Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Very foggy start to the season here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Grey, cool and damp to start the new season.

Posted

Feels and looks like first day of Spring. Awoke to a white frosty scene and clear blue skies. Fells look resplendent. Sunshine and light winds but taking a while to warm up current temp 4.6 degrees a note it is just the 1 March still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Hopefully one of the worst days of the season today.

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer8906 said:

Hopefully one of the worst days of the season today.

Give it time. This time of year's not exactly renowned for 'good' weather, but I'm confident we will see some warmer and drier conditions appearing in the weeks to come, especially if winds switch to southeasterly.

It's funny, sat24 looks like a view from days in summer 2021 - clear skies across the northwest and a blanket of cloud straddling the southeastern half of the country. Hopefully not an omen for the summer to come...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
Just now, MP-R said:

Give it time. This time of year's not exactly renowned for 'good' weather, but I'm confident we will see some warmer and drier conditions appearing in the weeks to come, especially if winds switch to southeasterly.

That was kind-of my point. If today is one of the worst days of the season, then most days will be better!

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer8906 said:

That was kind-of my point. If today is one of the worst days of the season, then most days will be better!

Well can't vouch for April or May yet  but something half way between the last two years would suffice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It's been a glorious start to March here. Very frosty this morning, but sunshine and blue skies all day, and a balmy 9 degrees! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Spring used to follow Winter, it now follows Autumn  

• Like 2

Posted

What an awful winter it has been. The last snowfall we had was in late November. Some frosts in January but that was it. If the late November snowfall didn't happen I'd have to place Winter 2021/22 with 2013/14 and 2019/20, both being the most mundane, nondescript winters I've experienced.  February 2022 was the mildest for 20 years, terrible winter month. 

Hopefully Spring 2022 will have more seasonal weather, whether it be snow or sun I wont mind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

3 days of rain coming up for my location, really is the worst setup, kinda better in a way with full on zonal and named storms, not for all locations but for mine mostly true

Posted
1 hour ago, Frigid said:

What an awful winter it has been. The last snowfall we had was in late November. Some frosts in January but that was it. If the late November snowfall didn't happen I'd have to place Winter 2021/22 with 2013/14 and 2019/20, both being the most mundane, nondescript winters I've experienced.  February 2022 was the mildest for 20 years, terrible winter month. 

Hopefully Spring 2022 will have more seasonal weather, whether it be snow or sun I wont mind. 

Yes not a winter to remember for cold and snow, disposable.

Quite a mixed spring going by this forecast and quite different to the last two, 2020 being very dry sunny and warm, 2021 cold and wet at times. Instead a season with distinct dry wet warm and cold spells.

• Like 1

Posted

Right on time. 1st day of meteorological spring and guess what the wind direction was today

Easterly of course as soon as spring arrives

You couldn't make it up could you

Today

image.thumb.png.dac58c841836f9ae35dc970af0b6a997.pngimage.thumb.png.7a96d85be2eb3f38a71564c47c648c87.png

A much more tame affair compared to the one 4 years ago on this same date however

image.thumb.png.56b1c0841dacaba05ba648f21d12b29b.pngimage.thumb.png.98948923bc109b20d66d2e8604ea3335.png

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

3 days of rain coming up for my location, really is the worst setup, kinda better in a way with full on zonal and named storms, not for all locations but for mine mostly true

Have faith. I think if we get all the wet and damp stuff mixed with some cold out of the way, come mid to late March we will see some warmth. 

I’m going for a slow burner advance into spring this year though, and perhaps a slightly wetter one, so think it will be May before we see a prolonged sunny warm spell. 

2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Yes not a winter to remember for cold and snow, disposable.

Quite a mixed spring going by this forecast and quite different to the last two, 2020 being very dry sunny and warm, 2021 cold and wet at times. Instead a season with distinct dry wet warm and cold spells.

1994 was like that. Cold and warm in March, and some warm spells in April in between some cold wet days. But, May 1994 was cold and damp. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Have faith. I think if we get all the wet and damp stuff mixed with some cold out of the way, come mid to late March we will see some warmth. 

I’m going for a slow burner advance into spring this year though, and perhaps a slightly wetter one, so think it will be May before we see a prolonged sunny warm spell. 

1994 was like that. Cold and warm in March, and some warm spells in April in between some cold wet days. But, May 1994 was cold and damp. 

Led into a very thundery summer and often very warm one. We were on the cusp of some exceptional heat but just missed out. I went to Majorca in July and it was over 40 degrees. Too hot for me and I burnt all of my shoulders and top back! 

Posted

Fed up of seeing stupid snow showing now. We all know it isn't going to happen! Just sod off and bring us some warm sunshine thanks

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Fed up of seeing stupid snow showing now. We all know it isn't going to happen! Just sod off and bring us some warm sunshine thanks

I'm fed up with the rain this week!

Posted
19 minutes ago, Don said:

I'm fed up with the rain this week!

Anything involving cloud and i'm fed up so i'm with you!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A beautiful few early spring days here in Prague. Sunny, cool days and very cold nights (got down to -6°C last night and forecast to drop to -7°C tonight). Air quality could be better, though.

Posted

Please god now it's spring, please tell me that we aren't going to get 'anything' from the direction of russia??   I want warm now

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Anything involving cloud and i'm fed up so i'm with you!

That said, I wouldn't complain if involving cloud meant something white falling out of it!