Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2021-22 Chat, Moans and ramps thread

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Give me a February 2019, March 2012, April 2011 and May 2020 please!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

It strikes me that the most efficient approach when spotting a cold trend way out would be to make a note of the date and then come back 10 days later to see if it is still there.

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Hopefully a few people have learnt their lesson over chasing day 10 charts. I personally thought the forum has been horrible for the past couple of weeks.

Maybe after a few days off with some sober heads, the forum might come alive again.

People will never learn their lesson. Same year in year out.

Something felt very wrong about this potential spell from the outset, which is why I was so sceptical. 

I'm not annoyed about it going wrong because I had a feeling it wouldn't go right. 

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

People will never learn their lesson. Same year in year out.

Something felt very wrong about this potential spell from the outset, which is why I was so sceptical. 

I'm not annoyed about it going wrong because I had a feeling it wouldn't go right. 

Dare I ask what your thoughts are for January now CC?! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
53 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

Followed by the first half of June 2006, second half of 2005, July 2013, the first half of August 2020, and second half of 2016. At least Feb 2019 also started with a heavy snowfall here.

Maybe I should emigrate...

Posted
1 hour ago, Bradley in Kent said:

I would happily take the first few days of February 2019 but the rest of the month and the others mentioned (bar May 2020) can do one! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Followed by the first half of June 2006, second half of 2005, July 2013, the first half of August 2020, and second half of 2016. At least Feb 2019 also started with a heavy snowfall here.

Maybe I should emigrate...

It's the coldies who should emigrate......

Posted
8 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

And each one of them was followed by a mediocre to a rank summer...at least up here anyway

This is the strange thing since 2015.  The summers of 2019 and 2020 were fairy non descript overall, but featured record breaking temperatures.  It was a similar story in 2015 when the beginning of July was very hot but the rest of the summer was cool overall.  Prior to this, achieving record breaking hot temperatures in summer would take weeks to build up, whereas now it can virtually arrive overnight!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
57 minutes ago, Don said:

It's the coldies who should emigrate......

I’m a seasonie... Cold winters and hot summers. We get all the right synoptics in this country but often at the wrong time of year... Sort that out and there aren’t many other places I’d rather live.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
15 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I’m a seasonie... Cold winters and hot summers. We get all the right synoptics in this country but often at the wrong time of year... Sort that out and there aren’t many other places I’d rather live.

Yes, I think I agree with that wholeheartedly.  I dislike hot sticky sunny weather personally but when summer comes around you sort of know it will happen at some point so you just have to get on and cope with it; although the last couple of summers in parts have been OTT heat wise for me.  Summer 2020 I could cope with as although we had some uncomfortable heat at times we also had some spectacular storms which, having a large garden to look after, was acceptable as it bought well needed rain to help keep the garden plants happy and ticking over.  

Posted

With all the weeping and wailing going on at the moment I am reminded once again of the dictum of my old friend Sammy Rachevsky. "When analysing the model outputs it is far more sensible to start at day zero and work out, than day ten and work back."

• Like 5

Posted
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

With all the weeping and wailing going on at the moment I am reminded once again of the dictum of my old friend Sammy Rachevsky. "When analysing the model outputs it is far more sensible to start at day zero and work out, than day ten and work back."

Day 10? Day 16 it is usually..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very changeable here in Prague. Was freezing all day yesterday but then it started warming up and began raining late in the evening and it has poured all night. Wind is strong and it’s mild at 8°C. Big temperature variations to come over the next couple of days, should be interesting. Tomorrow will go from 6°C to -6°C with rain turning to snow, then Boxing Day sees a high of -4°C by day and down to -11°C overnight! Back to mild and wet later next week. 

F7D63DFD-CE43-497F-9B32-A4BD45CF7956.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

To be honest could not be worse for coldies in the neXT ten days. Uncle Barty is going to spoil the party ........ Just remember folks that this is normal for British islands. Going to do some research over the weeks ahead on how mild Winters have been in the past especially at this time of year, so don't be fooled by the scaremongering and brainwashing of the Mediatic Fish on climate change etc......

ecmt850.168-8.png

h850t850eu-44.webp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Can someone message the Express and tell them a mildbomb is coming, that’s normally a deathknell of a cold spell. Seriously how have we ended up with this with the charts we were looking at last weekend. Christmas 2015 redux. Only positive I can get from that was we did some how manage a day or so of snow around about 6/7th or January in these parts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Snow warnings issued for parts of Northern England and Southern Scotland on Sunday

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Posted

I think we all know that the most important thing about the weather at Christmas is that it is cold enough to chill champagne, wine and beer outside in order to save precious fridge space.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

just to bring some cheer..its been the snowiest December here since 2010 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms

How about us doing a chase for the highest temperature record going in January 2022? The pattern will then probably reverse and we get our snow/cold ❄ ☃️⛄. It seems like whatever we want we never get lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jvenge said:

I think we all know that the most important thing about the weather at Christmas is that it is cold enough to chill champagne, wine and beer outside in order to save precious fridge space.

Hmm, think that fridge might be needed come New Years Eve......

Posted
10 minutes ago, The4Seasons said:

How about us doing a chase for the highest temperature record going in January 2022? The pattern will then probably reverse and we get our snow/cold ❄ ☃️⛄. It seems like whatever we want we never get lol. 

Go on then, how about 21C in London on the 10th.  Hopefully I will be 25C too high!!

• Like 1