Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
27 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

A glorious day here too

I liken Spring to the build up of an event; Christmas, a party, perhaps a holiday or even just a weekend. I like the overall upward trend both in temperature and daylight with that 'summer's coming' feel.

Luckily for me I'm happy with anything above 20c so am satisfied most of the time in Summer. Yes, sometimes (like the examples above) the build up is better than the actual thing, but it's out of our control so one might as well enjoy it!

Unlike that drab early Autumn feeling where you sense the darkness coming, Spring gives that nice hopeful feeling that the best part of the year (IMO) is on it's way

Spring is probably the seasonal season for the UK (and NW Europe). Summer we do miss out on the best of heat and T-storms, Autumn we miss out on the vivid colours seen in America & Eurasia and winter, well, I don't need to tell you!

One of my worst days though is clocks forward, really hate it, pitch dark from Sunday 27th at 6am again, was just getting lighter on a morning

clocks back though, like it as lighter on a morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
49 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

A glorious day here too

I liken Spring to the build up of an event; Christmas, a party, perhaps a holiday or even just a weekend. I like the overall upward trend both in temperature and daylight with that 'summer's coming' feel.

Luckily for me I'm happy with anything above 20c so am satisfied most of the time in Summer. Yes, sometimes (like the examples above) the build up is better than the actual thing, but it's out of our control so one might as well enjoy it!

Unlike that drab early Autumn feeling where you sense the darkness coming, Spring gives that nice hopeful feeling that the best part of the year (IMO) is on it's way

Spring is probably the seasonal season for the UK (and NW Europe). Summer we do miss out on the best of heat and T-storms, Autumn we miss out on the vivid colours seen in America & Eurasia and winter, well, I don't need to tell you!

I've bought an air conditioner ready for this summer as last July it was often above 25C in the bedroom which for me is far too warm for a good sleep. Seemed to negatively effect my blood pressure too. Without any breeze even the window open made no difference with short nights. Strangely it was a better summer up north than down south. If we are going to get hotter/longer summers it makes sense to prepare I guess. Probably be coolest wettest on record now that I've bought one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

One of my worst days though is clocks forward, really hate it, pitch dark from Sunday 27th at 6am again, was just getting lighter on a morning

clocks back though, like it as lighter on a morning

Although the hour is recovered in a little over three weeks ooop north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 05/03/2022 at 15:48, markyo said:

Just had my annual review through also, shocking increase, my gas bill(heating only) has gone up to £18.65 a month for the next 12 months!!

That’s pretty cheap tbh, I imagine your alelectrcity bill in the summer is a lot higher with your air con running 24/7.

Next week of weather looking good sunny and first proper warmth this year should finally be able to get the shorts out this weekend! ☀️

B1DA2684-2686-4E94-A64F-6B8E316680B0.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
11 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

That’s pretty cheap tbh, I imagine your alelectrcity bill in the summer is a lot higher with your air con running 24/7.

Next week of weather looking good sunny and first proper warmth this year should finally be able to get the shorts out this weekend! ☀️

B1DA2684-2686-4E94-A64F-6B8E316680B0.png

Its looking good for my trip to the Lakes next week, hopefully get a fair bit of walking in

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Probably a very dumb question but i have been looking at the EnSat24 satellite to see if any clouds are on the way and i noticed some just forming out of nowhere in the middle of a clear patch. Just wondering what causes this to happen? It's a little annoying when you have clear blue skies with no cloud bands coming towards your area, only for some to start forming out of nothing lol. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Probably a very dumb question but i have been looking at the EnSat24 satellite to see if any clouds are on the way and i noticed some just forming out of nowhere in the middle of a clear patch. Just wondering what causes this to happen? It's a little annoying when you have clear blue skies with no cloud bands coming towards your area, only for some to start forming out of nothing lol. 

Simply put probably cumulus forming via evaporation of water/dew on the ground. Possibly with the temperature reaching a certain degree too.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

Frinking annoying isn't it! This is how it looks here right now ... Wonder what we need to do to actually see a full day of clear blue sky round here. But this is what it's been like in the South for the past year so should be used to it. Cloud cloud and more cloud

IMG_20220318_130130712.jpg

48 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Stunning day today, lots of sun and up to 15C now. Plenty more of this to come as well. 

You don't have any cloud at all?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
45 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Frinking annoying isn't it! This is how it looks here right now ... Wonder what we need to do to actually see a full day of clear blue sky round here. But this is what it's been like in the South for the past year so should be used to it. Cloud cloud and more cloud

None here just blue skies, excuse the dirty windows that's the saharan dust.

20220318_135031.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
29 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Today feels like the first day that spring has officially sprung. It's glorious.

Subjective?.. …we don’t all live in you’re locale!  

2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

This was earlier. 

FCFF1480-890E-4E2B-A55C-6C4E1B67E359.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

As is often the case, spring begins to take hold as we near the equinox.

Even though it is still possible until late April, my interest in anything wintry is beginning to wane now. I am hoping we'll have a more average spring this year, as opposed to last year when I had difficulty in successfully growing potatoes. Warm sunny days with the odd cooler day and a few showers in between would be perfect growing conditions for us gardeners.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Mostly sunny and 16C today, first time this year it's been comfy enough for short sleeves in the sun. Hopefully many more to come.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Beautiful Spring Day here in Glourious Worcestershire

20220318_154548.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Beautiful day today. Very mild and sunny and remaining that way all throughout next week. 

I wonder if there is a link between mild wet Februaries and warm dry springs. Februaries 2007, 2011, 2014, 2020 and 2022 were very mild/mild and/or very wet/wet and then the Springs of 2007, 2011 and 2020 were fantastic. 2014 was decent too although not dry and not as good as the others.

March 2022 is now shaping up to be mild and sunny around here. I hope 2022 follows this trend ??☀️

Edited by TheOgre
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Stunning day today, lots of sun and up to 15C now. Plenty more of this to come as well. 

Yeah I love days like this that we get in spring, it’s just perfect for me, clear blue skies, warm sun but not too strong, just pleasantly warm without the heat and humidity that you get in the summer. It’s why I love spring so much. ☀️

2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Today feels like the first day that spring has officially sprung. It's glorious.

Yeah 16°C here and not a cloud to be seen, currently sat out in the garden in shorts and a t-shirt and it feels very pleasant, not been able to do that since September so it’s very nice to be able to do that again after months of cold and gloomy weather.

3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I quite like a bit of fair weather cumulus tbh.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
3 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

As is often the case, spring begins to take hold as we near the equinox.

Even though it is still possible until late April, my interest in anything wintry is beginning to wane now. I am hoping we'll have a more average spring this year, as opposed to last year when I had difficulty in successfully growing potatoes. Warm sunny days with the odd cooler day and a few showers in between would be perfect growing conditions for us gardeners.

“n'er cast a clout till May is out” is what my Gran used to say and there have been plenty of cold springs to prove that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Got home to a bedroom at 15c....oh well here it starts, windows open tonight, fans and on higher...6 months at least of this now sadly

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, markyo said:

Got home to a bedroom at 15c....oh well here it starts, windows open tonight, fans and on higher...6 months at least of this now sadly

Are you OK?

15C.thumb.png.569a9b7828e24c416631569f4a750526.png

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
18 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Are you OK?

15C.thumb.png.569a9b7828e24c416631569f4a750526.png

yes, why? 15c is really max for me for a comfortable bedroom

Edited by markyo