Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

yes, why? 15c is really max for me for a comfortable bedroom

i think i read somewhere 17-18c is the ideal temp for sleeping..i never let my bedroom get below 17c (63f) in the winter and try and keep it below 20c (68f) in summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
Just now, cheeky_monkey said:

i think i read somewhere 17-18c is the ideal temp for sleeping..i never let my bedroom get below 17c (63f) in the winter and try and keep it below 20c (68f) in summer

Mine i like to try and keep about 12c to 13c, find that best for sleeping. Anything above 18c i find very uncomfortable and very hard to sleep in.

• Like 1

Posted

Felt very pleasant in the sheltered garden when the sun wasn’t obscured by clouds earlier. 

chilly in the stiff breeze though.

won’t be t-shirt weather for me until we hit 23 degrees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Mine i like to try and keep about 12c to 13c, find that best for sleeping. Anything above 18c i find very uncomfortable and very hard to sleep in.

reminds me of when i was child..we didnt have central heating so in the winter you get up in the morning and sometimes you could literally see your breath..run into the bathroom onto a cold floor with bare feet ..run back into the bedroom quickly get dressed and go to school or sit in front of the electric fire downstairs ..i bet the room temp back then would have been below 10c

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

Felt very pleasant in the sheltered garden when the sun wasn’t obscured by clouds earlier. 

Sounds about right with t-shirt and shorts at 25c lol. I am however a skinny rake with no real body fat so I have nothing to keep me warm. I'm sure those with much more fat on here will want it much cooler with their premature stripping orf lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
On 18/03/2022 at 20:34, Azazel said:

Yes. As nice as these current conditions are, it's certainly no where near warm enough to be wearing shorts and t shirts just yet. Not warm enough for sunbathing either.

But as usual, there is a huge overreaction in the newspapers.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sat in the sun for the first time properly yesterday. Only ditched the shirt... not warm enough for shorts yet... but very nice all the same. Definitely caught a bit of sun. Repeat performance today methinks.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

At the risk of sounding too domesticated, washing is hung outside for the first time today.  Brisk easterly breeze should aid in the drying process.

Not looking at all bad for next week

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

First day of the year I went out in just a hoodie yesterday, though that wind is still too chilly for me, being in the sunlight is nice and hope this is going to continue in that from now onwards. 

• Like 1

Posted

I still have the heating on low on one radiator, and still have it on low at night. It’s not warm enough just yet. 

Yes, the current spell is an improvement and warmer than it was just a few weeks ago, but I won’t be wearing a lighter jacket and t shirt until we hit 19-21c. 

T- shirt weather comes in around 20-21c, but if it’s breezy, I’ll still wear a light jacket. 22c is where I might consider wearing shorts, but only if there’s no breeze. 24-25c is usually where it feels warm enough to feel comfortable in shorts for me.

2 hours ago, Atmogenic said:

First day of the year I went out in just a hoodie yesterday, though that wind is still too chilly for me, being in the sunlight is nice and hope this is going to continue in that from now onwards. 

The chilly wind is a reminder of how cold it can still get, even on a warmer day. 

Sitting in the shade can still be chilly even into April, and April 2020 had days where it was cold in the shade, even during that nice long warm spell. It’s not until we see a number of days exceeding 23-24c where it starts to feel warmer in the shade.

• Like 2

Just been for a 12miles hike over the purbeck hills. Stunningly clear skies but the breeze was keen. Plenty more of this please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Not bad at all today, lovely clear crisp sky, temp perfect, any warmer and it would spoil it. First time i've seen so many not draped in coats and hats, but still some are! Certainly shorts and t shirt weather no doubt, but that's not really saying much coming from me as i never wear anything else. One does get odd looks digging the car out in snow with shorts on i must say though

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Just been for a 12miles hike over the purbeck hills. Stunningly clear skies but the breeze was keen. Plenty more of this please.

Late March to early June best time of year for fell walking I feel. By mid May it can get a bit too hot but it's the best time generally as skies tend to be less hazy than summer and there is a freshness in the air still with everything growing. Last year was cold mind but 2018 and 2020 exceptional. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Weather forecast for Heathrow is showing a few 22 degrees days along with a 23 next week and full sun for the most part too! Is this going to be a March 2012 style end? Phenomenal forecast if it comes off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'd say enjoy the fine weather while you can. Who knows if it'll be until May/June till we see these conditions again. Like last year when March ended on a warm note, then it went cool to cold till the end of Spring.

• Like 1

Posted
20 hours ago, Azazel said:

When you're as hairy as me, today was perfect t short weather!

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Alderc said:

It’s been a lovely day and you can feel the transition from winter to spring is more notable now. 

Still needed my layers and winter jacket, as the wind was quite strong and dragged the temp down. Walking by the river in west London and top temp was around 14-15c, but 12-13c in the wind. Felt pretty chilly.

This is the type of weather set up I would love more of in May to August, as it would give us a dry heat. Just need the temps to be 23-28c and it will be lovely come May.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

So, where are we at?

The weather this month could be seen coming from a mile off- 

As for where we go from here, there is a weaker signal through the summer months but there is a consistent theme across the longer range modelling that the trough won't be too far away. CFS seems to want it just to the west or southwest of the UK...perhaps warm and wet. At present there is no strong signal for anomalous HP in our immediate vicinity.

CFS-

image.thumb.png.9b1ef1a1a3636407e62f6e2a6f038a94.png

image.thumb.png.0080b182d64173e05ecb4932d0d9b66f.png

GLOSEA is slightly more optimistic and places HP closer to the UK (with the core of the heights just to our NW). The continent looks troughy though so would imply potential thundery lows moving N at times-

2cat_20220301_mslp_months46_global_deter

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Not bad at all today, lovely clear crisp sky, temp perfect, any warmer and it would spoil it. First time i've seen so many not draped in coats and hats, but still some are! Certainly shorts and t shirt weather no doubt, but that's not really saying much coming from me as i never wear anything else. One does get odd looks digging the car out in snow with shorts on i must say though

I can’t wear shorts in this current weather. Nowhere near warm enough. I’ve cranked up the heating now, as the evening becomes colder. 

4 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Late March to early June best time of year for fell walking I feel. By mid May it can get a bit too hot but it's the best time generally as skies tend to be less hazy than summer and there is a freshness in the air still with everything growing. Last year was cold mind but 2018 and 2020 exceptional. 

I think even early June can be still good for hikes, especially by the coast. But come mid June the humidity starts to build.

Posted
3 hours ago, SunSean said:

Weather forecast for Heathrow is showing a few 22 degrees days along with a 23 next week and full sun for the most part too! Is this going to be a March 2012 style end? Phenomenal forecast if it comes off!

This could be a bad signal for summer. If we get all the better weather now, come July and august it will be either tipping down or cloudy. 

Still, we need to enjoy it, so I’ll shut up now lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

March hasn't been dry here, that's for sure. Currently running above average. Sunshine has also been lacking..

Posted

Very sunny and rather dry March here so far. We're close to 90 hours of sunshine after today with plenty more to come over the next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, CreweCold said:

So, where are we at?

The weather this month could be seen coming from a mile off- 

As for where we go from here, there is a weaker signal through the summer months but there is a consistent theme across the longer range modelling that the trough won't be too far away. CFS seems to want it just to the west or southwest of the UK...perhaps warm and wet. At present there is no strong signal for anomalous HP in our immediate vicinity.

CFS-

image.thumb.png.9b1ef1a1a3636407e62f6e2a6f038a94.png

image.thumb.png.0080b182d64173e05ecb4932d0d9b66f.png

GLOSEA is slightly more optimistic and places HP closer to the UK (with the core of the heights just to our NW). The continent looks troughy though so would imply potential thundery lows moving N at times-

2cat_20220301_mslp_months46_global_deter

Sounds like a 2003-type setup to me, at least for June-July of that year. Is whether we then have a good August or head straight to mid September!