Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
On 01/09/2023 at 17:38, Vortex3929 said:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

It never happened where I was in Bexley but came back to other job in leybourne and was same..within 24hrs it was dry and as I was digging with machine 2 inches down it was still dust which I guess is why  we need  prolonged light rain instead of ' booosh'..does not  soak in at all ..vicious circle ..earth here is dry ..proper 😞

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
13 minutes ago, TN9 said:

It never happened where I was in Bexley but came back to other job in leybourne and was same..within 24hrs it was dry and as I was digging with machine 2 inches down it was still dust which I guess is why  we need  prolonged light rain instead of ' booosh'..does not  soak in at all ..vicious circle ..earth here is dry ..proper 😞

Very true buddy. It seems we either have nothing, or everything at once.  Leybourne IIRC is rural? Used to walk through Leybourne on way to west malling (Ryarsh?). Pretty area but like you say, baked ground just runs off the rain. Definitely need steady rain to soak through 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very abroad vibes out there. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Vortex3929 said:

Very true buddy. It seems we either have nothing, or everything at once.  Leybourne IIRC is rural? Used to walk through Leybourne on way to west malling (Ryarsh?). Pretty area but like you say, baked ground just runs off the rain. Definitely need steady rain to soak through 👍

I'm right by old leybourne Grange hospital ..if you can remember that ..leybourne chase now ..but the ground is dry very dry ..I'm not making s song or dance of it..it really  is ..I'm not talking water tables etc etc but top side is arid 

Edited by TN9

Posted

Got a family party here tomorrow. Absolutely chuffed that it happens to be on one of the hottest September days on record. For once I don't want a storm here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The high cloud has thickened up this evening which is preventing temperatures from falling away like they have most nights, still 27c after reaching 29c this afternoon.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Step forward Cavendish, Suffolk, as the hottest location in the UK today. I've recorded the fact in the Regional Stats thread:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
18 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Step forward Cavendish, Suffolk, as the hottest location in the UK today. I've recorded the fact in the Regional Stats thread:

A good chance that we could see similar tomorrow and Sunday, in fact we could walk away from this spell with the highest temperature this year. 
A bit of breeze would be nice though, unfortunately we are not likely to get that away from the coasts.

• Like 1

Posted

Holy molly it's hot 23 degrees at 22.50 in September that has to be a night time record surely for the time of year 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
4 hours ago, TN9 said:

I'm right by old leybourne Grange hospital ..if you can remember that ..leybourne chase now ..but the ground is dry very dry ..I'm not making s song or dance of it..it really  is ..I'm not talking water tables etc etc but top side is arid 

I do remember!!! I remember sneaking into the hospital buildings with my then gf and walking up the main drive/entrance on a hot summer day back around the v early 2000s. Abandoned of course which made it such a creepy eerie place. The driveway entrance leading up to some building (reception perhaps??) reminded me of resident evil haha.. wow.. memories ❤️ also found old patient records and the logs.. well! I couldn't possibly write them here. WAY too disturbing

Possibly some rain Tuesday going by the fax T120 cold front heralding the change to cooler and fresher weather. We'll see if it softens the ground or runs off again. 

Posted

A low of 18c, a much warmer night but it starts off clear. We are still looking good to push for the highest temperature during this spell.

So far Wittering (nearest station to Peterborough) has recorded 28c, 27c, 27c, 30c and 29c since Monday. Not bad for September.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Wow what a sparkling and lovely start to the day. Crystal clear skies and gone is the high level cloud of yesterday. 

On a stag do today that kicks of a 12 so need to be careful with the hydration , especially as we are going on one of those beer bike things later on .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

So far 23 at 9:00 Langdon not updated for 10 yet. So I guess by the time I get back to my phone, got something to do, will be giving the 11:00 temps.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Already registering at 32.5C imby. Local weather station registering 31.2. 🥵

3 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wow what a sparkling and lovely start to the day. Crystal clear skies and gone is the high level cloud of yesterday. 

On a stag do today that kicks of a 12 so need to be careful with the hydration , especially as we are going on one of those beer bike things later on .

I'm overheating just thinking about a beer bike in this heat 🤣🤣

Have fun and yes, stay hydrated 💧 

Posted

Made it to 30c but there is cloud bubbling up north of Cambridge at the moment. Not sure how high temperatures will get here and of course whether any showers develop.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Provisionally the hottest day of the year.

🥵

Screenshot_20230909_143442_X.thumb.jpg.2b97ce38906c16c5b6fd28fb2b86feb4.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
35 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Provisionally the hottest day of the year.

🥵

Screenshot_20230909_143442_X.thumb.jpg.2b97ce38906c16c5b6fd28fb2b86feb4.jpg

It was 33c and the thermometer carried on increasing to that at 1.30pm when I arrived in Dartford my cars rarely ever more than 1c too high so 33c easily will be reached here and there by the looks of it another hour of potential heating to go likely

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

High cloud is rolling in, sun has disappeared.

Summers over.

😉

Posted

How often do you sit in the garden with a fan due to the lack of any breeze. Nothing is stirring here not even the bamboo. 

Posted

Reached 32c this afternoon, making it the hottest day of the year in my location.

Tomorrow looking a little frustrating, we could reach 32c by early afternoon but cloud looks likely to bubble up, yet it seems like the shower risk is pretty low still with the action further north and west. In the end it could end up being the worst of both worlds by not getting what could be some severe storms but also miss out on another sunny day.