. Anything higher is heatwave central. Lol

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

All of 2-3 weeks of hot weather in some summers.

No doubt we will get a hot spell, but nothing long lasting or more than a week or 10 days at a time, between late May and early September. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

This is Markyo we are talking about. He likes his summers at 16-21c. Anything higher is heatwave central. Lol

I do understand the dislike of heat, many people feel the same. But a cool summer would basically mean a continuation of conditions like this (just slightly warmer). A whole year of damp, grey, mild nothingness, sounds vile.

A sunny cold high would be good at this point! Hardly seen any fog at night, either

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Can't deny it's going to be very mild this week. The real question is just how high we go and how close to any records we can get. 

15-17c seems the probable range at the moment.

Aye, certainly better than horrid snowless temps of 3-6 degrees! most records in the east I feel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Can't deny it's going to be very mild this week. The real question is just how high we go and how close to any records we can get. 

Though unusually warm 15-17c wouldn't break any records, I'm sure 20'c was reached in North Wales and a couple of other places a good few years ago around New year. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Some of the date records are at risk for sure, 29th and 30th 16.1c, 31st 15.6c. At the moment the 31st looks to be the likeliest for a new record, and of course will be more notable for being New Year's Eve.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Though unusually warm 15-17c wouldn't break any records, I'm sure 20'c was reached in North Wales and a couple of other places a good few years ago around New year. 

I'm not seeing this in the torro list of extremes. Anything above 16.1c would set a new daily record from 29th December to 5th January.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

February that was

Posted
4 hours ago, markyo said:

With you on this. My girlfriend loves 30+C days, whereas i just want to hide inside and draw the curtains, i feel rotten. 16-21c and sunshine, give me this every day and i'll be happy! Even in winter, i love the prospect of snow and seasonality, but 16C in january, as yuk as it may seem, means getting outside is also a damn sight more pleasant and bearable than an icy wind on your back!

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

The run up to this Xmas and Xmas day and Boxing day has to be one of the worst I've known in my lifetime!...endless grim days with drizzle or rain, I woke up at 9 this morning but easily could have been 2 or 3 hours earlier it was that dark, roll on Spring if this is all Winter has to offer! 

P.S. Other than the dire weather hope everybody is having a good one!

Yep it couldn’t get any worse in last 2 weeks London, Heathrow has had only 1 hours of sunshine. Shocking 

hope we all had a lovely Xmas  

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1