Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted
22 minutes ago, Don said:

That said, I wouldn't complain if involving cloud meant something white falling out of it! 

Oh yes yes!! I'm with you again hahaha

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Argh how much longer til we get out first taste of warmth and clear sky...That said, my grass is looking very green

• Like 1

Posted

Winter cold in spring again, don't bet against it, despite the models making a pigs ear of deciding if it's going to happen or not. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

March is very often the first month which feels genuinely warm here.  Last year we had our first 20°C at the end of the month.  Here's hoping we see a significant improvement in the weather soon.  In like a lion and out like a lamb as they say!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Easterly or not once you get to March we're not guaranteed any serious cold weather, the sun is getting stronger now and it could give us some pleasant weather away from chilly East coast. 

As we head towards April I always look to North for any wintry weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I think people tend to have their expectations a little too high, by expecting the weather to suddenly turn warm and sunny as soon as March arrives. 

You wouldn't expect the weather to suddenly become cool and unsettled as soon as September arrives. As much as I am looking forward to some nice pleasant warm days, we are only in early March and we all know how erratic it can be as a month. In fact, it isn't unusual for March to be colder than December at times, despite the difference in daylight hours.

We are only at the very beginning of spring, so there is plenty of time yet. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

already had 3 warm days here. But now it's back to miserable cloud because nature can't give us too much warmth other it will be "unbalanced"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Its a bit grey and drizzly today, but not actually all that cold. I would expect this kind of weather at this time, as its very early spring/late winter still, so I cant really complain.

That said it was very nice over the weekend and more of the same wouldnt go amiss.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Never really looked forward to spring arriving, that was until I decided to transform the back garden into a wildlife friendly one, now I can't wait for spring to get going every year. Already had hedgehogs visiting the garden although with our winters getting warmer some don't even hibernate at all! 

I love cold & snow but do I want the possible cold weather later next week to come off, not really, at this time of year that weather type can have a devastating impact on wildlife,  I can't wait for a hp cell to plonk itself just to our south east pumping up southerly winds!

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well, as a football secretary for a club at Step 5 in the Non League system- the dryish winter did me a favour. We only lost 1 league game at home in Saltash due to weather and that was after the wet spell of the weekend of 7th and 8th January. Weirdly no other pitch inspections which is very very rare!

Away we've not been so bad either, only loosing 19th February away at Street- but that was Eunice weekend in the league, and Buckland (Newton Abbot) in league cup on 16th February.

We've started Spring and the rearrangement at Street has gone already last night! We do seem fated with Street this season- the home game was P-P due to a medical incident before the game and the air ambulance landing on the pitch!

All in all- that middle of February period was clearly the worse period of our winter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Any signs or spring? Chasing easterlies that fail 90 percent of the time is becoming just plain tedious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Bradowl said:

Easterly or not once you get to March we're not guaranteed any serious cold weather, the sun is getting stronger now and it could give us some pleasant weather away from chilly East coast. 

Mmm disagree, March can pack a cold wintry punch despite the warming sunshine and lengthening days just like September can still produce notable heat. There is a shift at the tail end I agree, when the clocks go forward and the sun does start to have some significant strength to it, but its not until April I feel the chances of cold begin to ebb away firmly. Northerlies in March in particular pack the same cold punch as in the depths of winter, the arctic takes a long time to heat up. Easterlies fade in strength through the month but can still bring significant cold. Cyclonic low pressure overhead in March feels every bit as cold as in January.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowing quite heavily here this morning, the ‘it’s spring’ memo obviously got lost somewhere 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

-8 this morning which is about 3-4 degrees colder than the average night at the beginning of march, but it's a lot of strenght in the sun with a temperature raise of 4c in just one hour 

Yep.png.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

It's been a cold ,dreary dull Winter.  Okay not very cold, but nowadays for me combined with the long dark nights ,Winter for me starts in November.  Okay now we are into March the days are much lighter ,the sun stronger, but the cold is still here. But it's been cold dull and damp this week , so had not benefit of a stronger sun, and with the projected synoptic pattern ,it looks more of the same dull Winter like regime. And as for the forecasting models and long range forecasts here's my answer. ......

download-3.jpeg

images.jpeg

download-2.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

spring is still a good month away here...its been snowing constantly for 36 hrs and have had a good 25-30cm of fresh snowfall temp hovering around -12c throughout..i really do dislike March here..always seems to be colder than average and often snowy. Desperate for spring but computer says no..here have another 4-6 weeks of winter instead.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Today panned out much better than expected with some quite lengthy sunny spells and indeed felt pleasantly warm for my lunchtime walk. Spring off to a reasonably good start here at least.

• Like 1

Probably an unpopular post (I don’t actually care) but after just receiving my new gas and electricity tariffs I hope that I never see another frost, cold spell or flake for snow again….my annual bill has gone by the cost of a week in the alps for two (where at least snow would be guaranteed) 

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
On 03/03/2022 at 10:14, Bradowl said:

Never heard so much garbage.March has proven it can match any of the biggest winter snowfalls and  capable of temperatures of -23 deg in Scotland mid month and - 16 degrees in England in the 3rd week.If you happened to be around in March 1962,1965,1970,1975,1987,1996 and 2006 you may think differently and  you must obviously must have been out of the country in 2013 and 2018 as am sure no one else has forgotten those two Marches,not to forget the famous 1947 where here in the Pennines high on the hills not only was it colder than 1962 and 2013 but was a 'Subzero' month!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

absolutely freezing out there today, i'm so glad i'm going to Dubai in a few days time to finally feel proper warmth again and not this ridiculous cold weather. 

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully March is looking good at this range, no unseasonable heat, just a normal mixture, lets hope April follows suit. The longer the vile heat is kept at bay the better.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had my annual review through also, shocking increase, my gas bill(heating only) has gone up to £18.65 a month for the next 12 months!!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

Just had my annual review through also, shocking increase, my gas bill(heating only) has gone up to £18.65 a month for the next 12 months!!

I thought you of all people would not have a gas  bill,Lol!

• Like 5

Posted
51 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

I thought you of all people would not have a gas  bill,Lol!

Suspect half of that cost is to keep the pilot light lit!

Posted
12 minutes ago, markyo said:

Suspect half of that cost is to keep the pilot light lit!

I think we will all be paying double by the end of the year,fortunately i have a log burner in the back room so will be out collecting wood!