Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 11/12/21

phil nw.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

I doubt it mate. This is likely the way forward now. 

Way too early to be this confident. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! It took a while but now it's finally in!

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
7 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

IThere was an event I think January 2013 whereby south east England received a good covering with uppers around -3  as a south east draw was bringing in sub zero dew points and tm2

Marginal conditions are always tricky for snow.I recall the midlands getting snowfall a few years ago with -2/-3c uppers.I guess evaporate cooling is also a factor in some conditions.Of course coastal conditions are at risk to warming of the lower layers off the sea.So many factors but in the right conditions quite modest uppers can deliver given other factors are favourable.

Edited by phil nw.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The problem is - this run is virtually perfect, so there’s no chance of maintaining or beating this run in the days ahead!

Prepare for some wobbles along the way, it’ll,probably be midweek before we can start being confident. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS

Oh my goodness I can’t contain myself . Been busy last hour so just caught up and wow . Boom boom shake the room ❤️❤️❤️❤️

9A5EF21F-7398-4643-8120-CC303AC9085C.png

AE62EFB9-8B57-4E0F-9FDF-C308419F6015.png

44A1E8A9-EF36-4826-BF27-2F3253EF7866.png

DF9C15CE-5F68-4C74-A57B-DD10A70EADCE.png

3A645C38-91D0-480C-8013-13F5CBD73FD2.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
12 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

The more I look the more I dislike the UKMO. That nose of high pressure coming out of Belgium and France worries me greatly. 

Don’t dislike.  You need to look at the ‘progress’…..because at t120 the isobar is 1025, at t144 it’s 1015….it isn’t nosing out, it’s dropping in pressure

BFTP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

With all due respect my friend this is technically incorrect. The most important factor is the 850hPa to surface sounding profile. Uppers can be 0C but if this profile remains at or below 0C precipitation will fall as snow. This especially possible on the coast when an offshore wind is present, which prevents a surface warm layer eating away at the conducive sounding.

As has happened before across low lying areas of the South West

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 16/12/2021 at 16:41, Kasim Awan said:

With all due respect my friend this is technically incorrect. The most important factor is the 850hPa to surface sounding profile. Uppers can be 0C but if this profile remains at or below 0C precipitation will fall as snow. This especially possible on the coast when an offshore wind is present, which prevents a surface warm layer eating away at the conducive sounding.

In that set up on Wednesday, snow will not fall down here. It may do over higher ground, but not close to or at sea level.

• Like 2

Posted

Ok, apologies for the slightly inopportune timing here, but needs must, so locking this and starting a fresh thread:

Edited by Paul