Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

17 minutes ago, danm said:

That should be our lot now in NE London, the band has almost moved past us. 14cm’s/5.5 inches then looks to be our max depth. If you told me that 5 hours ago I wouldn’t have believed you. 

yes we done really well what a evening to remember 😊

• Like 2

Posted

Not been outside yet as struck down with a severe cold but there’s probably 5-7cms level snow here in Hampstead - far more likely on the Heath. Thought we’d be too far NW for this kind of snowfall but very satisfied. Heaviest fall for me in either here or Cambridge since 2018! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Almost midnight and still snowing in Central London. 5 hours of snow! Very satisfied! 😁

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
7 hours ago, Dazzer6666 said:

Had around 2.5 hours of persistent snow in Mid Sussex (Burgess Hill) after a few mins of freezing rain initially, now seems to be easing off with maybe 3-4cm lying.  Temp hasn't been above freezing all day. 

I'm just down the road in Hassocks and just over 5cm in my street (tape measure verified). 9cm plus near the top of the south downs when I went up there earlier.

• Like 1

Posted

finally seems to have stopped here in SE18, roads are absolutely atrocious, cars stuck all over and buses stopped running a few hours ago. no gritters used by greenwich council that i can see and total depth of 5 inches. this is definitely on a par with 2010 here and it's going to be mayhem in the morning daylight if it's all frozen over during the night time 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

One lousy cm here just north of Colchester! Think it's time for bed. Can hear melt water pouring off the trees outside my front door. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
Just now, DJ Fart said:

One lousy cm here just north of Colchester! Think it's time for bed. Can hear melt water pouring off the trees outside my front door. 

Don't left off a Fart DJ, it'll melt it more!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

One thing I noticed is no gritters noticed on my route....but then again, it is a Sunday!!...overtime rates?

Posted

14cm here in Barnet is crazy. The most we've had since the streamer event of Feb 2009 and far far more than I was expecting from this system.

The roads are atrocious and have seen many cars stranded on small country roads out by Potters Bar. Going to be a long night for them.

• Like 3