Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Year where has this fog come from???. It was lovely up until half hour ago when suddenly the dreaded low cloud moved in, the breeze got up and now the fog..

Why cant we just have a day of complete sunshine with the winter wonderland look...

Posted
44 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Year where has this fog come from???. It was lovely up until half hour ago when suddenly the dreaded low cloud moved in, the breeze got up and now the fog..

Why cant we just have a day of complete sunshine with the winter wonderland look...

Same here. It's gone all misty now. It was lovely and sunny a short time ago 😟

Posted

First ice-day for me for several years, temps only dropped to -1.6c last night and peaked at -0.1c about 30mins ago, they are sliding downward again, I love it but these old houses are bloody freezing! 

Ps Snow in garden hasn’t melted at all which has helped 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Incredibly cold mid-December day out there, - my thermometer currently showing -0.2c...I'm sure if there was some precip about the 'Riviera' would find a way of snatching rain rather than anything else from such a cold day. 😁

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just been out for a first post snow walk round the garden. It's such a treat to have thick crunchy snow 3 days after the event. Garden is peaceful and the afternoon light adds to the tranquility 

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Fir, Bench, Furniture, Conifer, Spruce, Nature, Outdoors

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Snow just about clinging on.   On tops of cars  Still raw mind you  Could contain: Outdoors, Weather, Nature, City, Car, Vehicle, Person, Road, Street, Urban

Quite common in London to have little lying snow in or near the centre and lots still lying in the suburbs. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well I honestly thought we would get above zero with the sun being out today but we only got to -0.6 and as at 2.45 has already dropped to -1.2 so actually colder than yesterday..If it stays clear tonight I reckon we could challenge the coldest night of this spell which was Sunday morning when we hit -5 exactly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

With a clear, calm night then temps could drop to -8 - -10 over any areas with snow cover. Not with this mist though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

With a clear, calm night then temps could drop to -8 - -10 over any areas with snow cover. Not with this mist though?

Hoping this low cloud/mist will clear...seems to be a clearer slot just north of us according to sat 24 if i am reading it correctly...

Could contain: Rock, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Sea

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Temperatures are shooting up here since the fog rolled in. Was -1.9 until about 2pm now -0.4 and rising. Hope it clears soon and we aren't robbed of an ice day.

Yes, when i saw that first small patch of low cloud moving in i just knew that was it...within an hour leaden grey skies...why is this happening?. Doesnt appear to.be coming off the sea as far as i can tell..our temp was - 1.5 before the cloud now also -0.4 and rising....so frustrating..😖

Posted
2 hours ago, weirpig said:

Snow just about clinging on.   On tops of cars  Still raw mind you  Could contain: Outdoors, Weather, Nature, City, Car, Vehicle, Person, Road, Street, Urban

Hi weirpig, since when have you been living in Kensington? 😮 Did the lotto numbers come in? 😉 Only kidding I’m surprised thought London wouldn’t been your thing. Hope you’ve settled in nicely!

Back to weather absolutely Baltic today in Docklands a maximum of -0.4 C colder than forecast despite winter sunshine, the first ice day of cold spell… these are exceptionally rare in inner London. 

Snow still holding on here quite well here very icy and treacherous though…

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

In my location i will only remember this as a cold frosty spell, nothing more, such a shame. Still at least its nice to have cold weather in winter.

Posted

This is the met office forecast for London and Se this evening...

This Evening and Tonight:

Cloudy and breezy at first with further wintry showers possible for coastal Kent. Long clear spells developing inland allowing another sharp frost to form. Perhaps the odd rural freezing fog patch. Minimum temperature -6 °C.

Lets hope it is correct and this cloud goes. The BBC on the other hand talk of low cloud becoming more widespread tonite in se ...so what will it be...think i know..☹️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Just had a very light snow shower here, fresh flakes on bin lids etc.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

Seems to be snowing here just a little bit right now - not much, mind.
Very small flakes and not a huge amount of them.

If the radar is anything to go by, hopefully this is just a preview.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
12 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

In terms of an IMBY, this cold spell gets 3-4. Lack of snow! 2010 and 2018 were something else!

Could contain: Tree Trunk, Tree, Sunset, Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Silhouette, Flare, Road, Scenery

Could contain: Tree Trunk, Tree, Plant, Road, Path, Outdoors, Fir, Spire, Nature, Silhouette

Never ceases to amaze how in such a small country how different the weather can be.. this is our garden this morning, barely got above freezing today, the snow hasn't melted since it fell (-:

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Ice, Chair, Desk, Tree, Frost, Vegetation

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

My last day off before the thaw so made the most of it with a trip to Waddesdon, it’s been absolutely stunning and amazing to see so much snow cover still ❄️ patchy fog and another cold night 

Could contain: Building, Architecture, Housing, House, Manor

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Road, Ice, Tarmac, Highway, Freeway, Frost, Snow

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Fir, Pine, Conifer, Spruce

• Like 4