Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2021-22 Chat, Moans and ramps thread

damianslaw

Posted
8 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Unti meto and ECM agree it's all fantasy hope casting. We should all take heed...

It’s Christmas, nothing wrong with a bit of hopecasting. After all, I think that’s what most on this thread were doing last week!

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, mathematician said:

What's so awesome to have double digits in winter !?! It's beyond me how people can appreciate this crappy weather

It's what some people like I guess, like how some prefer cool and wet weather in summer. Personally I prefer it being cool throughout the year but appreciate the sunny days. Summer 2015 was a good one. A cold, sunny winter with a few days of snow is what I wish for, though our climate just doesn't provide that often

Posted
53 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

It’s Christmas, nothing wrong with a bit of hopecasting. After all, I think that’s what most on this thread were doing last week!

Well no..too many got led on by boom posts n cherry picked charts. For UK meto and ECM are the ones to follow ..until there is agreement with meto n ecm it's fantasy

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just looking at Q1 La Nina’s with a December above 6C and we get 1955, 1972, 1975, 1989 and 2012.

9 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Just looking at Q1 La Nina’s with a December above 6C and we get 1955, 1972, 1975, 1989 and 2012.

Three decent summers following Dec 75, 89 & 2012. Also I think summer 1956 was good? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 hour ago, feb1991blizzard said:

And until you've got me saying 'ECM & GFS analysis chart is a stonker!' or 'Netweather PPN type radar is a stonker', take everything with a pinch of salt.

Can I add "@t+24".

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
29 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Well no..too many got led on by boom posts n cherry picked charts. For UK meto and ECM are the ones to follow ..until there is agreement with meto n ecm it's fantasy

Aye, ignore ensemble cherry picked charts, pure fantasy and low res

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
14 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Three decent summers following Dec 75, 89 & 2012. Also I think summer 1956 was good? 

Summer 1956, one of the worst summers of the 20th century, in the league of 1912, 1922, 1954 and many of the '80s summers. Noted particularly for a cold, stormy end to July and an extremely cool and wet August with September being warmer than it. Also, December 1989 didn't have a CET above 6, it was 4.9.

Posted
On 25/12/2021 at 21:57, Smartie said:

Well quite frankly the chase for cold charts is all part of the fun so those people posting charts, cherry picked or not are free to do so & to those posters I say keep doing what you're doing, you make this thread a fun place to be. 

Spot on if u don’t like it then leave 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

Summer 1956, one of the worst summers of the 20th century, in the league of 1912, 1922, 1954 and many of the '80s summers. Noted particularly for a cold, stormy end to July and an extremely cool and wet August with September being warmer than it. Also, December 1989 didn't have a CET above 6, it was 4.9.

Oh god it was awful wasn’t it. I just looked Heathrow only had 5days of 25c in the entire summer all in July with a max of just 28C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Oh god it was awful wasn’t it. I just looked Heathrow only had 5days of 25c in the entire summer all in July with a max of just 28C 

As a lover of cool & fresh air, I'd happily take it! 

• Like 1

Posted

Hopecasting... absolutely,  none of us are weather men or women here , or we would have a job in the industry.  Instead we sit on here wishing for some cold winter charts . Hope....... absolutely...... always cling to hope 

Bring on the next crazy chart from the pub run 

Posted
2 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Hopecasting... It's Xmas...?? Yep that's what the forum is all about !!! 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Those are the rolled forward years so you are looking at summers 72 and 12 Vs 75, 89 and 55.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
2 hours ago, jellybaby1969 said:

?? Being a realist doesn't suit ??

In this forum it’s not suitable to be a realist you become very unpopular however if you can cherry pick charts and post them with what people want to hear you’ll be rising very rapidly I noticed

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Coldest morning of the winter so far by a long shot, here, brrr  But forecast to be 13°C by Friday, crazy

840D09D6-4413-4C88-8F2F-DFBCC93C706C.png

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 18:02, DCee said:

Looks like the HP induced cold weather is reserved for Eastern Europe. Maybe squeeze in one last northerly before the Atlantic kicks in again. So a dry mild Christmas period followed by a wet January. The pattern will likely repeat again. Looks like it's an Eastern Europe affair in respect to cold weather this winter.

Posted on 11 December and the most accurate forecast on netweather for the month ahead.

You are welcome.

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Coldest morning of the winter so far by a long shot, here, brrr  But forecast to be 13°C by Friday, crazy

840D09D6-4413-4C88-8F2F-DFBCC93C706C.png

We’ve now decided from next year, we will go back to Latvia for Christmas, or at the very least the new year. I’ll call in sick if I have to, if I still find myself in a job that doesn’t allow me to have time off in between Christmas and new year.

I’m fed up of having a dull boring Christmas, although last years was cold and sunny, but seeing the snowy scenes of my partner’s family home, makes me crave the snowy conditions even more.

If covid is still here next winter, we will take our chances. Not sitting in London again for another festive period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

14 Celsius is forecast for next Thursday in my neck of the woods. We have had cooler days than that in June. Crazy.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91