Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
21 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

A decent enough covering in Ely for a time last night (probably around 3-4cm) but by morning has melted away on any pavements. Currently spitting with rain/sleet. 

Yesterday had to endure a day of wet snizzle/sleet which was frustrating but to be expected this time of year! 

It says a lot though that a temp splatttering of 3-4cm which has mostly melted by morning in Ely has been the highlight of the winter snow wise... lol roll on spring  

Had a patchy couples of centimetres here in Cambridge from about 5-8pm last night when it really came down heavy. Still there this morning, but it's now raining and it's all long gone. Back to washout weather!

Posted

Had a slight covering last night with our official weather station RAF Wittering reporting 3cm. This morning what started out as light rain/sleet has turned to heavy snow. Expecting this to turn to rain around lunchtime onwards.

This cold spell might not be anything special but its pretty decent in my location for the time of year.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

The one thing that has been missing from our location has been sun for weeks! Is there a sun recording website anyone knows of?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Could contain: Tree, Outdoors, Garden, Nature, Shelter, Walkway, Person, Backyard, Boat, NeighborhoodStill snowing at home. Nothing more than a dusting but nice to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well it's still snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

I don't think anyone north of London will agree with this being over hyped after today . This time it's London's turn to here about snow causing problems while sitting there wondering what all the hype is about.

Not in colchester..

Sleet all day yesterday after a few flakes early hrs.

Rain all morning..

It is what it is 😃 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
11 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Is that simply because you only had a fartful in Essex DJ Fart?

Mid December I had snow "covering" for a week!! Today a few CMs...can't complain IMBY but understand why others would when it doesn't go the way we dream of.

Yes and no. I'm disappointed IMBY, but not surprised.  I never saw anything more than what we got, but it feels like people are desperate to join in with whatever they have. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

All this steady continuous rainfall is good news going intothe dry season at least.

• Like 1

Posted

Rain looking a bit sleety. It's 2.7. But it's basically a cold wet miserable day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The snow has been fairly heavy for the last hour or so, however it is still struggling to settle. 
It is likely that the precipitation will consist entirely of rain by this afternoon as less cold air pushes north.

image.thumb.gif.524fc447bf01a456a4051b091d4b785b.gif

We will see the cold air return tomorrow, but I don’t know how much of an impact that a strengthening wind off the north will have in terms of limiting snowfall as the cold air comes back.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Nothing but horrible cold rain here this morning, with a little sleet mixed in at times. Nice to see others further north in the Midlands getting a good covering overnight. For me personally, there's no snow envy now as it's March, I'd like it to warm up, and whatever they have up there (away from high ground) will likely turn into a slushy mess as the day goes on. 

If it were a month or two earlier, i'd be having plenty of snow envy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Pouring down here this morning with rain. Massive puddles everywhere. Yuck 🤢 

• Like 3

Posted

So tomorrow afternoon for another sleet/slush fest and then possibly more on Tuesday night - oh and some noticeable winds tomorrow and Sunday into Monday.  I guess it is not dull even though it feels that way.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
27 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Pouring down here this morning with rain. Massive puddles everywhere. Yuck 🤢 

It's only raining lightly here, Mark. And, as it's only 4C, it's not a nice day at all! 🤢

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Snowy clips from yesterday - miserable outside at the mo

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Worth popping over to the Midlands “have a look at what you could have won” thread for some nice photos.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Worth popping over to the Midlands “have a look at what you could have won” thread for some nice photos.

I love the way ess than an inch in and around London made it the top story on the BBC News website whereas much more today but elsewhere in the country and it is a footnote....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

...and the sun has just made an appearance, here! It's 8.8 degrees with a gentle westerly breeze. We had about 5mm of rain this morning, but over 25 mm (an inch) over the last couple of days, so the ground is pretty saturated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, m1chaels said:

I love the way ess than an inch in and around London made it the top story on the BBC News website whereas much more today but elsewhere in the country and it is a footnote....

Nonsense it's all the national news is talking about Frist before moving on to everything else.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The last sad looking patches of snow left from yesterday's 3 inches that fell,  taken when I got up this morning, now nearly all gone. The worst kind of weather this morning, grey, cold and raining. Though temp is steadily rising, 6C now.

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Weather, Garden, Chair, Furniture, Bear, Wildlife

Edited by Nick F

Posted
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Nonsense it's all the national news is talking about Frist before moving on to everything else.

BBC News website, top story is currently about some over entitled, overpaid presenter who thinks he is above the rules.  Snow and Ice live is in right hand 'other stories not important enough to warrant a photo' column.  Yesterday snow and ice was the main top left most space on the pave story.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

This has to be the worst after ssw effect we have ever had you would think it would affect the whole country not the usual suspects up north.so depressing would rather spring had come early.

• Like 2